Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

which feature is this?

Umm tough to explain.

While you're replying to a topic, if someone else makes a post in that topic, a little box comes up, saying something like "1 reply added" and gives you the option to show that person's reply.

So if you want to see that person's reply while you're still posting, you can do so without navigating away from what you're writing.

:thumbsup:

Umm tough to explain. While you're replying to a topic, if someone else makes a post in that topic, a little box comes up, saying something like "1 reply added" and gives you the option to show that person's reply. So if you want to see that person's reply while you're still posting, you can do so without navigating away from what you're writing. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a good one. We may see the end of scenarios where 3 people post the same link to some news story at the same time thanks to this one.

Edit: And I can't seem to find it. Is there a way to cancel a post that you've started writing in that reply box that appears at the bottom? Yes, I know you can just highlight and delete the whole thing, or just leave the page, but I can think of a few situations where canceling might be more helpful.

As well, if you're in the middle of posting a reply, you can "Quote" anyone's previous post and it'll simply add it in your reply.

However, you can't preserve your post while navigating to a different page within the thread (like go from page 5 to page 4). SDS, I'd assume that's not something you could change?

Related to this, can the "interests" section of a profile be limited to a few lines? Sometimes the posts take up a ton of visual space because of the poster info, even when the post itself is only a line or two.

Now that Sabre Fan in NS is apparently back, I'd like to formally back this notion...

Related to this, can the "interests" section of a profile be limited to a few lines? Sometimes the posts take up a ton of visual space because of the poster info, even when the post itself is only a line or two.

Ok, limited to just profiles.

So, other than a few issues it seems as though things are going well and everyone has adjusted?

On the Android, the mobile version seems clunky. Nothing specific, except that navigating the site on Android is difficult because the page skips around, like something is constantly loading or otherwise taking up resources. By contrast, the old site's mobile version operated as smoothly as any other mobile site. No other site I visit on my Android behaves this way.

Also, when I post something from the main site, the page will hang. I use IE9. The page hangs with "Saving post..." in the lower right hand corner.

Just happened again...I have to copy my post, refresh the page, and repost for it not to hang.

On the Android, the mobile version seems clunky. Nothing specific, except that navigating the site on Android is difficult because the page skips around, like something is constantly loading or otherwise taking up resources. By contrast, the old site's mobile version operated as smoothly as any other mobile site. No other site I visit on my Android behaves this way.

Also, when I post something from the main site, the page will hang. I use IE9. The page hangs with "Saving post..." in the lower right hand corner.

Just happened again...I have to copy my post, refresh the page, and repost for it not to hang.

visit: http://community.invisionpower.com

and let me know if the same thing happens over there.

are you doing something non-standard - like toggling the editor or something?

nope, just using the "Quote" button. The one thing I was thinking it could be is, when I press the quote button, it brings me to the quick-reply box and a green "loading bar" type deal shows at the top of my screen. Just now (for this post) it took almost a full minute for that loading bar to disappear -- so maybe if I post before the loading bar goes away, it messes up? I will try to test out this theory

I'm using Safari on OSX 10.5.8 if that helps any

It used to be that when you edited a post you could select whether or not to show edit at the end of the revised post, but I'm not seeing that any more. Can that option come back? Most times I'm fixing typos rather than changing content.

Is the little status (online/offline) icon (next to the poster's name) gone in this version of the software? Or can we bring that back?

hover over the name or look at the list at the bottom of the index page.

Archived