Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Each one of these games has been won by the team scoring the first goal. It's pretty clear what has to happen here. Find a way to get that first goal (like Philly did in Game 3) and then send forward after forward after Pronger. He's bound to be rusty and a bit slow. Let's turn that asset into a liability. If they are going to get to exploit him, it's tonight.

Nice call wjag. They need to turn it up a notch for this game. All indicators point to this game being a free-for-all.

I hope to see a repeat of this after the game then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mST3lcwS0l0

"We just wanted to play, and the more they acted like idiots, the more we wanted to play"

Lindy Ruff Apr 24, 2006

+1! I really think we should hear something like that later tonight!

Each one of these games has been won by the team scoring the first goal. It's pretty clear what has to happen here. Find a way to get that first goal (like Philly did in Game 3) and then send forward after forward after Pronger. He's bound to be rusty and a bit slow. Let's turn that asset into a liability. If they are going to get to exploit him, it's tonight.

I totally agree with this. He's gonna be so out of game shape let alone playoff game shape I don't see how he is going to be anything but a liability. I can't wait to see Kaleta or someone put a nice lick on him!!! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

Flyers are going to come out hitting. During that time, Buffalo needs to put a couple in the net, and I mean a couple, none of this one and done crap.

As long as they resist retaliation I see this being a strong possibility. I have a feeling Ennis and Gerbe are going to have something to do with the outcome of this game. 5-2 Buffalo!

I won't come right out and suggest anything here, but Gerbe does have a little history back in his college days of breaking people's hands with well placed slashes.

Trust me, I hated to even go there.

Montador had such a great (maybe just really good) regular season, he was the last person I thought would suck it up come playoff time, but he's been a liability in our own end. He looks scared.

He was benched for the last 3rd of the season for the most part. That doesnt qualify as good.

Pronger won't help them that much. He won't be throwing punches with his screwed up hand.

Not, but he'll probably be,skate stomping, crosschecking, slashing and elbowing just fine.

Dirtiest POS in the league, and a damn shame too cause he can play the game.

Not, but he'll probably be,skate stomping, crosschecking, slashing and elbowing just fine.

Dirtiest POS in the league, and a damn shame too cause he can play the game.

Plus Pronger gets away w cross checking the shhhhhh out of guys in the regular season. So much worse in the playoffs. He will hurt our smurfs.

He is a psychological boost too. Imagine if Myers had been out all the time and we are just getting him back today.

How good would this board feel?????

Pronger coming back before he's 100% is a potential disaster for Philly. He could try to do too much, and it's already been suggested he won't be able to provide the boomer from the point he's known for.

I love hearing Richards and the rest of their crew whining about the suddenly "too tough" Sabres. We're in their heads, and that's going to result in goals tonight.

5-2 good guys. Sabres clinch on Sunday.

Couldn't wait, huh?

No sir!

I won't come right out and suggest anything here, but Gerbe does have a little history back in his college days of breaking people's hands with well placed slashes.

...and of scoring huge goals in crunch time.

But does it qualify as an occasion? :)

Yes sir!

"It's going to be our fans and our rink, and we're going to come out hard tomorrow," defenseman Kimmo Timonen said. "Trust me."

Think they've got something up their sleeve? Like they're ready to just come out swinging?

...I just hope Weber or Myers is on the ice when they come out swinging... That would be a good fight. I think philly is going to try an manhandle us an I am not sure if our young guys wont be able to match them. I think the sabres offense comes to life and I think philly comes out trying to be all tough and hard but the sabres will outwork them.

Keep your heads boys,just keep your heads. The flyers are set to lose theirs. Its already in their conversation,in the way they are carrying themselves in interviews etc. If the Sabres play their game and not allow themselves to get pulled into a free wheeling game they can win. The Flyers are saying Pronger will play or is a gametime decision. Bring it on. He's good for a few penalties. Our powerplay has to make them regret the extracurricular cheap stuff.

...I just hope Weber or Myers is on the ice when they come out swinging... That would be a good fight. I think philly is going to try an manhandle us an I am not sure if our young guys wont be able to match them. I think the sabres offense comes to life and I think philly comes out trying to be all tough and hard but the sabres will outwork them.

I'm not convinced. If this series has showed anything it is that the Philly forecheck is better than the Sabres Defense. They constantly pressure the puck handler and win the puck. Buffalo has not handled that forecheck yet. The only way for Buffalo to match Philly is to outhit them early and get a goal. I truly don't believe Buffalo can win any game they get behind in this series.

One of the Flyers referred to "puck luck" after Game 1. They clearly had "puck luck" in Games 2 and 3 but not 4. Scrambles in front of the net and loose pucks will determine Buffalo's fate in this series. The Sabres simply haven't shown the ability to sustain ANY real pressure in the Philly zone with the lone exception of the first ten minutes of Game 4.

This series looks so similar to the ECF versus Carolina. Buffalo is trying to win with Defense and shot blocks. Biggest difference this year is they have some gamers who are also willing to throw down and forecheck.

Philly will come out tonight fully prepared to win the game in the first 10 minutes.

Archived