Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

I know this change is rather large visually. Some won't like it, hopefully it will grow on you. Our old version was just that - old. Security fixes, bug fixes, mods, etc... were no longer being issued, so this is the path forward.

Ask your questions here. I'll do my best to provide answers.

Thanks!

I don't see a spot to change the posts per page?

Well, I don't either. The big, BIG controversy in this version is they dropped a bunch of stuff under the umbrella of "we know what is best for you...". It didn't go over well, but they are sticking to their guns. Notice is there isn't a 2nd line for topics anymore. (I have to add a mod to show them again because there was a lot of relevant info on those lines).

OK, here is my pet peeve with the new software. I have the same peeve with this software on a different forum. The emoticon list. When you click the smiley icon to get the emoticons to show up at the bottom of the reply window, the emoticons that show up are the least used ones. You have to click "show all" and get a separate pop up to get the emoticons that are actually used and useful. Is there a way to preference the emoticons that show up at the bottom of the page so that the most frequently used ones are displayed?

OK, here is my pet peeve with the new software. I have the same peeve with this software on a different forum. The emoticon list. When you click the smiley icon to get the emoticons to show up at the bottom of the reply window, the emoticons that show up are the least used ones. You have to click "show all" and get a separate pop up to get the emoticons that are actually used and useful. Is there a way to preference the emoticons that show up at the bottom of the page so that the most frequently used ones are displayed?

I don't think so. Typing the shortcut codes is your best solution.

: lol :

etc...

Any way to change the background color to grey? Burns the eyes.

What I like about the other setup is the compact information. Now everything is spread out a bit and it doesn't make for quick processing of information. Ever notice how the Wall St Journal is compact and black and white?

Good news for you guys, I probably won't scan or comment as often as this format is much less friendly for a "pop-in".

Archived