Will PASabresFan return?

nfreeman

Will he or won't he?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. OK, so everyone who's been here for longer than a cup of coffee knows about PAFan's self-imposed exile. With the season finally here, and looking very promising, will he return and start posting again?

• Yes
    • No

He will be back at the first hint of a problem with the sabres imo

Agreed.......... all of the good things going on for the Sabres has probably rocked his world........ :beer:

He had some very good insight, but it was always clouded with negativity, IMO.

i think hes lurking as a new poster

This is the scenario I believe is happening. What better way to get into the conversation without having old adversaries shooting down your opinions with jaundiced opinions of their own just because they don't like you.

This is the scenario I believe is happening. What better way to get into the conversation without having old adversaries shooting down your opinions with jaundiced opinions of their own just because they don't like you.

His posts would give him away. You can only post about Miller/Ruff sucking so many times before you're figured out.

Honestly, I enjoyed his points of view. I seldom agreed with them, but he was always fairly polite and never really got bent out of shape when someone would challenge his views. He also welcomed newbs (except for that one time when he referred to me as "coming out of the woodworks, that ######)...

How boring would this place be if we all agreed all the time??

I hope PA comes back. He was fun. Y'all sound like a bunch of sad old men. Lighten up. It's hockey for Crosschecking's sake. There is and always has been an ebb and flow to the board. I think there have been some great additions as of late.

And Shrader, I like those exchanges between people with common histories. Not being in Buffalo it gives me a sense of hometowniness. You could easily have those Maine and BU hockey convos in PMs. They don't really mean that much to me but I still find them interesting and think that they add to the board.

Also, had Pegula not showed up to revive the Sabres, would the Lindy conversation not be a valid one?

Also, had Pegula not showed up to revive the Sabres, would the Lindy conversation not be a valid one?

I think it certainly would. Who knows, if someone else had bought the team instead, maybe Darcy and Lindy are already gone. I, for one, am glad we get to see what they can do under a more flexible budget, but I don't think PA was a lunatic for having concerns over Lindy.

I'm old and I liked PA. :rolleyes:

You must be one of those rare happy old men.

I also want to say that Ghost (sorry, I just refuse to call him GoDD) needs to post more.

The start of the season will definitely cure a lot of these ails.

PA, if you're lurking, stay away. This season is going great, and to learn of your disappearance only adds to the glee of getting this season off to a fresh, exciting, and positive start. Just my opinion.

We heard you the first time. :rolleyes:

He's a good guy. I don't miss him telling me whether a building that he's never been to is loud or not, but we had agreed to put that one to rest, anyway. I think some things were getting to him and he needed to go into a different direction.

I'm not going to predict whether he comes back or not.

His "this day in Sabres history" series, from back in the day, will always be one of the great contributions to the board.

I don't recall him being so down on the Sabres that I would consider him part of "team stormcloud" or whatever you kids are calling it, either. Or you, Ink, for that matter. There's one true pessimist on this board and I know that he's happy when the Sabres win.

PA, if you're lurking, stay away. This season is going great, and to learn of your disappearance only adds to the glee of getting this season off to a fresh, exciting, and positive start. Just my opinion.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but this seems unnecessarily hostile. Did he ever (verbally) attack you?

Agreed.......... all of the good things going on for the Sabres has probably rocked his world........ :beer:

He had some very good insight, but it was always clouded with negativity, IMO.

That wasn't always the case. Other than his ongoing issues with the crowd noise like 11 mentioned and his hatred of the media, he was always pretty level headed. Something changed though in the last season or two. He suddenly became a caricature with the whole "attack every single thing Lindy does" rants. Something wasn't right there.

And Shrader, I like those exchanges between people with common histories. Not being in Buffalo it gives me a sense of hometowniness. You could easily have those Maine and BU hockey convos in PMs. They don't really mean that much to me but I still find them interesting and think that they add to the board.

I tried to keep those out most of the time. I'd hope that most of the time they were at least related to the discussion at hand. I'll never figure out how a "hey, I went to St. Francis too" comment would fit into a conversation about Ruff's reluctance to use his backup goalies.

That wasn't always the case. Other than his ongoing issues with the crowd noise like 11 mentioned and his hatred of the media, he was always pretty level headed. Something changed though in the last season or two. He suddenly became a caricature with the whole "attack every single thing Lindy does" rants. Something wasn't right there.

For a long time, he added a great deal to this board. He was definitely a Sabres' fan to the core but tried to keep his fanhood out of his interpretation of events. He often took the contrarian view of events (relative to the majority here) but was rarely confrontational about it and spurred very good discussions.

He also could be counted on to welcome opposing fans to the board and to maintain an open-mind towards newbies' input far more than some here. This, IMHO, tended to bring more quality alternative views to the board than we'd've had w/out his presence.

Unfortunately, he did seem to get caught up in the contrarianist portions of the persona we'd come to know as PASabresFan in the last few months before his rant against Fearless Leader.

If the guy that posted here after the lockout were to come back, it would immensely increase the quality of the discussions here immediately. Reading a thread w/ the old PA, X, Weave, and a few others would be a treat.

If the one that was dropping f-bombs before being asked to sit in the box for a few is the one we'd get back, I'm in no rush to see him return. Contrarianness (is that a real word?) simply for the sake of being a contrarian isn't inherently entertaining nor informative and gets old real quick.

This was my vote as well.

Personally, I don't think he will. He's around the twitter-verse but I'm not sure we'll see him back here. Maybe he's okay without this place. Maybe the Docs like where his blood pressure has leveled out. Who knows.

Can I ask - and are you allowed to say here - what his twitter user is?

• 7 months later...

PA, I hope you are not dead.

If you are out there lurking, shame on you, you're better than that.

If you are dead, I didn't do it. I was in Afghan from Feb 11 - Feb 12.

If anyone's in contact with him on facebook/twitter/myspace, tell him this place isn't the same without him and I hope he comes back.

:lol: Hank, are you trying to catch up on 15 months of threads? Maybe someone can summarize for you.

Here's a start... Pegula buys the Sabres. The crowd goes wild! The Sabres squeak into the playoffs by the paddle of Ethron. In Jhonas we trust! The Flyers outplay the Sabres, but somehow barely beat them in 7 games. The Sabres suck! ...........

That's pretty much the issue. Sabrespace was our little santuary where all the static and nonsense could be avoided (minus the occasional DeLuca or PA rant, which I never minded). The amount of endless squawking and pontificating about tired old impossible screnarios is undesireable to say the least. I don't mind some of the newbs, different opinions are more than welcome. It's the somewhat beligerent and obnoxious fashion in which they are conveyed that is grating. Maybe I'm just getting old...

PA and I were the original brothers-in-grump...

I would concur wholeheartedly. I'm sure I'm not missed much, but I miss a lot of what I came here for.

Just realized how old this thread was, sorry and carry on.

Archived