Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Yup. He should be right around .12 for his shooting percentage.

For all the bitching about Stafford and Myers, fact remains is if they both play up to their perceived abilities, this team could be really good. Even their biggest detractors seem to believe they have a lot more ability them they have shown the last two years.

For all the bitching about Stafford and Myers, fact remains is if they both play up to their perceived abilities, this team could be really good. Even their biggest detractors seem to believe they have a lot more ability them they have shown the last two years.

Stafford has played to his ability exactly two out of his seven seasons: First, in 06-07, when he was trying to make the team. Then, in 10-11, when he was trying to get a contract. That's it. He is lazy. He does not play to his potential. There is no reason to expect this to change. Get rid of him.

Stafford has played to his ability exactly two out of his seven seasons: First, in 06-07, when he was trying to make the team. Then, in 10-11, when he was trying to get a contract. That's it. He is lazy. He does not play to his potential. There is no reason to expect this to change. Get rid of him.

O I agree we should get rid of him because he doesn't fit the work hard mentality that we are trying to build. But he should statistically look better on paper this season than he did last year.

I didn't say I expect it, just that it would be a huge addition if it did happen.

By the way, no reason for you to believe me but I said it before. Those close to situation will tell you, it's not being lazy or not caring. In fact, they will tell you he cares too much and is too effected by outside opinions.

They will also tell you it may never change so it still may be best to move him.

I didn't say I expect it, just that it would be a huge addition if it did happen.

By the way, no reason for you to believe me but I said it before. Those close to situation will tell you, it's not being lazy or not caring. In fact, they will tell you he cares too much and is too effected by outside opinions.

They will also tell you it may never change so it still may be best to move him.

The old "Tim Connolly" syndrome. Can the Sabres just get rid of all these thin skinned guys who get down on themselves because they are criticized.

There's no reason for me not to believe you, either. Still, move him.

The old "Tim Connolly" syndrome. Can the Sabres just get rid of all these thin skinned guys who get down on themselves because they are criticized.

Can't say I disagree. The mental game is what separate most of these guys and some guys never get over the "confidence" hump

what about the thin skinned all knowing fans who were offended when Stafford called them "mouse potatoes"
I'm pretty sure no one was offended by that.

not offended on our own behalfs (behalves?) -- more like destroyed to discover that our RW1/RW2 of the future was the sort of fella who would offer a beat-down/shout-out to fans of the team who vent in the blogo-message-board-sphere.

Stafford a punk on the ice but he would sure destroy anyone of us. Dude is jacked.

True that. He would also administer swirlies and wedgies to all comers. Plus, he would (accurately) call out some of us as "f@gs" and others as "pu$sies."

Fear the Staff!

had to Google it.

#stillnotsurehowtouseitinasentence

#orhowtoputtheappropriatequebecoisstankonit

It's basically like using the F word. "Aww tabarnak, I really wanted to play some puck today at the sports chalet" or "that guy is a real tabarnak"

I think stafford is going to have a bounceback year and I hope he plays out his contract with us, and then we get him on a more reasonable contract next time around :)

I hope we have world peace, and that we find the secret to faster than light travel. .

to the other point about stafford bouncing back: if the over/under on goals scored in the coming year were 18 for stafford, i would be taking the over. and if the over/under on points were 35, i'd likewise take the over. he's got a terrific skill set. says here that he can't be a complete and total turd for the super majority of 82 games.