GDT: Sabres at Canadiens 11/14/11 7:00PM

spndnchz

I fully expect him to drive Paul Hamilton into the wall after Hamilton cuts him in the buffet line of the Montreal pressbox.

Edit: I have no firshand knowledge of Hamilton being a serial buffet line cutter.

I would expect Myers to drop his plate on the ground and have Gaustad apologize for it. As Hamilton makes off with the last of the Chicken Tenders.

That is a nice article...and I especially liked the intro lol!

I know you really can't beat this quote. "Heaven help you if you shape your opinions based on the moronic blathering of these two attention-craving doorknobs, who took time out of their combined 2,313 NHL penalty minutes to score 59 goals."

I know you really can't beat this quote. "Heaven help you if you shape your opinions based on the moronic blathering of these two attention-craving doorknobs, who took time out of their combined 2,313 NHL penalty minutes to score 59 goals."

As soon as I read that, I knew it was going to be a great article lol

I just hope the Sabres don't go overboard the OTHER way and try and change their image by hitting everything that moves in a reckless fashion. Certainly they have to stand their ground and stand up for each other as a team but the game is in Montreal and the refs are already on alert that this could be ugly and it always appears the Habs are good for a couple "mystery" penalties in their favor.

Play the game hard, give what you get and do what you have to do given the situation but don't go out and try and 'save face' as if going off half-cocked is going to change anyone's opinion of you now. Play within yourselves. What happened Saturday is over. Don't forget it, learn and grow from it.

I just hope the Sabres don't go overboard the OTHER way and try and change their image by hitting everything that moves in a reckless fashion. Certainly they have to stand their ground and stand up for each other as a team but the game is in Montreal and the refs are already on alert that this could be ugly and it always appears the Habs are good for a couple "mystery" penalties in their favor.

Play the game hard, give what you get and do what you have to do given the situation but don't go out and try and 'save face' as if going off half-cocked is going to change anyone's opinion of you now. Play within yourselves. What happened Saturday is over. Don't forget it, learn and grow from it.

Good post.

Glad Weber is back in, but I'd rather see Sekera sit. Myers has not played well, but I think part of the issue is having been paired up with Sekera. Speaking of the latter, I cannot forgive his first response (or lack of) on Saturday. He has a chance to show something and failed miserably. I know he plays fairly unemotional, but if the cheapshot on Saturday doesn't light a fire under you, then what will?!?!

Glad Weber is back in, but I'd rather see Sekera sit. Myers has not played well, but I think part of the issue is having been paired up with Sekera. Speaking of the latter, I cannot forgive his first response (or lack of) on Saturday. He has a chance to show something and failed miserably. I know he plays fairly unemotional, but if the cheapshot on Saturday doesn't light a fire under you, then what will?!?!

Perhaps being a healthy scratch.

Looking at the schedule, the Sabres don't play another high-end team until the Bruins on Nov. 23. Even if they play a more physical game between now and then, I really don't care unless and until they show up against Boston, Philly, Washington, etc.

As far as that goes, it's fair to say that the Sabres have had 2 real tests this season: Philly and Boston -- not coincidentally, the teams that eliminated them from the playoffs in the past 2 years. They failed both of those tests in atrocious fashion -- and the 2nd one was much worse than the first.

This team has a long way to go before we can start thinking of them as contenders.

Looking at the schedule, the Sabres don't play another high-end team until the Bruins on Nov. 23. Even if they play a more physical game between now and then, I really don't care unless and until they show up against Boston, Philly, Washington, etc.

As far as that goes, it's fair to say that the Sabres have had 2 real tests this season: Philly and Boston -- not coincidentally, the teams that eliminated them from the playoffs in the past 2 years. They failed both of those tests in atrocious fashion -- and the 2nd one was much worse than the first.

This team has a long way to go before we can start thinking of them as contenders.

I could not agree more.

I'm not saying we are or not contenders because in my opinion any team that makes the playoffs has a shot at the cup. But even without Crosby and Malkin, the Penguins are a pretty dangerous team which we beat. I still think the Ducks and Kings are also legit wins (even if L.A. is currently underachieving). Again, not saying we're a high end hockey club at the moment but two losses does not change my opinion on things.

I'm not saying we are or not contenders because in my opinion any team that makes the playoffs has a shot at the cup. But even without Crosby and Malkin, the Penguins are a pretty dangerous team which we beat. I still think the Ducks and Kings are also legit wins (even if L.A. is currently underachieving). Again, not saying we're a high end hockey club at the moment but two losses does not change my opinion on things.

You're right that the Pittsburgh win was a very good win. But when you play the team that knocked you out last year, and the team that won the Cup last year and knocked you out the year before, you're supposed to show up strong. It's OK if you lose but you have to look like you belong on the ice with the other team and that you're determined to win. The Sabres didn't show up at all for the Philly game (I know they got back into the game, but it was a day late and a dollar short). They showed up for the Boston game, but when the going got rough they acted like they wanted to go home and hide under the bed.

I disagree with the part I bolded. I do care, quite a bit in fact, that the Sabres beat up on the lower 50% of the league. Even the true contenders make the majority of their hay against substandard teams.

I disagree with the part I bolded. I do care, quite a bit in fact, that the Sabres beat up on the lower 50% of the league. Even the true contenders make the majority of their hay against substandard teams.

You're missing the point. Beating the bottom feeders doesn't do us any good if we can't beat the good teams in the playoffs. Beating playoff teams in-season is much more important than racking up points against the dregs. Doing that would just make us...the Washington Capitals, actually.

Myers DESERVE to be a healty scratch tonight and put weber in cause last game against montreal myers was absolutely HORRIBLE he did at least 3 turnovers eveytime he was touching the puck something bad was happening and it was also that night that miller was excellent and bail #57 butt. I don't know if this team will play with passion but it will probably end 2-1 or 3-2 buffalo

Quoted for truth.

I am very excited for Weber to be playing. I am desperate for some physicality and stay at home crease clearers on the back end.

You are right about this. My point was simply that I won't be impressed by wins or physical play against these lesser opponents. I need to see the Sabres answer the bell when they play a good team -- especially the teams that knocked them out of the playoffs -- ie when they should be loaded for bear.

Archived