All About Winnipeg

spndnchz

It is. The logos aren't bad.

I'd agree it's not bad. (It definitely won't live in infamy w/ some others from the past.) I was just hoping for something brighter. A league full of black, navy, & now aircraft dark gray (?) is getting old.

i think it looks pretty sweet.

I do too. Was very leery of what they would produce, and to be honest I'm pleasantly surprised. The only think I would say is they could do without the jet engine part, as it kind of makes the maple leave look odd.

However nostalgia aside, I think it trumps the old logo. Much more kick @ss.

It apparently pays tribute to the air force. I like it. As someone else pointed out,at least it doesn't look as bad as the slug.

Correct: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2011-07-22/winnipeg-jets-unveil-new-logo-jets-uniform

Not too shabby. I like the one on the bottom right the best. The plane/jet over top of the leaf in the largest logo is sort of weird, but whatever. Probably good that they went a totally different direction from the old logo.

[EDIT: I didn't notice the little compass point heading towards North as well. A little tribute to the ownership group, perhaps? Assuming this is, in fact, the logo that will be unveiled shortly.]

Good eye! I didn't even realize that at first, but I think you're totally right. Definitely looks like a compass and I don't know what else that would signify, other than Canada being the northern most country in North America or something lame like that. My bet is a tribute to True North. :thumbsup: Good find.

The jet looks like an American built F-16....may a subtle undertone to the time the team spent in Atlanta when they were the Thrashers eh?

Actually, it's a stylized version of the CF-18 (I know it looks like a single engine, but that's the stylized part), which is also an American plane. I don't believe that the Royal Canadian Air Force has ever flown the F-16. The A/F-18, then the YF-17, was actually a competitor to the YF-16 for the US Air Force. After losing, it was re-designed a bit into the A/F-18 for the US Navy/Marines. Other NATO countries often selected one of the two for their Air Forces, but usually not both. Canada went with the A/F-18.

Actually, it's a stylized version of the CF-18 (I know it looks like a single engine, but that's the stylized part), which is also an American plane. I don't believe that the Royal Canadian Air Force has ever flown the F-16. The A/F-18, then the YF-17, was actually a competitor for the YF-16 for the US Air Force. After losing, it was re-designed a bit into the A/F-18 for the US Navy/Marines. Other NATO countries often selected one of the two for their Air Forces, but usually not both. Canada went with the A/F-18.

People on this board know WAAAAYYY too damn much about beer, whisky, cigars, barbeque and now fighter planes .... I can't keep up :worthy:

Archived