Will PASabresFan return?

nfreeman

Will he or won't he?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. OK, so everyone who's been here for longer than a cup of coffee knows about PAFan's self-imposed exile. With the season finally here, and looking very promising, will he return and start posting again?

• Yes
    • No

hmmm... have you addressed them?

Well, there are a few kids who talk too much (and in a texting/babbling fashion), but there's always some percentage of noise -- especially during the offseason, when the "trade Hecht for Malkin" proposals are released. There's still plenty of good hockey talk (XB has really been bringing it lately, among others), and I expect more now that the actual games have started.

Were you referring to a different issue?

That's pretty much the issue. Sabrespace was our little santuary where all the static and nonsense could be avoided (minus the occasional DeLuca or PA rant, which I never minded). The amount of endless squawking and pontificating about tired old impossible screnarios is undesireable to say the least. I don't mind some of the newbs, different opinions are more than welcome. It's the somewhat beligerent and obnoxious fashion in which they are conveyed that is grating. Maybe I'm just getting old...

PA and I were the original brothers-in-grump...

I took a break during the offseason...why'd he leave?

Not sure. I think he was warned for the content of his posts. Nothing terrible IIRC.

I think it's covered in the Community Musings thread... I missed it at the time, but the short version is that sometime early in the playoffs (the Philly series) he told Scott to F-off, was banned for a week, and elected not to return.

Edit: here it is (the discussion, not the original exchange).

He's outside your house right now.

Outstanding.

Yup. Just a reminder people. This is not facebook. We don't need to read every thought in your head. As someone who reads absolutely every post in every thread (the more you suffer the more it shows you really care) it gets old quick and distracts from the wonderful, intuitive and banter-ous posts.

Well said (although I kinda feel the same way about FB too).

I think your question answers itself, at least in the short term. If PA were ever to return it certainly wouldn't be at a time like now when things look promising! I don't think even the master that is PA could have spun barbs Miller or Ruff's way after the first two games.

Seriously though, I made no secret that I was tired of his schtick and crusade against Ruff and Miller, but it's clear that some posters found that kind of stuff refreshing and entertaining day in and day out. To each his own. Judging just by the fact that there is a thread dedicated to him and many long time respected posters wishing he'd return I'd say it would be better for the forum to have him back, but I don't think he will return after this long.

Yup. Just a reminder people. This is not facebook. We don't need to read every thought in your head. As someone who reads absolutely every post in every thread (the more you suffer the more it shows you really care) it gets old quick and distracts from the wonderful, intuitive and banter-ous posts.

What is facebook?

I think it's covered in the Community Musings thread... I missed it at the time, but the short version is that sometime early in the playoffs (the Philly series) he told Scott to F-off, was banned for a week, and elected not to return.

Edit: here it is (the discussion, not the original exchange).

Ahh, I see. So it's a pride thing. Those old codgers like to cling to their pride. Hope he gets over it, because every board needs a contrarian or two.

I voted no. I'd like him to come back, but I don't think he will. Not after being gone for 6 months...seems like he is gone for good. That being said, he left when the season ended, and now the 11-12 season just started...maybe?

I have also gone on a hiatus from a posting here(usually in the off-season), but always come back after a month or two.

Well, there are a few kids who talk too much (and in a texting/babbling fashion), but there's always some percentage of noise -- especially during the offseason, when the "trade Hecht for Malkin" proposals are released. There's still plenty of good hockey talk (XB has really been bringing it lately, among others), and I expect more now that the actual games have started.

Were you referring to a different issue?

Yep.

Note:

There is a chatroom here for quick convos

And there's also this crazy little feature known as private messages. My personal favorite is always when people say something like "You went to North Tonawanda? So did I! Do you know Mike Robinson, class of '84?"

Bearing in mind there are so many questions, so few answers, so little is known at this point (regarding the Sabres) that forums boards tend to go a bit dead this time of the season. If he really wanted to talk about the difference of opinion he would. People normally leave bored because they are bored of the same discussion over and over again, at least in my experience.

As has been stated tho, if he can survive a week, he'll be gone for years.

That's pretty much the issue. Sabrespace was our little santuary where all the static and nonsense could be avoided (minus the occasional DeLuca or PA rant, which I never minded). The amount of endless squawking and pontificating about tired old impossible screnarios is undesireable to say the least. I don't mind some of the newbs, different opinions are more than welcome. It's the somewhat beligerent and obnoxious fashion in which they are conveyed that is grating. Maybe I'm just getting old...

PA and I were the original brothers-in-grump...

Not sure if it's what you're talking about, but i'd classify this board as used to be one of the toughest to get on as a regular because of the high volume of intelligent posters. I think of myself as a pretty knowledgeable person, but always a student of the game, and when ever i'd visit this forum, i felt like i learned. Not anymore. Each topic gets sidetracked by nonsense. And i don't believe a forum would be all hockey-serious, but many of the game threads and serious hockey topics get cluttered with BS that it's not even worth reading the whole thread sometimes. Just my opinion.

Archived