Stafford needs to go

Eleven

A) Pittsburgh is successful because they won a lottery to get 89

B) Dupuis and Stafford are about equal in their roles on the team and contract is similar

C) Neal.'s contract befits a number 3 forward as it should

Think you made my point

Who is 89?

A) The Penguins have made a ton of moves since drafting Crosby in 2005. It are those moves that separates the Penguins from other teams.

B) Stafford has nowhere near the value as Dupris has to the Penguins.

C) Neal has production that rivals Vanek not Drew Stafford. $5 mil for a 40 goal scorer is about as good a deal as a team can hope for.

It seems your heart just isn't into this conversation, you seem to be just throwing crap against the wall hoping something sticks.

So let me get this right. If Vanek played with Crosby, you think he'd see ~30 point per year increase in production. But Dupuis, with Crosby, puts up Stafford-equivalent numbers, and is suddenly unbelievably more valuable to the Pens than Stafford is to the Sabres? Nice.

Before Neal joined Pittsburgh he was a 20/25 goal scorer on par with Stafford.

Dupuis is just another Warren Young type guy, a grinder who benefits immensely from his line mates.

Shero's acquisitions haven't fared much better then DR's, he just had 87(sorry for the typo), Malkin and Letang to bail him out.

Just to be clear, my feelings on DR have always been clear and guys like Stafford and Connolly et al have been a tremendous disappointment to me as well. But every year starts anew and while prior years results are usually indicative of future years, it is not always the case. Stafford is only 27 and most of his biggest detractors admit he has world class talent. Clearly they are not going to get anything for him at this time. So if the bet is either Stafford or a 2nd round pick, I will give Stafford another chance.

So let me get this right. If Vanek played with Crosby, you think he'd see ~30 point per year increase in production. But Dupuis, with Crosby, puts up Stafford-equivalent numbers, and is suddenly unbelievably more valuable to the Pens than Stafford is to the Sabres? Nice.

Stafford has no value to the Sabres. If you follow the Pens at all you know that Dupris has tremendous value. As for your confusion. Dupris as valuable as he is, is no Thomas Vanek. You're talking two different players that bring two completely different skill sets.

Before Neal joined Pittsburgh he was a 20/25 goal scorer on par with Stafford.

Dupuis is just another Warren Young type guy, a grinder who benefits immensely from his line mates.

Shero's acquisitions haven't fared much better then DR's, he just had 87(sorry for the typo), Malkin and Letang to bail him out.

Just to be clear, my feelings on DR have always been clear and guys like Stafford and Connolly et al have been a tremendous disappointment to me as well. But every year starts anew and while prior years results are usually indicative of future years, it is not always the case. Stafford is only 27 and most of his biggest detractors admit he has world class talent. Clearly they are not going to get anything for him at this time. So if the bet is either Stafford or a 2nd round pick, I will give Stafford another chance.

Neal in his first 3 seasons as a Star had as many 20+ goal seasons as Stafford has in his 7 year Sabres career. You see what I mean about throwing stuff against the wall. You are way off your game today.

If Stafford had Dupris' overall game no one would be talking about trading him.

You're right, a Stanley Cup is not much better than missing the playoffs 7 out of 11 years. If Regier would have made Shero like moves while the Sabres had Hasek there would be Stanley Cup banner(s) hanging in the F'N Center.

• 4 weeks later...

Stafford needs to go. For all the glimpses of talent he has shown and moments when he can be physical, his work effort sucks and his moodiness/ manic depressive attitude makes him a shadow of the effort Dupuis gives the Burgh. Please don't compare the two. Talent wise, maybe comparable, effort wise not even close.

This pansy needs to go elsewhere. I would trade Stafford for Dupuis straight up any day. I would consider it a steal.

P.S. My two favorite whipping boys if you haven't figured out are Stafford hopefully not to be replaced by Grigerenko and Darcy because he hasn't found a number 1 center in 5+ years or been very good at evaluating offensive players.

I give him an A- for Defensive players and goaltenders but Offense he gets a solid D. Not an F only because he seems to do be doing really well recently with 2nd to 3rd line players... and there is some potential in the pipeline. But like I said that gets him a D, just not an F.

Edited by North Buffalo

• 4 weeks later...

Only took one preseason game toget this one back up, eh? :lol:

This drum beat should continue everyday until he is gone... Just got a little tired of posting during off season. We should rotate every day one of posting that line.... How pathetic and he seems to have promoted Grigo's attitude too... Nuts.