GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 11/14/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

Mike Harrington is saying on Twitter that the lines and D pairings are unchanged. Sounds like Weber still sits.

Well thats good... I mean our puck moving, couldn't check a form, lets people destroy their goaltender defense had nothing to do with the loss on Saturday... not like we need Weber... :wallbash:

Well thats good... I mean our puck moving, couldn't check a form, lets people destroy their goaltender defense had nothing to do with the loss on Saturday... not like we need Weber... :wallbash:

haha real subtle :clapping:

I don't care if Montreal is weaker or softer than us. We need to be more physical against EVERYONE. I've seen one or two games where we were great physically...most others, not so much.

The D needs a shot of something in the arm, and whether it's someone sitting for Weber to come in, or a lashing and beating from Lindy upside the head, they have been horrible and need change. It's almost like defense wasn't the focus of any Buffalo team this past weekend :ph34r:

Myers a healthy scratch per WGR.

PRAISE THE DALI-LAMA! His head is not in the right place and I still think this kid will be great, but damn this season has been rough for him. Hopefully he can watch the game and learn a little. 60 mminutes seeing and hearing what the team does right and wrong should help him... not to mention maybe we will get flyers playoff series Myers back. If Myers gets rolling and fired up, I have a suspicion that the rest of the def will follow.

With Weber going in (assumuption) something else is going to thicken around here...

:unsure:

Boy, that didn't take long. And it was a bit more than thickening.

:w00t:

For some reason I just read that post in the lispy voice of Bryan Murray.

:sick:

Well done everyone.

Myers a healthy scratch per WGR.

Wow. He really crapped the bed vs the Bruins, but still. That is a major development.

I'll be interested to see how the "leadership" group on the Sabres responds tonight.

As for the D, are we looking at:

Regehr-Leopold

MAG-Ehrhoff

Reggie-Weber?

Agree the Myers decision is a good one.

Anyone else think that Myers plays with too much weight of high expectation? High expectations after his rookie year and it took him most of the season to hit stride. Now it's the weight of his big contract and the expectation that creates and he's back to struggling again.

Let him see the game from up high. Let him miss the game a little.

GO SABRES!!!

Wow. He really crapped the bed vs the Bruins, but still. That is a major development.

I'll be interested to see how the "leadership" group on the Sabres responds tonight.

As for the D, are we looking at:

Regehr-Leopold

MAG-Ehrhoff

Reggie-Weber?

He's been crapping the bed for several games now. Hard to believe he's only a minus 3 on the season. He must be padding the stats against the weaker teams. The last game was what - 3 games where he was a minus 3?

Agree the Myers decision is a good one.

Anyone else think that Myers plays with too much weight of high expectation? High expectations after his rookie year and it took him most of the season to hit stride. Now it's the weight of his big contract and the expectation that creates and he's back to struggling again.

Let him see the game from up high. Let him miss the game a little.

GO SABRES!!!

I think it would serve him well if he got back to what he was doing his rookie year, he was very aggressive with the puck and looked to rush the puck first, pass econd. Players backed off when they saw this huge kid grab the puck and start to get going. Now he seems to be hesitant. Not sure if it is because of what Lindy tells him or if it is on his own.

I would like to see Myers start to get more physical. I think if he goes that route, his offense will start to open up.

I fully expect him to drive Paul Hamilton into the wall after Hamilton cuts him in the buffet line of the Montreal pressbox.

Edit: I have no firshand knowledge of Hamilton being a serial buffet line cutter.

I think it'll be good for him just to step back and watch other guys play they game. Particularly Hal Gill. Make fun of the guy all you want, but Myers could benefit from watching him play.

Perspective can help in times like this. We all know he knows he's capable of better.

He's been crapping the bed for several games now. Hard to believe he's only a minus 3 on the season. He must be padding the stats against the weaker teams. The last game was what - 3 games where he was a minus 3?

Yeah, he's been horrible against the better teams. He certainly deserves a night off. The only area where I think Myers excels game-in-game-out is penalty killing. His long reach on the PK is a big advantage.

I think it would serve him well if he got back to what he was doing his rookie year, he was very aggressive with the puck and looked to rush the puck first, pass econd. Players backed off when they saw this huge kid grab the puck and start to get going. Now he seems to be hesitant. Not sure if it is because of what Lindy tells him or if it is on his own.

Teams are backing off him to pick his passes in the neutral zone. Needs to be making a lot more D to D passes rather than forcing play up ice. Hiccups.

Archived