All About Natural Disasters

I didn't think to post it here, but a couple weeks ago a tornado came through Amish country 10 miles from my house. I happened to drive through a couple days later and it was crazy how many people (both Amish and English) were out cleaning up. They had a new barn framed and roofed already to house the animals that were in a barn that didn't make it.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/local/community-hundreds-of-amish-helping-to-rebuild-after-tornado-damages/article_a7eea0a4-dca1-11e5-a7ec-b7c91e410a6b.html

• 3 weeks later...

I am reviving this thread, after the recent tragic earthquake in Ecuador, I am going to be volunteering 2 weeks of my time in mid May to help treat victims of the disaster as well as treating patients in the underserved areas of Ecuador in the rainforest.

During that time I will have aspiring medical students with Me, to help translate, triage and pass medications. I am paying out of pocket for myself and others to go down and help with this cause.

If anyone is interested in donating to the cause, I am working with Timmy corporation as well as Doctors without borders, I am not sure how this works, but I could direct to a site to make a donation or I could solicit the donation personally and make sure it goes to the people of Ecuador while I am down there next month, and allot it to the families/patients that have suffered the most.

I am very excited to do this work, it'll make working in medicine much more gratifying compared to how we have it in the developed countries.

Any input or advice that anyone here has would be welcome as well.

I have started a go fund me page, as I think this is the best way to do things, and one of the few things I'm familiar with.

Https://gofundme.com/Ecuador-relief

Please let me know if there are any issues with the link, thank you all in advance!!!

Edited by Wyldnwoody44

Pretty cool pic from Fort Worth tonight. 

Looked pretty nasty (still does) with that front rolling through.

Brian Luenser lives in a tower in downtown Fort Worth.  He gets some amazing shots.  The Trinity River is about as deep as I've ever seen it.

We had a gully washer during my commute home today here in Fort Worth.  It was raining hard enough that the tollway slowed down to about 10 mph because you simply couldn't see a car more than 10 feet in front of yours.  Lots and lots of lightning too.

Edited by Robin Egg

Kind of.  I've met him a few times, and used to be Facebook friends.  He posted a picture from about that same angle when we got snow and called it a blizzard.  I responded jokingly, saying, that's no blizzard, it's a dusting.  Apparently he took offense and defriended and blocked me.  (We had previously clashed on politics, so maybe that was just the last straw.)

Kind of.  I've met him a few times, and used to be Facebook friends.  He posted a picture from about that same angle when we got snow and called it a blizzard.  I responded jokingly, saying, that's no blizzard, it's a dusting.  Apparently he took offense and defriended and blocked me.  (We had previously clashed on politics, so maybe that was just the last straw.)

Oh geez. You're probably better off. If everybody got mad and/or cut people out of their lives because of disagreements and jokes......... nobody would have any friends.

• 2 weeks later...