Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Same here. In this part of Ohio it's the Buckeyes and that's it. They don't even seem to know that there are other sports.

Hockey is a playoff sport here. Generally, the Bears fans that are here are usually pretty good hockey fans, and follow their teams all year long. But for the most part, the hockey fans come out of the woodwork at playoff time. You wouldn't believe the amount of Flyers fans that started showing up during their run last season...

Then they all went in to hiding until the last week or so. These are the same type of fans that are coming with the "Well, Pronger is out, so when he comes back, it's all over."

I also was there is 1975 as a young teenager and had my heart broke by the Flyer's. I remember going to see the Stanley Cup that night in the hallway and also the pain of watching the Flyer's win it.

I felt the same as a previous post that I would be happy just making the playoffs, I watch from preseason to all 82 games and now that we have made the playoffs I want the Sabre's to Win! I am the hockey fan in my house, my husband watches some of the games with me but not with the passion that I feel for this team.

I am very nervous today and all I can say is Just Once, can the Hockey God look down on this city and Bless Us with a Fairy Tale season and keep this going!!!!

Go Sabres!!!!!!!

Jackie

The Sabres have SO many players who have yet to really appear in this series, that if there is a night, or a good 10-15 minute stretch, any one of them wants to step it up, it is in this game.

If, like, 2 or 3 of the usual AWOL players would just step it up a little, ideally during the first to take an early lead, then they'd be golden.

Is it really any different for Philly? I mean, they've only got one more goal than us over the entire series.

Just saw vid of Pronger doing skating circles with the trainers yesterday? Wed? After about 2 figure eights forward and backwards he's bent over his stick, legs burning, trying to catch his breath.

NFW he plays tonight. Although after watching that I hope he does. We'd skate circles around him.

Just saw vid of Pronger doing skating circles with the trainers yesterday? Wed? After about 2 figure eights forward and backwards he's bent over his stick, legs burning, trying to catch his breath.

NFW he plays tonight. Although after watching that I hope he does. We'd skate circles around him.

Speaking of that, Leopold was really protecting his hand the other night. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get injured somewhere else because of it. When he got hit, he would pull the hand in.

Why hasn't he kept skating, if it was his hand that was hurt?

Everyone here, please re-create your individual mojo from Wednesday.

Go Sabres.

No jersey then for me and I'll continue with the Labbatt Blue instead of my normal homebrew. I'd normally move inside since it's raining and cold here, but I will be outside again tonight at my man cave to keep the mojo going. Let's Go Buffalo!!

Just tweeted: Pronger would have play but slipped on mysterious puddle in front of Richards' locker.

Ha! Ha! Ha! Did the Sabres really get into this kids head? Now he's shaking!?!?!?!?!?!? I love it! LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

No jersey then for me and I'll continue with the Labbatt Blue instead of my normal homebrew. I'd normally move inside since it's raining and cold here, but I will be outside again tonight at my man cave to keep the mojo going. Let's Go Buffalo!!

Good man.

Archived