Stafford needs to go

Eleven

Fill in the blank:

"If you ordered __________ from Mighty Taco and don't like it, you definitely don't like Mighty Taco."

(I've tried it and just don't get the widespread appeal - I may be ordering the wrong things)

You're probably doing it wrong. You should be drunk first before you go.

Fill in the blank:

"If you ordered __________ from Mighty Taco and don't like it, you definitely don't like Mighty Taco."

(I've tried it and just don't get the widespread appeal - I may be ordering the wrong things)

It's disgusting. That "meat" is barely food.

So while everyone waits for the inevitable decline of Stafford, what if, just maybe, Ted Nolan was the answer to making Drew Stafford the player he is now and this continues?

This is where having a new management team in place is good because they don't have to look at the history of Stafford.

I don't think he's going anywhere. His cap hit is $4MM and that's going to be spot on for where he ends up on this roster.

Stafford must go at all costs, even if he becomes a perennial 30-40 goal scorer elsewhere I will not care. When it comes to NHL hockey these days there are only two things I pine for: A successful tank and Drew Stafford becoming an ex-Sabre.

I live in the American Mecca of Mexican food, with everything from taco trucks to expensive Mexican restaurants for as far as the eye can see.

But I would shiv five of my coworkers just to get a Beef and Cheese Burrito from Mighty. Mighty Taco isn't Mexican food. It's Mighty Taco.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

Indeed, with all the authentic mexican taco trucks and restaurants in these parts I learned pretty quickly that Mighty Taco just plain sucks.

I live in the American Mecca of Mexican food, with everything from taco trucks to expensive Mexican restaurants for as far as the eye can see.

But I would shiv five of my coworkers just to get a Beef and Cheese Burrito from Mighty. Mighty Taco isn't Mexican food. It's Mighty Taco.

It's not the Mexican designation that bothers me, by the way.

Perfect.

It is, indeed, perfect.

Stafford must go at all costs, even if he becomes a perennial 30-40 goal scorer elsewhere I will not care. When it comes to NHL hockey these days there are only two things I pine for: A successful tank and Drew Stafford becoming an ex-Sabre.

You embody that emotional response that I refer to. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying you do.

Fact is, Stafford is not going anywhere. He'll be earning his $4MM next year. He's serviceable and his contract will in no way hamper the Sabres. There's no way another GM is going to give the Sabres anything they need right now for Stafford. Late round draft picks? Not needed. Impact players? No one trades an impact player for a non-impact player.

So he's a Sabre and his salary will help make the floor next year.

It is, indeed, perfect.

You embody that emotional response that I refer to. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just saying you do.

Fact is, Stafford is not going anywhere. He'll be earning his $4MM next year. He's serviceable and his contract will in no way hamper the Sabres. There's no way another GM is going to give the Sabres anything they need right now for Stafford. Late round draft picks? Not needed. Impact players? No one trades an impact player for a non-impact player.

I think this is the most likely outcome, although I would expect him to be traded at the deadline next year.

I only live an hour from Buffalo - but I haven't gone to Mighty Taco in several years. I love their food though..... I need to get there!

Folks, while I do eat Mighty from time to time when I'm in Buffalo, the sad fact is:

Taco Bell < Mighty Taco < average Mexican place < Baja Fresh/Q'doba/Moe's < really good Mexican place

Good luck finding either of those at 3:30 in the morning.

Fill in the blank:

Taco cat backwards is still taco cat.

One of the advantages of living in Tejas is that when I want late-night tacos I just stop at a taco truck in the barrio and buy them from people who don't know how to speak English, typically for $1.00-1.50 a piece.

Yep, those are the ones I'm talking about. There is an awesome one that typically parks right down the road from my office with tacos for $1 on fresh, warm tortillas. When I go I usually get the lengua (beef tongue), which is delicious, but they also have the traditional pork, beef chicken etc. There are late night ones here too but I'm never out past 11 anymore.

Yep, those are the ones I'm talking about. There is an awesome one that typically parks right down the road from my office with tacos for $1 on fresh, warm tortillas. When I go I usually get the lengua (beef tongue), which is delicious, but they also have the traditional pork, beef chicken etc. There are late night ones here too but I'm never out past 11 anymore.

Eeeeeeesssshhh. My grandmother used to eat beef tongue. I remember when I was a kid and she would visit, there would be a bunch of deli meats in wax paper in the fridge, and I would open one up looking for turkey or something and find a huge cow's tongue sitting there. It never failed to completely gross me out.

I don't think of Mighty and Mexican in the same mindset. They are very different to me. That being said mighty is something I ate a lot as an undergrad because it was cheap and I enjoyed. As I have gotten older and especially since I left, I am left excited about it. It is a beefy cheesy mess with some soggy lettuce. It is good drunk food but if I am in Buffalo there are other things I'd rather eat... like Wegmans or Gramma Mora's or Elmo's wings, Brennan's... stuff like that.