F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

• 2 weeks later...

Really? No one last week, or yet today?

I've got one: it's below 80 degrees (during the day) here for the first time in probably two weeks. Not much, but I'll take it.

This weather is a beautiful thing. We're in the Poconos for a huge paintball game and I could not be happier about it!

This weather is a beautiful thing. We're in the Poconos for a huge paintball game and I could not be happier about it!

Nice! Oh, and I thought of another one: my new car is actually getting even better fuel economy than advertised! I'd expected it to be close to my previous car since that averaged 30 mpg and this was rated 28/33, but I averaged 33 mpg for the first tank of gas and am at 36 mpg now halfway through the second. Suh-weet.

Nice! Oh, and I thought of another one: my new car is actually getting even better fuel economy than advertised! I'd expected it to be close to my previous car since that averaged 30 mpg and this was rated 28/33, but I averaged 33 mpg for the first tank of gas and am at 36 mpg now halfway through the second. Suh-weet.

What did you buy?

What did you buy?

2013 Honda Fit Sport (automatic transmission). I wasn't sure about it at first because it felt like a bit of a downgrade from my '02 Camry, but now that I've had it about 2 weeks, it's grown on me. The engine isn't super powerful so initial acceleration takes a while, but once it's at highway speed, it's surprisingly quick and fun to drive. It also has an absurd (in a good way) amount of leg room and cargo space for a subcompact car. My only concern at this point is how it's going to do in the snow, since it's so much lighter weight.

Hi everyone. Hope summer has been going well.

Some high-quality items for this fantastic Friday:

1. I've been telecommuting from upstate NY for the better part of the last 3 weeks and while personal hygiene has suffered a bit, my fresh air, relaxation, exercise and family time are all well improved.

2. Just took my son and his friend to a movie, then came home to a great BBQ with appropriate booze.

3. I've noticed that 11 got engaged, LGR has a girlfriend, Weave has employers lining up for his services, D4rk is now working for inky and Chz is now a highly toned, single brunette in underwear and goalie pads. Those are all excellent developments -- congrats to all.

4. Against my better judgment, I'm starting to convince myself that next season for the Sabres is going to be entertaining and a better team than we've seen for the last few years. Other than Miller and Vanek, both of whom I wanted to keep anyway, it's been out with the old and in with the new. I want to see Armia and Girgensons and Ristolainen. Maybe one of them will seize a roster spot in camp. And maybe someone else like Griggy or Myers or Leino will surprise us and take a big step up. There are plenty of candidates.

Hope springs eternal.

Go Sabres.

Just couldn't stay away could ya N?

Today is fantastic because of the incoming cool down. I'm so ready to be comfortable again.

Your clothes might not be stuck to your body after work next week. Remember, gold bond is your friend.

Hi everyone. Hope summer has been going well.

Some high-quality items for this fantastic Friday:

1. I've been telecommuting from upstate NY for the better part of the last 3 weeks and while personal hygiene has suffered a bit, my fresh air, relaxation, exercise and family time are all well improved.

2. Just took my son and his friend to a movie, then came home to a great BBQ with appropriate booze.

3. I've noticed that 11 got engaged, LGR has a girlfriend, Weave has employers lining up for his services, D4rk is now working for inky and Chz is now a highly toned, single brunette in underwear and goalie pads. Those are all excellent developments -- congrats to all.

4. Against my better judgment, I'm starting to convince myself that next season for the Sabres is going to be entertaining and a better team than we've seen for the last few years. Other than Miller and Vanek, both of whom I wanted to keep anyway, it's been out with the old and in with the new. I want to see Armia and Girgensons and Ristolainen. Maybe one of them will seize a roster spot in camp. And maybe someone else like Griggy or Myers or Leino will surprise us and take a big step up. There are plenty of candidates.

Hope springs eternal.

Go Sabres.

You know, we do have running water and toothbrushes and things up here...sure, they're not ironic toothbrushes like the ones you get in Williamsburg, but they get the job done.

Your clothes might not be stuck to your body after work next week. Remember, gold bond is your friend.

I'm all about Adidas ClimaLite boxer briefs. These things make chafing a distant memory.

Gold bond is still the best though.

I'm worried I'm going to end up like some lame Floridian whining about how cold 75 degrees is. :lol:

Gold Bond should be enshrined in the Things that are Awesome thread.

Absolutely.