Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Many assume he scored 30 goals because it was a contract year. If that's really what caused the 30 to happen, something similar will happen again.

And then we can trade him to Minnesota for their 2nd round pick in 2016. Thus ensuring that Minnesota never picks in the 2nd round again! mwhahahaha :devil:

And then we can trade him to Minnesota for their 2nd round pick in 2016. Thus ensuring that Minnesota never picks in the 2nd round again! mwhahahaha :devil:

Don't we already have that one, too?

Many assume he scored 30 goals because it was a contract year. If that's really what caused the 30 to happen, something similar will happen again.

I feel like we just learned the hard way that waiting until the deadline isn't always your best course of action.

Not to mention we traded Pominville last year because his value was higher with an extra year left on the contract.

Right now we have no idea what Stafford's value will be in a year.

I feel like we just learned the hard way that waiting until the deadline isn't always your best course of action.

Not to mention we traded Pominville last year because his value was higher with an extra year left on the contract.

Right now we have no idea what Stafford's value will be in a year.

I'm not sure about that, it's not like we *have* to trade Stafford next year at the deadline, he might be an attractive piece in the offseason (if he continues playing well) for a team looking to make a run next year. This year, a good team doesn't want to disrupt too much. At the draft/summer, a good team may want Drew to replace an outgoing UFA. Plus, in the last year of his deal it's not as much of a risk.

And I bet he has about 40 shutouts, oh wait, that's not good for a forward is it?

See, you had to go and spoil it, by bringing up the rest of the NHL. His stats look decent when compared with the rest of the Sabres, but not so good in comparison to the rest of the league. Stafford is 165th in the league in goals, and way down at 206th place in points. That's really not very good, is it? :lol: