Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

Anyone have Fourtner at UB for Bio? Got a 67 on my first ever test in college, I thought my life was over until he showed us the bell curve and I ended up with a B and one of the better grades in class. I couldn't believe it. I hated that class...

I had him for physiology. After one exam the entire class was in full on revolt and he just got fed up with it and walked out of the lecture hall. A huge WTF moment for everyone. At the next class he apologized, but you could tell it was a forced apology by the higher ups as he was seething the whole time.

So it seems like there're a bunch of people on here who love science, which is awesome. I was thinking about making a Science thread where people can talk about scientific news like the comet landing/Hedron Collider/etc. Talk about your careers, or just some cool ###### you heard in class or on tv. Obviously it's open to anyone; if you hear some cool things about science, or find something cool online like a debate/theory on Ted talks or something, throw it in.

One thing: science only. ###### your politics, I only want the science.

Would people be down with this thread or no? If not I'll just flood this one with science stuff. :nana:

So it seems like there're a bunch of people on here who love science, which is awesome. I was thinking about making a Science thread where people can talk about scientific news like the comet landing/Hedron Collider/etc. Talk about your careers, or just some cool ###### you heard in class or on tv. Obviously it's open to anyone; if you hear some cool things about science, or find something cool online like a debate/theory on Ted talks or something, throw it in.

Would people be down with this thread or no? If not I'll just flood this one with science stuff. :nana:

I think that's a great idea. I'd love to learn from some of you scientist types.

would political science we welcome?

No.

Dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiit

Since we are doing dog stuff, this story is pretty cool. http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/outposts/post/stray-dog-joins-endurance-racers-epic-trek/

Endurance athlete Mikael Lindnord issued this statement after completing the grueling 430-mile Adventure Racing World Championship in the Amazon jungle: “I came to Ecuador to win the World Championship. Instead, I got a new friend.”

That friend is Arthur, a remarkable dog who decided, after being fed a meatball, that he no longer wished to be a stray jungle mutt; that he’d stick with Lindnord and Team Peak Performance regardless of circumstances.

Since we are doing dog stuff, this story is pretty cool. http://www.grindtv.c...cers-epic-trek/

i was reading about that. officials told them at one point that the dog was a danger to them and itself if they let it tag along. They tried to leave him behind at the kayak portion. But the dog refused to be left behind and swam after them.

i was reading about that. officials told them at one point that the dog was a danger to them and itself if they let it tag along. They tried to leave him behind at the kayak portion. But the dog refused to be left behind and swam after them.

Yeah, that part is in the link. That dog was COMMITTED.

Sounds good!

I'm trying to figure out how it took me until my 40s to really notice her. Never got into Jag but they didn't exactly flaunt her assets in that show.

I think because she's hotter now.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think there is plenty of late night sCinemax type movies of her.