Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

It used to be that when you edited a post you could select whether or not to show edit at the end of the revised post, but I'm not seeing that any more. Can that option come back? Most times I'm fixing typos rather than changing content.

I turned that off... Is that ok?

hover over the name or look at the list at the bottom of the index page.

Those are nice active options for the non-lazy (which excludes me). :doh:

No biggie. Just wondered if that icon got dropped as one of the software changes. I got used to being able to see it "in-stream" without having to go looking for it.

Those are nice active options for the non-lazy (which excludes me). :doh:

No biggie. Just wondered if that icon got dropped as one of the software changes. I got used to being able to see it "in-stream" without having to go looking for it.

This was another "feature" that caused a raging debate. The feeling was that it added no real value since this isn't a chat room - it is a message board and thus really wouldn't change your posting behavior.

This was another "feature" that caused a raging debate. The feeling was that it added no real value since this isn't a chat room - it is a message board and thus really wouldn't change your posting behavior.

I can understand that. It was more of a "is so-and-so still online while we discuss and go back-and-forth on this" thing for me. EDIT: And I realize that people can log in anonymously so even that isn't 100% accurate.

An "ignore thread" feature would be great. There are a bunch of threads that I rarely read (the fantasy hockey threads and the songs that you people cannot get out of your head come to mind), but which are popular, that seem to float to the top of my list all the time. Plus it would help me in moments of weak self-control with, say, the Lindy thread.

An "ignore thread" feature would be great. There are a bunch of threads that I rarely read (the fantasy hockey threads and the songs that you people cannot get out of your head come to mind), but which are popular, that seem to float to the top of my list all the time. Plus it would help me in moments of weak self-control with, say, the Lindy thread.

Cheater.

Cheater.

I've got to say, I get a laugh every time I see a Connolly avatar. Funny stuff replacing the generic silhouette with the Tin Man.

Saw it comin' from a mile away.

I would like to find a way to make it a blue and gold silhouette man. All I have is MS paint (and that, at work) and limited skeelz, though.

As noted in my Charts thread, it won't let me edit the original post to update the charts. Today, I tried to update the one from four days ago, but couldn't do even that. Is there a cutoff of how long after the post that you can edit it? I guess I could bump the thread every time that I post an update, but that might getting annoying to some.

I would like to find a way to make it a blue and gold silhouette man. All I have is MS paint (and that, at work) and limited skeelz, though.

Save it as a 16-color bitmap, then re-save it as 24b bitmap. Recoloring will be easy at that point (use the replace color eraser by holding the right mouse button rather than the left to turn one color into another), since there will only be at most 16 colors.

I turned that off... Is that ok?

It's not a big deal, just noticing that tag ("edited by...") on a lot more posts since the changeover and I'm guessing it's mostly people like me fixing typos. If it doesn't bother anyone else probably fine to leave as is.

Click the Members tab. He's everywhere!!!

Haha. I was confused because Eleven made his avatar the previous default, blank silhouette. So I was losing my mind thinking that an entire handful of posters all convened to manually change their avatars to the same TC thing overnight.

SDS, when you decide on the new posts icons can you return the icon that shows you posted in a thread? I probably read about 20% of the threads and ignore the rest. It was nice to have a visual indicator that you were part of a thread.

It wasn't already saved, it never asks me to save. When I go to the top to sign in, the sign in box pops up as usual and when I enter my screenname and password Firefox never asks me if I want to save them so I have to enter it every time I visit. Usually when you enter a screenname and password for a site for the first time Firefox will ask you if you want to save it. All the other sites I visit, these are all saved. The only sites I visit that don't have this option are credit card sites. So I got the impression this was website specific and not an issue with Firefox; which I can see the reasoning behind the fact that credit card sites don't allow this option. It's not that big a deal, just thught I'd point it out since you're trying to get input. I prefer saving my SC's and PW's because keystroke loggers can get this information although I do keep my comp very secure for the most part. Does that make more sense?

I'm using Firefox 8.0 if that helps. And yes, I have checked the box to 'remember me'.

So nobody else uses Firefox?

SDS, when you decide on the new posts icons can you return the icon that shows you posted in a thread? I probably read about 20% of the threads and ignore the rest. It was nice to have a visual indicator that you were part of a thread.

That is what the star is for.

Oh, I thought that was a hot topic.. Cool.. That is truly the most useful feature for me..

How does a topic become "hot"? It would make sense that it would depend on views or posts in the last 24-hour period or something,but it seems that it's just based on the total number of views? For example, the Complaint thread gets bumped up, and is labeled "hot" even though no one's posted in it in the past six days.

OK, here's one that annoys me. Every time someone votes in a poll I get the "new posts" indicator in that thread, even if there are no new posts.

*hates opening a thread with new post indicator but nothing new to read*

ditto. trying to find a away around this. It used to be a setting.

How does a topic become "hot"? It would make sense that it would depend on views or posts in the last 24-hour period or something,but it seems that it's just based on the total number of views? For example, the Complaint thread gets bumped up, and is labeled "hot" even though no one's posted in it in the past six days.

number of replies. I have it set for 500 right now. The way we utilize a few threads may make this feature obsolete.

Archived