Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Come on man--have an ounce of common sense. No one willed sh&t to happen or even wanted in to happen in the first instance in any of these scenarios--and no one disputes that. But to the extent you immediately thought--and then expressed out loud of all things--wow this is great because we get out from under a K, then that sucks. I have accepted the explanations, so this is a dead horse. But setting up straw man arguments and then acting like a genius when you knock them down is laughable. You are smart enough to engage in the real issue.

Straw man? I see your responses to GoDD and Deluca as reluctant, grudging acceptance of their POV, so I don't see how my response is a straw man at all. Their reaction was, "OK there could be a long term benefit to this situation". Your reaction to the statement was to assume the worst possible intention and then grudgingly accept maybe they don't have the darkest fo hearts. The same sort of commentary showed up here when Roy got hurt and when Miller got hurt. One side saw a silver lining and the other side says "you wanted it to happen". It's a re-occurring theme. I stand by my comment.

And I don't really want to continue the thread jack any further.

Straw man? I see your responses to GoDD and Deluca as reluctant, grudging acceptance of their POV, so I don't see how my response is a straw man at all. Their reaction was, "OK there could be a long term benefit to this situation". Your reaction to the statement was to assume the worst possible intention and then grudgingly accept maybe they don't have the darkest fo hearts. The same sort of commentary showed up here when Roy got hurt and when Miller got hurt. One side saw a silver lining and the other side says "you wanted it to happen". It's a re-occurring theme. I stand by my comment.

And I don't really want to continue the thread jack any further.

Stand by away. :) You probably will not be appointed a federal judge however.

Yeah, that's it.

What's more tragic, someone who willingly admits they checked their integrity at the door to further their ambition and career, or someone who uses denial as a coping mechanism to remain self-assured in their "talent and work ethic" as they leave dozens of others affected in their wake due to their ambition?

Weave is the most honest guy here. When he questions me, which he has, I step back and question myself.

Corruption fears an honest man with a brain.

What's more tragic, someone who willingly admits they checked their integrity at the door to further their ambition and career, or someone who uses denial as a coping mechanism to remain self-assured in their "talent and work ethic" as they leave dozens of others affected in their wake due to their ambition?

Weave is the most honest guy here. When he questions me, which he has, I step back and question myself.

I agree with that. Not sure of its applicability here or why you assume every federal judge is essentially selfish and corrupt--but to each his own.. You three guys all members of the Van Buren Boys?

:blink:

[bugs Bunny voice]

You don't know me vewwy well, do you?

[/bugs Bunny voice]

Well, at least when it comes to a message board.

If you have a history of stuffing fried shrimp in your pockets at the Ponderosa buffet....then you'll just have to answer for that on your own.

LMAO

*flashes sign to GoDD*

Archived