Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

Is there an autoplay setting I've missed so I can disable the video from automatically starting when I open sabrespace.com? The video feed itself is a nice feature, but when I'm taking a little break at work I don't need the audio to start blaring. Yes, I could kill my volume before visiting the page, but who wants to always have to remember to do that?

Thanks.

This has been driving me nuts since implemented. :wallbash:

The audio should not play unless you mouse over the video itself.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup: . I didn't realize I was partially causing my annoyance. I'll avoid moving the mouse anywhere near it.

This has been driving me nuts since implemented. :wallbash:

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup: . I didn't realize I was partially causing my annoyance. I'll avoid moving the mouse anywhere near it.

Maybe I should post a note.

Maybe I should post a note.

This does not work for me. Video (and audio) immediately start playing when I load the page -- and my mouse is nowhere near the video. I'm on Firefox on a PC at work, and on a Mac at home -- no difference.

Is there a way to change it so the little video clip on the SabreSpace page above the list of current Aud Club threads doesn't automatically begin playing?

Edit: Guess I'm not the only one: http://forums.sabres...post__p__360878

Mine starts to play automatically as well. But this isn't the only site this happens. Also on ESPN.com which becomes really annoying if I'm listening to WGR post game and browsing scores on ESPN. But yeah, the audio doesn't play on this site though. Thanks for the tip SDS.

This

is it just the ad that has the audio or is it the highlights also?

I was just told they were having audio issues with the ads, but not the clips. Is it a specific ad that the audio starts plying on?

I was just told they were having audio issues with the ads, but not the clips. Is it a specific ad that the audio starts plying on?

It's not an ad at all; the NHL video feed immediately starts playing, with audio. And my mouse is nowhere near it. Somebody else mentioned ESPN doing the same thing, but the difference there is you can set your autoplay settings to "off" and a cookie is saved.

It's not an ad at all; the NHL video feed immediately starts playing, with audio. And my mouse is nowhere near it. Somebody else mentioned ESPN doing the same thing, but the difference there is you can set your autoplay settings to "off" and a cookie is saved.

An ad is played before the clips. As I stated previously, I was told that they had an issue with the ad sound being on automatically. However, once the real clips play - there should be no sound unless at some point you hovered over the box. Are you suggesting upon loading the page that no ad is played in that box?

Highlights also - just re-tested it. The Extra gum ad was the one that just came on.

Ok, this highlight company is working on some issues. In the meantime, they have switched us to "click to play".

If you like this feature - and I think it is pretty good. Please "click to play" if you want to keep it!

Ok, this highlight company is working on some issues. In the meantime, they have switched us to "click to play".

If you like this feature - and I think it is pretty good. Please "click to play" if you want to keep it!

It's funny that you mention this now because today for the first time ever I had the audio on those highlights start up automatically on me.

It's funny that you mention this now because today for the first time ever I had the audio on those highlights start up automatically on me.

Well, there was some funny business about the company starting to make ads autoplay with sound on and I told them I didn't want any part of it. I understand their need to make money, but aggravating people isn't the way to do it. Click to play is perfect IMO because those who want to watch will watch. In fact, I'll make it the size of the articles if it were.

Well, there was some funny business about the company starting to make ads autoplay with sound on and I told them I didn't want any part of it. I understand their need to make money, but aggravating people isn't the way to do it. Click to play is perfect IMO because those who want to watch will watch. In fact, I'll make it the size of the articles if it were.

The change must have gone through within the past hour or so because like you said, it's now click to play for me. Crazy timing I guess.

So, the question is - do you actually watch those clips?

Assuming you're surveying the general SS populace: I generally don't watch them. I try to turn it off as soon as it comes on, actually (I realize this is not presently a problem in light of the steps you took today). I also don't mind them, either, although I do prefer opting in rather than out when it comes to playing the clips.

Archived