Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Sabres at Flyers

4/22/2011

7:30PM start

It's 12:09 am and I am seizing the opportunity to start the GDT.

Holy mackerel this is a huge game. Each player on the team has the opportunity to make a little bit of Sabres history tonight.

Miller and Myers really stepped up last game. Who's it gonna be tonight, boys?

The Sabres need more offense tonight if they are going to bring home the opportunity to close it out. How 'bout Gerbe, Stafford and Vanek light the lamp while the D keeps it tight and physical while Miller stays in the zone?

It could happen. The Sabres are good enough to win this game. Of course, so is Philly.

Everyone here, please re-create your individual mojo from Wednesday.

Go Sabres.

Nice, I like the early GDT!

I'd like to see Ennis bury some of these chances he's had.

I'd also like to see Morrison instead of Montador, but I'm a dreamer...

I'm with you on Ennis, but I think I prefer Monty over Morrison.

I'm with you on Ennis, but I think I prefer Monty over Morrison.

Trust me, I hated to even go there.

Montador had such a great (maybe just really good) regular season, he was the last person I thought would suck it up come playoff time, but he's been a liability in our own end. He looks scared.

Gonna have to Tivo this and pray my unit (which has been on the fritz lately) doesn't ###### it up. Coming home around an hour after the game starts.

I don't really know what to say except win. Give ourselves the damn opportunity to close it out on Sunday in front of our crowd.

"It's going to be our fans and our rink, and we're going to come out hard tomorrow," defenseman Kimmo Timonen said. "Trust me."

Think they've got something up their sleeve? Like they're ready to just come out swinging?

Pronger is likely to play. It would certainly give them a boost.

Lindy did the same thing with Labialette's Hurricanes team in 2006.

"Pretty arrogant bunch," Ruff said again. "They want to blame it on (bad) ice, blame it on officiating . . . I said after the game in Carolina that it was a tough call but that J.P. should not have put his stick on him. I by no means think that penalty (on Weight) has been called all year long. But did he hit him from behind? Damn right he hit him from behind.

"Why is it so much different now that we did it? Now all of sudden the ice is no good in this building, the air is no good, the water's no good, the ref's not good, the Sabres are no good, all of these things weren't very good."

Enough whining, said Ruff.

"You know all I'm hearing is a lot of excuses from that team, I really am. I'm looking at a team that's screwing around looking for excuses. That game had nothing to do with the ice . . ."

Ruff's theatrics may very well have been by design to take the spotlight off his players. The Sabres are a young team with very little playoff experience, especially when it comes to a Game 7.

Edit: Meant to put this in the whining thread, but I suppose it goes here as well.

"It's going to be our fans and our rink, and we're going to come out hard tomorrow," defenseman Kimmo Timonen said. "Trust me."

Think they've got something up their sleeve? Like they're ready to just come out swinging?

Articles I've read suggest they are going to be bringing the heavy hitting plus add in Prissy Pronger and I'd imagine Buffalo will be under siege for the first 10 minutes of this game.

Didn't they try this in Game 4? How'd that work for ya Timonen? :w00t:

Each one of these games has been won by the team scoring the first goal. It's pretty clear what has to happen here. Find a way to get that first goal (like Philly did in Game 3) and then send forward after forward after Pronger. He's bound to be rusty and a bit slow. Let's turn that asset into a liability. If they are going to get to exploit him, it's tonight.

Archived