Will PASabresFan return?

nfreeman

Will he or won't he?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. OK, so everyone who's been here for longer than a cup of coffee knows about PAFan's self-imposed exile. With the season finally here, and looking very promising, will he return and start posting again?

• Yes
    • No

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: I miss him. While plenty of us argued with him (I certainly did), I don't think anyone could dispute that he's a huge Sabres fan. I think he had 10K+ posts! He was also pretty funny. Yes, he often beat the anti-Lindy and anti-Miller agenda into the ground, and yes, he was a bit of a drama queen. But we're each of us flawed here. The board is better off with him. And hopefully there will be plenty of good stuff to discuss this season.

Come on home, boy! Winter is coming and we have a fire and hot chocolate. Curl up on the rug and have yourself a nice long lick!

I voted "yes."

I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: I miss him. While plenty of us argued with him (I certainly did), I don't think anyone could dispute that he's a huge Sabres fan. I think he had 10K+ posts! He was also pretty funny. Yes, he often beat the anti-Lindy and anti-Miller agenda into the ground, and yes, he was a bit of a drama queen. But we're each of us flawed here. The board is better off with him. And hopefully there will be plenty of good stuff to discuss this season.

Come on home, boy! Winter is coming and we have a fire and hot chocolate. Curl up on the rug and have yourself a nice long lick!

I voted "yes."

I vote no, because I've twice tried to self-impose my own exile and couldn't stay away for more than a day or two. The fact that he's been away this long tells me it isn't bothering him that much, or he's lurking on a different username :nana:

I hope he comes back though.

I voted "yes."

I vote yes. I never argued with him, but I did disagree with him on a few things. I lurked here for a few years before signing up, and his points he brought up always kept things fairly balanced. His point of view is always welcome :thumbsup:

I voted yes but I read it more as "Are you hoping PA comes back?"

This was my vote as well.

Personally, I don't think he will. He's around the twitter-verse but I'm not sure we'll see him back here. Maybe he's okay without this place. Maybe the Docs like where his blood pressure has leveled out. Who knows.

I thought he can't come back because he changed his email to something fake in protest. Thanks to that he can never respond to the activation email. Then again, he could come back as ghost of PASabresFan.

I'm sure if he really wanted to he could find his way back. He and Scott had their differences, but it doesn't change that he was a well respected member of this forum for a very long time.

We only overlapped for 2 months. I'd like to learn more from him. I know the rest of Team StormCloud has made me a more analytic fan. I feel like this quote from weave in the community musings thread is starting to come true a bit:

Do you think this board would be half as active (and interesting) as it is if the free thinkers and malcontents decided to go elsewhere and all you were left with is a massive cirlce jerk? Sounds pretty dull to me. /snip

I hope GoDD changes his mind about posting about the Sabres, and I hope PA returns as Captain StormCloud. Even if there isn't much to complain about the team so far, there should be a better conversation about WHY they are doing so well than there is.

My change from a dollar for a $.98 cup of coffee.

I voted no... I think Jack is probably correct in saying if he's stayed away this long, he might be done for good. I certainly hope I'm wrong; he could be very funny at times, and I miss his curmudgeonly disposition.

Quite honestly, I am not a fan of the direction Sabrespace has taken in the last 6 months. I know his reasons for leaving were different than my issue but it may be the reason he's in no hurry to return. I guess all things change, for better or worse...

Quite honestly, I am not a fan of the direction Sabrespace has taken in the last 6 months. I know his reasons for leaving were different than my issue but it may be the reason he's in no hurry to return. I guess all things change, for better or worse...

hmmm... have you addressed them?

Well, there are a few kids who talk too much (and in a texting/babbling fashion), but there's always some percentage of noise -- especially during the offseason, when the "trade Hecht for Malkin" proposals are released. There's still plenty of good hockey talk (XB has really been bringing it lately, among others), and I expect more now that the actual games have started.

Were you referring to a different issue?

Well, there are a few kids who talk too much (and in a texting/babbling fashion), but there's always some percentage of noise -- especially during the offseason, when the "trade Hecht for Malkin" proposals are released. There's still plenty of good hockey talk (XB has really been bringing it lately, among others), and I expect more now that the actual games have started.

Were you referring to a different issue?

I get the feeling it's exactly what you're mentioning because I know that's the case for me. Like you suggested though, hopefully hockey cures all.

Yup. Just a reminder people. This is not facebook. We don't need to read every thought in your head. As someone who reads absolutely every post in every thread (the more you suffer the more it shows you really care) it gets old quick and distracts from the wonderful, intuitive and banter-ous posts.

Archived