Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

Edit: Also, it looks like maybe we no longer have the option to have a separate profile pic and avatar... is that correct, or am I missing where you change them separately?

Correct. This was a big deal among customers. They had screwed the photo/avatar up so badly previously that they just said to hell with it and made only one available.

Like how clean the page is, but not a fan of how much space the poster info takes up relative to the text of the post itself (i.e. much more scrolling required to see the same number of posts at a time).

The difference isn't much...

Screen shot 2011-12-05 at 12.33.58 AM.png

Screen shot 2011-12-05 at 12.34.09 AM.png

Looking much better! Performance more stable and way less choppy in IE9 using compatability mode (which is normal). I wonder if you were doing your updates while I was performance testing and that caused the issues I saw.

Figured out the mobile issues:

The link "use mobile version" or whatever it is doesn't link to the mobile site or theme.

Also, the site doesn't auto-detect for the (at least my version) Droid browser.

Is there a way to block the avatars? I had it as my option previously but they are now back. Prefer to not have the pictures, as some are inappropriate for work.

Sadly, another feature they took out that enraged customers. I went off on them for this one. Their snarky remark was to post a screen shot of turning off images in your browser. Talk about asking for a punch in the face. I'll see if anyone has a workaround yet.

I like the look of the mobile version, but for whatever reason, I couldn't find any spot to click to log in. I'm using a brand new phone as of this week, so I hadn't logged into the site on it yet. I'm sure I'll find it the next time I take a good look around on the phone though. It has to be there somewhere.

I like the look of the mobile version, but for whatever reason, I couldn't find any spot to click to log in. I'm using a brand new phone as of this week, so I hadn't logged into the site on it yet. I'm sure I'll find it the next time I take a good look around on the phone though. It has to be there somewhere.

Little squares in top right.

I'm not sure what people use to browse the forums on their phones, but I recommend IPB's mobile app.

http://www.invisionpower.com/suite/iphone

their android app is still in beta.

Hey, I just noticed as my mouse scrolled over chz's sig that a little "X" pops up that you can click to ignore either an individual's signature or ignore all signatures. That's pretty cool. Our fearless leader seems to be immune from it though.

haha, nice catch. I didn't know that and I have no idea why I would be exempt. However, I was going to ask about signatures. Mainly, what is a reasonable number of lines to limit them to and should people be allowed to place links in them (and if so, how many?). These are configuration options I can set.

Correct. This was a big deal among customers. They had screwed the photo/avatar up so badly previously that they just said to hell with it and made only one available.

Bummer. Guess I'll stick with the caffeinated test tube!

The difference isn't much...

post-1-0-14441500-1323063740_thumb.png

post-1-0-84140100-1323063736_thumb.png

Hmm, I guess you're right... maybe an optical illusion or something due to the brighter background? The new version just looks huge to me.

I think that 5-10 lines is good. I dont think anyone would need anymore than two or three links.

haha, nice catch. I didn't know that and I have no idea why I would be exempt. However, I was going to ask about signatures. Mainly, what is a reasonable number of lines to limit them to and should people be allowed to place links in them (and if so, how many?). These are configuration options I can set.

Related to this, can the "interests" section of a profile be limited to a few lines? Sometimes the posts take up a ton of visual space because of the poster info, even when the post itself is only a line or two.

Archived