Software Upgrade: Your place to comment....

SDS

Blue star on the front thread list page.

Also, now on the bottom of last thread post is "Next unread topic"

I see the blue star for threads where I've posted and there is a new unread post, but not for threads where I haven't posted... :unsure:

Edit: looks like the blue circle works for those threads, but in either case it's only "active" when there are new posts and not if I'm just revisiting one I've already read without new content. Definitely a start, though!

I see the blue star for threads where I've posted and there is a new unread post, but not for threads where I haven't posted... :unsure:

Edit: looks like the blue circle works for those threads, but in either case it's only "active" when there are new posts and not if I'm just revisiting one I've already read without new content. Definitely a start, though!

Click on the time stamp of the last post on the far right column.

Can I put a "Please" out there to all? Please put up a profile pick? it doesn't have to be of you but it would def be better than "shadow man".

If you can't find one I can find one that fits you. With ur approval of course.

I could also find an alternative default image.

Is there a way in the mobile version to get a fresh version of the board index from the bottom of any particular thread? There used to be a "back to top" link, then I could click "back to The Aud Club" which would then show the board index with the thread I was just in marked as read, but the "back to top" link at the bottom of each thread is gone now. (I could hit the back arrow, then "refresh" but I still have to manually scroll all the way to the top to find the refresh button in Safari on my iPhone...)

Is there a way in the mobile version to get a fresh version of the board index from the bottom of any particular thread? There used to be a "back to top" link, then I could click "back to The Aud Club" which would then show the board index with the thread I was just in marked as read, but the "back to top" link at the bottom of each thread is gone now. (I could hit the back arrow, then "refresh" but I still have to manually scroll all the way to the top to find the refresh button in Safari on my iPhone...)

I am missing this feature as well - scrolling back to the top of a 40 post page is a PITA.

Well, on an iPhone just touch the top bar and that auto scrolls to the top

Something is not right with the standard browser edition - at least on IE 9. I'm not sure what it is and I'm too tired to look through the source, but it has nothing to do with the layout and aesthetics, but instead it has to do with performance. The page doesn't scroll smoothly, and icons are jumpy - just choppy performance overall. Probably something to do with a JS task? Not sure. May be the reason why on my Droid X the cursor jumps around when trying to type in sentences.

Getting this error (I did not initiate Strike Through on this line):

HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag (‘IE=EmulateIE8′) ignored because document mode is already finalized.

You're trying to force IE8 mode and it's not working. Also, the above Strike Through, in case you can't tell, was NOT initiated by me. It only stopped after I pasted in the error line.

EDIT: Also, the color tag was not present when I pasted the error code and submitted the post.

IE8 mode (sort of) fixes the performance issues mentioned above. See below for possible solution:

"There is also another alternative way which I preferred and works for me even with my WordPress projects hosted on Linux box:

IF WINDOWS:

Add following to your web.config:

IF LINUX:

Add this to .htaccess file:

BrowserMatch MSIE best-standards-support

Header set X-UA-Compatible IE=8 env=best-standards-support"

Woah, IE8 throws some big JS errors:

No relay set (used as window.postMessage targetOrigin), cannot send cross-domain message

HTML1114: Codepage unicode from (UNICODE byte order mark) overrides conflicting codepage windows-1252 from (11)

page__st__40

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property 'save': object is null or undefined

ckeditor.js, line 137 character 172

The IE 8 page crashed. Had to close the browser to recover.

Archived