Things that are AWESOME...

SDS

12 hours ago, ubkev said:

I'll stay in the waters off of Florida, thanks. I'm pretty sure the north Atlantic up by you is part of the Arctic. 

Another bonus to Florida, the water is too warm for Great Whites. 

North Atlantic is just a tad bit warmer than the Arctic.

That said, last summer we had the warmest waters up here ever recorded.

Still cool enough for the Great Whites.  Whites and whales are pretty much all we have.  Whites have been seen just outside the inner part of Halifax harbour.

On a day where thoughts and emotions are heavy and your mind is numb with shock and sadness, there isn’t anything quite as awesome as leashing up the dog and taking a walk around the neighborhood on a brisk, sunny day.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Weave said:

On a day where thoughts and emotions are heavy and your mind is numb with shock and sadness, there isn’t anything quite as awesome as leashing up the dog and taking a walk around the neighborhood on a brisk, sunny day.

Unfortunately, I have an Old Dawg, and I can see him slipping a little every day.  He's almost 14, which for a big-ish dog is getting up there.

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Unfortunately, I have an Old Dawg, and I can see him slipping a little every day.  He's almost 14, which for a big-ish dog is getting up there.

Been there.  A couple of times.

We’re dealing with the expected, very soon loss of a close family member. The innocent joy of a happy dog is keeping me afloat right now.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 1/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, North Buffalo said:

Dropped my oldest off at college last weekend for the first time... He got a late start because of covid isolation and he just wasnt ready... He worked the last year and a half... but he is on his way and we are both proud of him and sad he is gone... I dadded him and my wife mommed him last weekend moving him in taking turns crying on the way home... Sounds like he is really excited to be there which is great...

IMG_0785.jpeg

Awesome. And I have felt your pain acutely.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

He appears to be growing up excited to be on his own and making new friends... 

As it is supposed to be.  Down the ages parents of any species sole job is to prepare their young for life on their own.

Some do it better than others.  Every species, including humans, could learn a lot by watching crow families.

Looks like you two did a great job.

17 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Any time I watch 11 I am so happy that he spent his entire career in Blue and Gold.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Got a phone call last night from my former co-worker and good friend who was diagnosed with brain cancer ( Glio Blastoma Multiforme- median survival after diagnosis is 14-16 months with around 1% survival at 10 years - yep, it's bad) and she was given 18 months to live. That diagnosis was 5.5 years ago after she collapsed on the street having convulsions. Yesterday she was released by her oncologist after she was told that he was too busy taking care of sick people and didn't need to follow someone who had 2 years of stable MRIs to her credit. That phone call was the very definition of AWESOME!!!

Cancer sucks!,  but it can be beaten. Even the worst ones.  God willing with all the research being done there will be some secrets unlocked and we can maybe get the upper hand. Jim Valvano said it best... " Never, ever give up". 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

It's 3am and I'm hammered in Palawan Phillipines.. I have to wake up in 2 hours to cstxh a flight home.. Mf it.... I'm gonna meke it. Don't wanna leaveeee

Time to head to the airport bar.