Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

d4rk and I gave each other the same xmas prezzies last night. Complete surprise.

I gave him a hockey stick and some toys (OYO sports figures). He gave me a hockey stick and a toy (a little Toothless dragon from how to train your dragon). And we both gave each other the exact same card. With the same message written in it (not just "merry xmas, love..." weird specifics)

(I also gave him some Bulleit rye and goalie knee pads but they weren't really a surprise)

I think we've assimilated each other.

Are those OYO things the ultra custom Lego-ish guys?

Are those OYO things the ultra custom Lego-ish guys?

Yeah they're out of Massachusetts. They have a little base that is equipped to snap onto Lego sheets. So you could theoretically use them with Lego.

They have tiny pieces though and I think they're for display more than play. I really like them. They sit on display with my various vintage toy trucks and Lego kits.

Yeah they're out of Massachusetts. They have a little base that is equipped to snap onto Lego sheets. So you could theoretically use them with Lego.

They have tiny pieces though and I think they're for display more than play. I really like them. They sit on display with my various vintage toy trucks and Lego kits.

They're awesome.

Little Case of Emotion got to pick out three when he was at the game Saturday with his Granddparents.

He wanted McCormick (of course), but settled for Ennis, Enroth, and Lord Zemgus.

When I got home from work today, he had this "breakfast-in-bed" table-thingy that we have in his bed and was using one of the boxes as the goal and the ridges on the tray as the boards. They are totally for playing with.

Oh god.

Read the description of the franchise on their page: http://www.oyosports.com/Hockey/Buffalo-Sabres

:o :mellow: :( :cry:

Just got back from Maui and I have to say that it was awesome. Beautiful place, beautiful and friendly people and spectacular beaches and scenery. It was hard getting back on that plane to come home. I met so many people with the same story that went something like this. "I came for a visit 26 years ago and just never got back on that plane." I understand why. I went to Oahu in 87 but Maui has 'IT'. Not too busy, not too slow. If anyone hasn't been and gets an opportunity to go I recommend it.

They're awesome.

Little Case of Emotion got to pick out three when he was at the game Saturday with his Granddparents.

He wanted McCormick (of course), but settled for Ennis, Enroth, and Lord Zemgus.

Oh man, I'd love a Vanek iff (if and only if) it had Vanek-face instead of a smile.

I'm not sure this really belongs in the awesome thread, but this was in the cupboard at my parents house. I must have left it here at some point in the past (although I'm not sure how it would have migrated from Philly to Buffalo). Here's to a new year of Pillaging and never losing to the Candy Canes again.

post-1315-0-72637600-1419622899_thumb.jpg

HBO reshowing The Wire all weekend. Watched it all a few years ago on Netflix but it's so good I can't pass it up.

The Wire is my favorite series. The last season with the Sun newspaper and the season focused on the port of Baltimore were not as strong as the others, but still incredibly compelling TV. Living near Baltimore, I lived through those years with the drug war raging and the high murder rates. I wish they would consider a remake. I did a "wire tour" one weekend and went to the West Side places shown in the series. Some of them no longer exist, but some do.

The Wire is my favorite series. The last season with the Sun newspaper and the season focused on the port of Baltimore were not as strong as the others, but still incredibly compelling TV. Living near Baltimore, I lived through those years with the drug war raging and the high murder rates. I wish they would consider a remake. I did a "wire tour" one weekend and went to the West Side places shown in the series. Some of them no longer exist, but some do.

I had the unfortunate circumstance of ending up in some of those places when visiting relatives. Scary bad.

I had a bone marrow biopsy recently. (No need to celebrate, it came back negative and I have 48 years to post.) I was told before the procedure that the diagnostics on the sample would be done by a company in my insurance network, hence it would be at very little, if any, cost to me. I then get one of those EOB letters from the insurance company stating that the company out in California is not in my network, and I might be billed 14 grand. 14. Gr. And.

But today I got a letter from the company itself stating that even though the EOB letter was right, they are not in network, for some reason they are able to work with insurance company and be considered in-network. So I'm off the hook. Which is awesome. Not that anyone was getting a check for 14 grand from me. But it could have gotten nasty.

Congrats on both the negative and the no charge!

Good stuff boys......

I had a bone marrow biopsy recently. (No need to celebrate, it came back negative and I have 48 years to post.) I was told before the procedure that the diagnostics on the sample would be done by a company in my insurance network, hence it would be at very little, if any, cost to me. I then get one of those EOB letters from the insurance company stating that the company out in California is not in my network, and I might be billed 14 grand. 14. Gr. And.

But today I got a letter from the company itself stating that even though the EOB letter was right, they are not in network, for some reason they are able to work with insurance company and be considered in-network. So I'm off the hook. Which is awesome. Not that anyone was getting a check for 14 grand from me. But it could have gotten nasty.

Missed this the first time around, but I'm happy to hear the good news.

Of course, having this message board crowd-fund your bone marrow biopsy would have been a fun start to 2015 for all of us. Something to do while we wait for the Tank to end.

Missed this the first time around, but I'm happy to hear the good news.

Of course, having this message board crowd-fund your bone marrow biopsy would have been a fun start to 2015 for all of us. Something to do while we wait for the Tank to end.

What's 14 grand minus $11.34?