Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

Is there a fix for this?

Try rewording the issue as it doesn't make sense as written. If it was already saved, then it is already saved. Why would you constantly have to save your login credentials?

Try rewording the issue as it doesn't make sense as written. If it was already saved, then it is already saved. Why would you constantly have to save your login credentials?

It wasn't already saved, it never asks me to save. When I go to the top to sign in, the sign in box pops up as usual and when I enter my screenname and password Firefox never asks me if I want to save them so I have to enter it every time I visit. Usually when you enter a screenname and password for a site for the first time Firefox will ask you if you want to save it. All the other sites I visit, these are all saved. The only sites I visit that don't have this option are credit card sites. So I got the impression this was website specific and not an issue with Firefox; which I can see the reasoning behind the fact that credit card sites don't allow this option. It's not that big a deal, just thught I'd point it out since you're trying to get input. I prefer saving my SC's and PW's because keystroke loggers can get this information although I do keep my comp very secure for the most part. Does that make more sense?

I'm using Firefox 8.0 if that helps. And yes, I have checked the box to 'remember me'.

It wasn't already saved, it never asks me to save. When I go to the top to sign in, the sign in box pops up as usual and when I enter my screenname and password Firefox never asks me if I want to save them so I have to enter it every time I visit. Usually when you enter a screenname and password for a site for the first time Firefox will ask you if you want to save it. All the other sites I visit, these are all saved. The only sites I visit that don't have this option are credit card sites. So I got the impression this was website specific and not an issue with Firefox; which I can see the reasoning behind the fact that credit card sites don't allow this option. It's not that big a deal, just thught I'd point it out since you're trying to get input. I prefer saving my SC's and PW's because keystroke loggers can get this information although I do keep my comp very secure for the most part. Does that make more sense?

I'm using Firefox 8.0 if that helps. And yes, I have checked the box to 'remember me'.

Do you clear out your cookies at browser close, maybe? I *never* use the Firefox password store, but the board remembers me from visit to visit. (Firefox 8.0 on Linux, BTW).

Do you clear out your cookies at browser close, maybe? I *never* use the Firefox password store, but the board remembers me from visit to visit. (Firefox 8.0 on Linux, BTW).

Thanks. I have it set up to clear cookies when I close the browser, but it doesn't clear out saved passwords. That's a separate setting in itself. Every time I start up Firefox if I visit a site that needs my SN and PW Firefox automatically fills it in. I think it might have something to do with the fact this site has it's own separate sign in box that pops up in order to sign in, which doesn't have a specific URL so Firefox has nothing to go by. I might be wrong, I probably am, lol. But it's not a big deal.

OK, here is my pet peeve with the new software. I have the same peeve with this software on a different forum. The emoticon list. When you click the smiley icon to get the emoticons to show up at the bottom of the reply window, the emoticons that show up are the least used ones. You have to click "show all" and get a separate pop up to get the emoticons that are actually used and useful. Is there a way to preference the emoticons that show up at the bottom of the page so that the most frequently used ones are displayed?

Yes there is! Who knew?

I can arrange them in any order.

I'm on the mobile site now and it looks and works fine on my blackberry

Oooookay, I'm getting a Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_ipchat_3::chatMobileLink() in (really long address) when I try to check the site from my crackberry using either my original bookmark or coming over from the TBD link to this site. Is there some sort of convoluted 'refresh' I need to hit to get it to work right there.

Note: this is posted from my laptop.

Yes there is! Who knew?

I can arrange them in any order.

Can you please make the d'oh smiley, the beer smiley, and the woot smiley the top 3? Those are the ONLY ones that are more than 2 characters that I ever use. :worthy: :wallbash: :doh:

And 1 final comment, can we get back to where the 'full editor' to reply to a post is the default option? Sorry if any of my 3 comments here have been posted before. I read about 75% of the posts and hadn't seen them addressed elsewhere.

PS - what's the deal with the little green box w/ 3 white/gray boxes moving left to right while I'm in the editor?

Oooookay, I'm getting a Fatal error: Call to undefined method skin_ipchat_3::chatMobileLink() in (really long address) when I try to check the site from my crackberry using either my original bookmark or coming over from the TBD link to this site. Is there some sort of convoluted 'refresh' I need to hit to get it to work right there.

Note: this is posted from my laptop.

yeah, the mobile skin is causing issues that I just found out. This is what happened to me on install day, but didn't narrow it down to the mobile skin.

And 1 final comment, can we get back to where the 'full editor' to reply to a post is the default option? Sorry if any of my 3 comments here have been posted before. I read about 75% of the posts and hadn't seen them addressed elsewhere.

PS - what's the deal with the little green box w/ 3 white/gray boxes moving left to right while I'm in the editor?

I don't think so. I don;t see one anywhere.

How about a screen shot? I don't see that.

I don't think so. I don;t see one anywhere. How about a screen shot? I don't see that.

I clipped a screen shot, but am having issues with pasting it into a post. It's not a critical item by any means, I was just curious as to where there's a small green 'working' bar at the top of this window for ~10 seconds when entering the 'quoting screen.'

I clipped a screen shot, but am having issues with pasting it into a post. It's not a critical item by any means, I was just curious as to where there's a small green 'working' bar at the top of this window for ~10 seconds when entering the 'quoting screen.'

It is there.... However for me only for about a second as it posts the quote into the reply screen. I am guessing this has to do with ur computer performance and not the board... sometimes it is so quick that the white dots dont even appear for me.

I was confused at first when you mentioned that. It's just the 'loading' indicator kind of thing I think.

Just figured it out -- the 'Full Editor' on its own separate page appears if you click "More Reply Options"

Much better - maybe reverse the position of the report - multiquote-quote buttons?

Make the order from left to right quote - multiquote - report.

I second this; like others, I've gone for the report button instinctively because I was used to looking for "reply".

Archived