Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Scored tickets to the football game, time to wreck tech. Clean old fashioned hate.

A Yankee transplant living in GA is talking ###### about a GT UGA rivalry game...you are here 2 whole years that is rich son...As a GT alum I can say who is in the conference championship game next week and who isnt.....that deep seeded hate a whole 2 years brewing is a hoot... you forget that the motto of your employer and its football team is wait til next year

A Yankee transplant living in GA is talking ###### about a GT UGA rivalry game...you are here 2 whole years that is rich son...As a GT alum I can say who is in the conference championship game next week and who isnt.....that deep seeded hate a whole 2 years brewing is a hoot... you forget that the motto of your employer and its football team is wait til next year

Ok, in all fairness to Liger, you're talking about the ACC championship game, right? A basketball conference.

how bout them jackets bubba.....athens is quiet like a rat pissing on cotton....again

But this part has me grinning.

My son is a senior in high school. He is taking a class that requires him to do a 1 day intern somewhere other than a typical HS part time employer, sort of a career related thing. With the help of the school he was able to get a 1 day internship at a Buffalo radio station. So, for you metro Buffalo folks, tune in to 103.3 in the morning on 12/30. He'll be in the studio with the morning DJ's. We don't know for sure that they'll put him on the air, but I can't imagine they wouldn't give him the option.

That's got to be a bragging rights gig for a high schooler.

My Calc III final begins in an hour, and when it is finished, I will have completed my last calculus class for the foreseeable future. I've been doing calculus for three and a half years now, so I'm definitely ready to move on to some other fun-filled math classes!

Shhh, no one tell him about Diff Eq. :)

Oh I'm well aware :P 8:30AM MWF all spring. I haven't had a math class at any time other than 8:30 AM since sophomore year of high school. I'm going to be doing math in my head as i wake up every day the rest of my life.

While I don't really remember anything about actually working with Diff Eq, I do remember finding it a easier than Calc 2 and 3. There's hope for you!

That's what I've heard, too. My physics class this semester used differential equations rather extensively so I think I'll be okay. :)

That happens, at least at UB in the engineering track. The Physics classes were often ahead of the Math that you were supposed to be taking at the same time. In my case, we actually took Diff Eq before Calc 3 because we'd be really lost in the Physics otherwise.

There must be some sort of promotion along with that big of a raise, right?

Not really. The promotion to VP came at my last review two years ago, and was accompanied by a 30% raise. I work for a small company, and the only person above me is the owner. He's approaching 60 (his self-appointed retirement age) in two years, and asked me what I wanted to stay on in the same capacity, to maybe see if I take over the company two years from now. I went into the review prepared for a 5% increase, but when he asked me what I wanted, I went higher and he agreed. Just last month we had reviews for two of my sales managers and I had to fight to get them a slightly less than 5% raise, so I was surprised he was amenable to my proposal.

Sorry for the long post, but this amused me. Comments from an article about a South Korean Airline VP that resigned over how nuts were served. It epitomizes "that escalated quickly".

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/09/world/asia/korean-air-nuts-scandal/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

The "Jackin' it in San Diego" episode of South Park was on last night. That has to be the catchiest song they've ever done.

Agreed. And now it's in my head.

My Calc III final begins in an hour, and when it is finished, I will have completed my last calculus class for the foreseeable future. I've been doing calculus for three and a half years now, so I'm definitely ready to move on to some other fun-filled math classes!

That has to be an oxymoron. :P

Had my two year review yesterday (I have biennial reviews as opposed to annual), and came out of it with an unexpected 20% raise!

Congrats!

2 Finals down, 2 to go. Took a Stats final where the average grade on the test from last year was reportedly 10%, professor curved it 65 points. I got an A on both midterms, but this guy decides to throw in absurd ###### at the end for the final and make it a joke of a test. I think I got a 30-40 on it. I don't get the point of making a final so hard where you have to curve it that much. I get a difficult final, but that's just asinine.

2 Finals down, 2 to go. Took a Stats final where the average grade on the test from last year was reportedly 10%, professor curved it 65 points. I got an A on both midterms, but this guy decides to throw in absurd ###### at the end for the final and make it a joke of a test. I think I got a 30-40 on it. I don't get the point of making a final so hard where you have to curve it that much. I get a difficult final, but that's just asinine.

My Calc exam today was the same way, I may very well get an A or B with what would normally be a failing grade :P I'm not used to that at all, for sure.

I have an exam in about five hours but some people on my floor have decreed themselves exempt from quiet hours again :(

I had a bone marrow biopsy recently. (No need to celebrate, it came back negative and I have 48 years to post.) I was told before the procedure that the diagnostics on the sample would be done by a company in my insurance network, hence it would be at very little, if any, cost to me. I then get one of those EOB letters from the insurance company stating that the company out in California is not in my network, and I might be billed 14 grand. 14. Gr. And.

But today I got a letter from the company itself stating that even though the EOB letter was right, they are not in network, for some reason they are able to work with insurance company and be considered in-network. So I'm off the hook. Which is awesome. Not that anyone was getting a check for 14 grand from me. But it could have gotten nasty.

That's a sign of a ###### professor. I'm sorry but that's complete bull. What the hell do you learn from a situation like that?

Tonight is the final crit of my first class. I love those kids (except for the one girl I've discussed in the complaint thread). This is something I never knew I could or would do. My students have already told me that they plan on visiting me next semester, and my class is full (and beyond) already for Spring. I think they have me signed in for next Fall already, as well.

So although I'm stressed and depressed (god i hate the holidays), it's good to know I did something right. Their work has come so far- they've all improved so so so much. I have to select about 6 works from the class for a display case and I'm happy to say that the 6 I plan on grabbing are all really great pieces that I'm proud to have overseen. A couple of those pieces are professional level.

It's awesome.