Stafford needs to go

Eleven

this is a pattern thats about 31 posts long.

Mod, cleanup on aisle 7.

You wish, agreed it is a mess, but until Stafford is gone there is no sense in cleaning it up. Because every time you do Stafford comes along and dumps more crap on the floor that we all can wallow in and create another 24 pages of posts worth. Too much fun. My only question is, who will be the next whipping boy? Grigs?

Edited by North Buffalo

You wish, agreed it is a mess, but until Stafford is gone there is no sense in cleaning it up. Because every time you do Stafford comes along and dumps more crap on the floor that we all can wallow in and creat another 24 pages of posts worth. Too much fun. My only question is, who will be the next whipping boy? Grigs?

Unfortunately the new guy hasn't limited his tired act to just the Stafford thread.

Is it really that hard to put someone on your ignore list people? You want someone to go away yet you keep responding to them. Haven't you people figured out yet why I never respond to a single post from weave?

:wub:

You wish, agreed it is a mess, but until Stafford is gone there is no sense in cleaning it up. Because every time you do Stafford comes along and dumps more crap on the floor that we all can wallow in and create another 24 pages of posts worth. Too much fun. My only question is, who will be the next whipping boy? Grigs?

The Saviour? Doubtful

It would have to be whomever is left from the "rotten old core"

Maybe Tallinder although he did just return, but fans here seem to enjoy whipping the old dogs that are on cheap deals to fill a lower type role (See 2012-2013 - Hecht, Jochen)

If I had to guess, I'm taking someone who is playing 3rd or 4th line minutes or maybe the number 5-7 defencmen on the team cause those guys are always expected to be superstars around here and are whipped for only being role player guys

The Saviour? Doubtful

It would have to be whomever is left from the "rotten old core"

Maybe Tallinder although he did just return, but fans here seem to enjoy whipping the old dogs that are on cheap deals to fill a lower type role (See 2012-2013 - Hecht, Jochen)

If I had to guess, I'm taking someone who is playing 3rd or 4th line minutes or maybe the number 5-7 defencmen on the team cause those guys are always expected to be superstars around here and are whipped for only being role player guys

I think we all know it will be Myers.

i had figured it out, forgotten how to do it, and re-familiarized myself with it today.

It is fun when you figure out how to do it again like I just did. You get to see who else is on there. I have that fire lindy ruff now guy who has since been banned and also Deluca's signature for some reason. I have no idea how that happened.

It is fun when you figure out how to do it again like I just did. You get to see who else is on there. I have that fire lindy ruff now guy who has since been banned and also Deluca's signature for some reason. I have no idea how that happened.

FLRN was the closest I ever got to ignore. If the esteemed Mr. Kruse had kept it up for a few more days, I think I would have done it.

Sabres Twitter feed just pointed out that Drew Stafford posted to the team's Facebook feed to thank people for well wishes on his nuptials.

And that led me down a rabbit hole of NHL players who post to Facebook. Including this gem of an exchange between Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo.

post-760-0-70579900-1374595209_thumb.png

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Is it really that hard to put someone on your ignore list people? You want someone to go away yet you keep responding to them. Haven't you people figured out yet why I never respond to a single post from weave?

The ignore feature is easily defeated by people quoting a user's posts. It's essentially worthless.

:wub:

:w00t:

Ooo... quote me again so he sees this!

That's the last time I do your bidding, Sensei.

Sabres Twitter feed just pointed out that Drew Stafford posted to the team's Facebook feed to thank people for well wishes on his nuptials.

And that led me down a rabbit hole of NHL players who post to Facebook. Including this gem of an exchange between Ville Leino and Dan Carcillo.

Wow, no one is going to use this to start a Leino to be bought out theory?

Someone with his contract ssys that he needs to save money and thats why he has cheap seats to the Stones Concert, i thought someone would be all over that meaning he knows the Sabres are going to void his contract or something along those lines, people here are really slipping/letting this slide. Something must be wrong!

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20741-stafford-needs-to-go/page__st__800#entry498953

I didn't say I expect it, just that it would be a huge addition if it did happen.

By the way, no reason for you to believe me but I said it before. Those close to situation will tell you, it's not being lazy or not caring. In fact, they will tell you he cares too much and is too effected by outside opinions.

They will also tell you it may never change so it still may be best to move him.

I have no doubt that he's a good person and can believe that he 'cares' deeply about being a better player. But IMHO his biggest issue is that he has absolutely no interest in partaking in any of the physicality that comes with the game unless it is to defend a smaller teammate that has been bullied by someone bigger than him. I'd be shocked if he wasn't significantly bigger than the other kids growing up and was brought up to not be a bully.

I can see where 'caring' too much about the game can have him screw up a pass or not have his shot go where it needs to go. The old 'gripping the stick too tight' syndrome. His 1st 5 years in the league he had a very good shooting percentage 4 of the 5 seasons; as the fan ire has built up his shooting percentage has fallen off the face of the earth. But that doesn't explain not being able to pick up a pass that isn't exactly on his stick nor does it explain his playing the sort of game that Satan played.

For his sake, the Sabres' sake, and ours; he has to go somewhere else.

I have no doubt that he's a good person and can believe that he 'cares' deeply about being a better player. But IMHO his biggest issue is that he has absolutely no interest in partaking in any of the physicality that comes with the game unless it is to defend a smaller teammate that has been bullied by someone bigger than him. I'd be shocked if he wasn't significantly bigger than the other kids growing up and was brought up to not be a bully.

I can see where 'caring' too much about the game can have him screw up a pass or not have his shot go where it needs to go. The old 'gripping the stick too tight' syndrome. His 1st 5 years in the league he had a very good shooting percentage 4 of the 5 seasons; as the fan ire has built up his shooting percentage has fallen off the face of the earth. But that doesn't explain not being able to pick up a pass that isn't exactly on his stick nor does it explain his playing the sort of game that Satan played.

For his sake, the Sabres' sake, and ours; he has to go somewhere else.

I'm probably one of the most firmly entrenched people you'll ever find in the "Let's Run Drew Stafford Out of Town" camp, but the Sabres simply have to be the worst passing pro hockey team I ever saw.

I have *never* in my life seen a pro team, botch so many completely simple passes like the Sabres do. If it were me, I'd be outraged too at some point and stop reaching for one crap pass after another.

What we as fans often fail to understand, is that in this league, reaching for a bad pass can put you directly in the crosshairs of any cheapshort artist, wishing to put you in the stands for a few months nursing a concussion.

Doubt this is the case with Stafford, just thought I'd throw it in there. You never know.

I'm probably one of the most firmly entrenched people you'll ever find in the "Let's Run Drew Stafford Out of Town" camp, but the Sabres simply have to be the worst passing pro hockey team I ever saw.

I have *never* in my life seen a pro team, botch so many completely simple passes like the Sabres do. If it were me, I'd be outraged too at some point and stop reaching for one crap pass after another.

What we as fans often fail to understand, is that in this league, reaching for a bad pass can put you directly in the crosshairs of any cheapshort artist, wishing to put you in the stands for a few months nursing a concussion.

Doubt this is the case with Stafford, just thought I'd throw it in there. You never know.

If Stafford were consistently close to an opposing player this comment might have merit. I've seen FAR too many non-controlled passes when he was by himself to believe self preservation has anything to do with it.