Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

An ad is played before the clips. As I stated previously, I was told that they had an issue with the ad sound being on automatically. However, once the real clips play - there should be no sound unless at some point you hovered over the box. Are you suggesting upon loading the page that no ad is played in that box?

Sorry, hadn't visited the thread and realized I never answered this. There was no ad for me -- the highlight clips would immediately begin playing, with sound. The click to play is excellent.

• 5 months later...

So is there a setting for spell check that I may have missed? Or is it still not available? I've got Firefox 9.0 and IE 9 and neither one gives me spell check, but are available in every other forum I post on.

The spell checker, unless I'm mistaken, is based on your browser, not the board per se. FWIW, both 'se' and 'FWIW', are underlined with the squiggly red thing right now for me, Firefox on RH Enterprise Linux 6 in the "fast reply" window as well as the full editor.

I have no idea where that setting would be though.

A couple of updates by Firefox and I've got it back!

I had it for a while too. Seems to have disappeared with Firefox 13.

My bad, I did have 14. I thought the latest was 13, so I did have the latest, just the wrong number. :doh:

It'd be easier if FF hadn't lost the plot. New version number every F'N six months with almost no support for old releases? F'Rs.

It'd be easier if FF hadn't lost the plot. New version number every F'N six months with almost no support for old releases? F'Rs.

Yeah, I'm getting kinda tired of all my add-ons not being compatible with every new version. Would be nice if they finally came up with a nice stable version.

Archived