All About Winnipeg

spndnchz

Nashville desperately wants to be in the SE. Columbus and Detroit both want to be in the eastern conference. Only 1 of these things will happen w/out at least 1 more franchise moving.

Any guess as to which one will get its way?

(Hint: it'll be the one w/ more than 1 playoff series victory in its entire history.)

There is no way that Detroit gets to move East. The West teams will never approve that.

reporterchris Chris Johnston

by wyshynski

Danny Williams announces tentative deal with True North to bring Moose to St. John's. AHL board has yet to grant approval.

St. John's, Newfoundland or St John, New Brunswick? A buddy of mine used to tell me of the days when the Maple Leafs farm team played in Newfoundland, the Leafs coaches would threaten underperforming players that they would be "shipped off to the Rock!"

EDIT: Apparently the report is SJ, NF...and it's being denied now. Google "Manitoba Moose" and find rumours of Thunder Bay, ON and Saskatoon, SK. as well.

PTR

Nice article from Scott Burnside over at ESPN: Link here

As a Sabres fan in Atlanta, I feel the same way. Lousy ownership and a GM that could never build a strong team consistent enough to make the playoffs beyond one year is why Atlanta will never have a hockey team again. Too bad because this was a market with potential, but there will never be a team here again. It's disappointing as now I have to go to Nashville, Florida, or Buffalo to watch a Sabres game live. Oh well.

I wonder if this is going to start a domino effect over the next 5-10 years? Could we see the likes of Florida, Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina, Anaheim, and/or the NY Islanders up next? Some possible destinations could be Kansas City, Quebec City, Hamilton, Seattle, Portland, or even some of the major European cities.

I wonder if this is going to start a domino effect over the next 5-10 years? Could we see the likes of Florida, Nashville, Phoenix, Carolina, Anaheim, and/or the NY Islanders up next? Some possible destinations could be Kansas City, Quebec City, Hamilton, Seattle, Portland, or even some of the major European cities.

Hell has not frozen over yet. Europe for simply time reasons will not have NHL teams. There would be a what? 5 hour difference in time not to mention, who wants to play in paris? Hockey in Paris BARF :sick: My guess is that your wrong, the NHL would move teams to viable markets and if worst came to worst, it would drop the number from 30-28 teams.

Hell has not frozen over yet. Europe for simply time reasons will not have NHL teams. There would be a what? 5 hour difference in time not to mention, who wants to play in paris? Hockey in Paris BARF :sick: My guess is that your wrong, the NHL would move teams to viable markets and if worst came to worst, it would drop the number from 30-28 teams.

I just have one question. Have you ever been beyond the borders of your hometown?

I just have one question. Have you ever been beyond the borders of your hometown?

Nope golly gee mister Ive never been outside of my hometown limits. Its scary out there in the world majig....

I hope this gets me banned because honestly thats the week ive been having. GO ###### YOURSELF. Mexico, Canada, Hawaii, and a London. Ive seen almost all 50 states, read some of the greatest writers of the human race from Sun Tzu, Shakespeare, Voltaire to name a few. I spent an entire semester reading philosophy, Ive studied cultures as far afield as the aborigine's of Australia or the Inuit of the arctic and northern canada. No Ive never been anywhere because I think hockey of the NHL variety in Paris is a terrible idea because then if a West coast team like vancouver made it to the finals they would have what? a 8 hour difference yah thats going to fly over well

If its not my parents starting a war, my finacee calling off my wedding, my boss giving me ######, the ticket i got, a friend dying, its some ###### making a comment on a message board... peace the f*ck out.

Nope golly gee mister Ive never been outside of my hometown limits. Its scary out there in the world majig....

I hope this gets me banned because honestly thats the week ive been having. GO ###### YOURSELF. Mexico, Canada, Hawaii, and a London. Ive seen almost all 50 states, read some of the greatest writers of the human race from Sun Tzu, Shakespeare, Voltaire to name a few. I spent an entire semester reading philosophy, Ive studied cultures as far afield as the aborigine's of Australia or the Inuit of the arctic and northern canada. No Ive never been anywhere because I think hockey of the NHL variety in Paris is a terrible idea because then if a West coast team like vancouver made it to the finals they would have what? a 8 hour difference yah thats going to fly over well

If its not my parents starting a war, my finacee calling off my wedding, my boss giving me ######, the ticket i got, a friend dying, its some ###### making a comment on a message board... peace the f*ck out.

So,... yes.

What I would like to see is another merger in the northern and eastern european leagues to create a Super KHL in Germany/Czech Republic/Slovakia/Sweden/Finland/Russia/Switzerland/Austria. Then play a champions league like UEFA does with teams from the NHL and SKHL. I'm sure the TV rights and gate reciepts would make the $$ worthwhile for the owners. Play prelims in February in place of all-star weekend and final rounds in September/October in place of preseason for those teams and drop the NHL schedule to 78 games. Could be a monster of a tourney, and would have the requisite $$$$$ to make the owners pay attention.

When I'm a billionaire, if pegs won't sell me the team, I'm creating this.

What I would like to see is another merger in the northern and eastern european leagues to create a Super KHL in Germany/Czech Republic/Slovakia/Sweden/Finland/Russia/Switzerland/Austria. Then play a champions league like UEFA does with teams from the NHL and SKHL. I'm sure the TV rights and gate reciepts would make the $$ worthwhile for the owners. Play prelims in February in place of all-star weekend and final rounds in September/October in place of preseason for those teams and drop the NHL schedule to 78 games. Could be a monster of a tourney, and would have the requisite $$$$$ to make the owners pay attention.

When I'm a billionaire, if pegs won't sell me the team, I'm creating this.

First apologies, its complicated but the last 3 days have been a nightmare

Second, this is a good idea. Create a champions league using the best teams, for example take the top one or two teams from each division and let them play against the top divisions from Europe and Russia. it would either be a 12 v 12 teams tourney or a 6 v 6 team tourney and could happen every other year staggered around the oplympics. Prob will never ever happen but it would be cool

First apologies, its complicated but the last 3 days have been a nightmare

Second, this is a good idea. Create a champions league using the best teams, for example take the top one or two teams from each division and let them play against the top divisions from Europe and Russia. it would either be a 12 v 12 teams tourney or a 6 v 6 team tourney and could happen every other year staggered around the oplympics. Prob will never ever happen but it would be cool

Well ill just say its good to see that you're not camped out in a bell tower somewhere : )

I love the message boards!!!!

And yes this would be an awesome idea, fans would love it, cash would be generated and I believe that the players would also buy in.......unfortunatley Mr comish would never do anything so grounbreaking or exciting,......instead the nhl is prolly busy working on a device that's worn by players that sends a wireless signal to the refs when a check is thrown that is too hard so that individual can be instantly suspended for being a man and having a pair

Detroit has been begging to move to the East for years, and while the simple answer is to move Nashville or C-Bus to the SE, I believe the league will accommodate Detroit. (It does suck for their fans, with so many games starting at 10pm or later local time.) And frankly, I think Buffalo will suffer; I see a division with four "original six" (I hate that misnomer, really, as if the league started with these six?) teams and Ottawa, with Buffalo moved to some division with three NYS teams and either two PA teams or one plus Joisey. The league then can either exploit the Ovechkin-Crosby rivalry in the "Southeast" or the natural Filly-DC hatred in the same oddly-titled division. Maybe they'll rename it.

I hate the above, but I see it happening. Hope I'm wrong.

Archived