Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

SDS - figure anything out about my HTML-riddled posts? I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, surely someone else using this software has come across the problem before. I know it's not your fault, but it is pretty irritating when I type a 2 or 3 paragraph post only to have it to be virtually illegible :wallbash:

SDS - figure anything out about my HTML-riddled posts? I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary, surely someone else using this software has come across the problem before. I know it's not your fault, but it is pretty irritating when I type a 2 or 3 paragraph post only to have it to be virtually illegible :wallbash:

No idea. Have you tried using the full editor?

Another pet peeve of mine appears to have now been "fixed". :)

Say I've only seen posts on the first 2 pages of a 5-page thread. Now, if I come back and go to the first unread post, it will bring to the top of page 3. If I don't continue to page four right away, I can click First Unread Post again later on (or the next day, whatever) and catch up from where I left off -- the top of page 4.

Used to be that if I started reading only just Post #1 of a 5-page thread, it would count as me reading all 5 pages (however many posts are on there at a time). So I'd have to search through to find where I left off the last time I was reading the thread.

Hopefully that makes sense! It helps for if I've been avoiding a really long thread for a couple days, then I get some time to go back and read through it. I can easily take breaks from a thread and find where I left off. It's like a bookmark, I suppose.

Scott, did you intentionally change this behavior? Just curious. Really I've been curious about how much you can customize with forums like this. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Why doesn't iSpell work in the Reply box? I also don't see a "Check Spell" button, so I'm forced to copy and paste into Word to double-check my spelling.

iSpell works for me - do you have it listed under "tools", assuming you're using IEx.x?

What is still broken for me is that in IE9 I have to refresh a page before I can post. I write the post in the reply box, then will have to copy that copy and paste it in the reply box before I it will post. Otherwise the little flashing-post notifier at the top just hangs.

iSpell works for me - do you have it listed under "tools", assuming you're using IEx.x?

What is still broken for me is that in IE9 I have to refresh a page before I can post. I write the post in the reply box, then will have to copy that copy and paste it in the reply box before I it will post. Otherwise the little flashing-post notifier at the top just hangs.

Me too. Thought it was just my laptop, lol

I use Firefox and I have the "Check my spelling as I type" box checked. In every other forum that I use, it works just fine in the Reply box.

Edit: not sure if iSpell in an IE only tool, but if is, then my issue would be with Firefox's spell check not working. Still a problem either way.

I use Firefox and I have the "Check my spelling as I type" box checked. In every other forum that I use, it works just fine in the Reply box.

Edit: not sure if iSpell in an IE only tool, but if is, then my issue would be with Firefox's spell check not working. Still a problem either way.

Never noticed that before, but you're correct. I'm also running Firefox (9.0.1) and the spell check does not work in the reply box.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there an autoplay setting I've missed so I can disable the video from automatically starting when I open sabrespace.com? The video feed itself is a nice feature, but when I'm taking a little break at work I don't need the audio to start blaring. Yes, I could kill my volume before visiting the page, but who wants to always have to remember to do that?

Thanks.

The spell checker, unless I'm mistaken, is based on your browser, not the board per se. FWIW, both 'se' and 'FWIW', are underlined with the squiggly red thing right now for me, Firefox on RH Enterprise Linux 6 in the "fast reply" window as well as the full editor.

I have no idea where that setting would be though.

The spell checker, unless I'm mistaken, is based on your browser, not the board per se. FWIW, both 'se' and 'FWIW', are underlined with the squiggly red thing right now for me, Firefox on RH Enterprise Linux 6 in the "fast reply" window as well as the full editor.

I have no idea where that setting would be though.

That's what I thought, but spell check works on everything else I use. That's why I asked. Not a big deal, was just wondering if I was missing a setting somewhere.

Is there a way to change it so the little video clip on the SabreSpace page above the list of current Aud Club threads doesn't automatically begin playing?

Edit: Guess I'm not the only one: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20971-ot-videoaudio-feed-on-front-page/page__view__findpost__p__360878

Archived