All About Winnipeg

spndnchz

Rumors coming out of Atlanta that the team may move. Player's been told "be ready for the team to move" & for it to "be announced sooner not later".

They'd have to vote on it at the BOG meeting, unless it's already dun deal. With Phoenix staying put, maybe Atlanta to Winnipeg?

Rumors coming out of Atlanta that the team may move. Player's been told "be ready for the team to move" & for it to "be announced sooner not later".

They'd have to vote on it at the BOG meeting, unless it's already dun deal. With Phoenix staying put, maybe Atlanta to Winnipeg?

It seems that Atlanta didn't seem to embrace hockey as much as the Tampa Bays and *gag* Carolinas of the world.

If it goes through, most interesting 2 Q's to me would be:

1. Would Yotes be willing to let Atlanta/Winnipeg have the rights to the "Jets" back?

2. Does Nashville move to the SE or does Detroit get its wish and get moved to the East (and if they do, who gets stuck in Hockey South - Filly would make the most sense geographically; then Buffalo or Detroit would take their place in the Patrick; but I don't see the Snyders being willing to slide over)?

If it goes through, most interesting 2 Q's to me would be:

1. Would Yotes be willing to let Atlanta/Winnipeg have the rights to the "Jets" back?

2. Does Nashville move to the SE or does Detroit get its wish and get moved to the East (and if they do, who gets stuck in Hockey South - Filly would make the most sense geographically; then Buffalo or Detroit would take their place in the Patrick; but I don't see the Snyders being willing to slide over)?

If we're going geographically, Boston would be a great fit with the 3 NY/NJ teams and Philly. I guess that would mean you bump Pittsburgh instead.

If we're going geographically, Boston would be a great fit with the 3 NY/NJ teams and Philly. I guess that would mean you bump Pittsburgh instead.

It would make sense geographically (and that would make the Adams all border cities / Canuck) but I don't see Jacobs being willing to give up the Moe-ray-all rivalry. (Though back in the early '70's, they had a pretty good rivalry w/ the Strangers.)

It would make sense geographically (and that would make the Adams all border cities / Canuck) but I don't see Jacobs being willing to give up the Moe-ray-all rivalry. (Though back in the early '70's, they had a pretty good rivalry w/ the Strangers.)

Rivalries always get in the way. The more I think about it though, this might be the perfect time for that move. There's something brewing now with what has happened with Boston-Philly in the past two years. Then there's the never ending Boston-NY rivalry. The purist hockey fans will always have their thing for Montreal, but I bet a larger portion of their audience would be all over those two matchups.

It seems that Atlanta didn't seem to embrace hockey as much as the Tampa Bays and *gag* Carolinas of the world.

I think Atlanta embraces hockey fairly well. They just don't want to support the failure of ownership and management over the years.

I think it's a case of the Atlanta organization failing the fans not the fans failing the team this time.

I think Atlanta embraces hockey fairly well. They just don't want to support the failure of ownership and management over the years.

I think it's a case of the Atlanta organization failing the fans not the fans failing the team this time.

It was the last time as well.

I think Atlanta is in good shape, myself...Duds knows what he's doing.

He does. But 1 season of the headband can't be expected to overcome all that the ownership cluster and Waddell have done to that fanbase.

It would be ironic if this team moved to central Canada and then won it's 1st ever playoff series the 1st season up there just like the last team to leave Hotlanta.

He does. But 1 season of the headband can't be expected to overcome all that the ownership cluster and Waddell have done to that fanbase.

It would be ironic if this team moved to central Canada and then won it's 1st ever playoff series the 1st season up there just like the last team to leave Hotlanta.

:lol:

I agree.

I wouldn't want that. We'd probably win the same amount of games (Tampa and Washington are obviously no slouches), and that would mean we'd have to play these lame, ugly uniformed teams from lousy hockey towns more than we already do. I'd prefer where we are.

The talked-about move is Detroit to the Eastern Conference, but the divisional shakeup has no obvious moves if that happens.

The not-talked-about move is Columbus to the Southeast. It doesn't help the weird situation that Detroit is in (where very few of its opponents are in the same time zone), and Columbus is hardly Southern (but it's Ohioan, which is close) but it's the only thing that makes sense. The NE and ATL can't be broken up very easily.

if atlanta moves my guess would be that nashville moves to the SE division as that would make the most sense. Then dallas shifts to the central and Vancouver moves to the pacific with winnipeg going in the northwest, that makes the most sense and it should keep detroit happy

if atlanta moves my guess would be that nashville moves to the SE division as that would make the most sense. Then dallas shifts to the central and Vancouver moves to the pacific with winnipeg going in the northwest, that makes the most sense and it should keep detroit happy

This makes even more sense (actually, much more sense) than the Columbus situation that I guessed at before.

Gary bettman is seriously the biggest dumbass i have ever seen, and the way he operates the league is a joke.

There's a report on the NHL homepage stating that the atlanta winnipeg deal has been finished dated at 5-19 at 11:18pm

Now there's a report on ESPN .com saying that bettman has gone on record saying this isn't true. at 11:37

My question is, who the hell gave the okay to publish that on the NHL WEBSITE, only to have ESPN to deny it?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON AND WHY DOES ESPN KNOW BETTER THAN THE FREAKING LEAGUE!!????

Archived