Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

Just watched the "Sabres/Flyers Ice Chips" video at TSN.ca. Couldn't help but notice the MARKS on Briere's face and neck. Holy-moly, he must be getting a good whipping out there.

The legend of Briere will grow due to him being directly responsible for the development of Tyler Meyers mean streak.

Thanks Danny.

Can't recreate the exact scene from Wednesday.

I will be sharing the evening with Jeff Beck at UB.

Tough luck on the scheduling.

I will be burning the battery on the old droid tonight.

No mojo needed - Sabres win 4-2 tonight. 19, 42, 17 and 42 again with the EN goal.

Jeff Beck is the only (living) artist who could make me miss a Sabres playoff game. Enjoy the show.

I think that WAAAAviolette and the Cryers want the Sabres to think that they're going to come out aggressive and hitting everyone in sight, but they're really going to do the opposite and just dive, flip and flop everytime a Sabre touches them, hoping to get some calls from the refs that they tried to bait. Sabres have to skate in their own zone, too much standing still watching the Cryers race to loose pucks. I'm expecting this series to go to 7 games, so I won't be too distraught with a loss tonight, but will be very happy with a win tonight and the chance to end it in Buffalo on Easter.

GO SABRES

Man are the Cryers whining...I do think that Lindy may have learned his lesson - that is, the team that complains the most about the officiating generally doesn't get the calls during the playoffs. In fact, it usually seems to have the opposite effect. So keep crying Danny, and Mike.

Kimmo complaining about Gerbe's hits after the whistle when everyone saw the hit to the nads that Nathan took after the game was well over - I like the agitator role the Gerbe has taken on.

Crying about how our goalie beat one of them up - when they have repeatedly made runs and hacked at Miller this whole series. So what if Weber and Myers knock them down and drag their sorry butts away from the paint - that's their job and that's the message: "stay out of the crease, and off of Miller". :death:

Every time we play these guys I think that I can't hate them any more than I already do, and each time they prove me wrong. I am so freaking psyched for our guys to come out hitting like animals - since the power plays have sucked for both teams it's not like either team has seen a good reason to back down from the physical stuff as long as our guys stay in control and don't cough up the puck or get too out of position.

Folks keep talking about how well Boucher has played, but has he really been tested like Miller? How much time have we spent in their zone crowding the net, screening him, running him, and taking shots? It would be interesting to see what would happen if we took the game to them more and started really hitting and forchecking and getting some traffic around Boucher.

So here's some GOOD news..

Hmm bad link. Says No Pronger, No Carter for rest of SERIES!!

www.csnphilly.com/04/22/11/So...004&feedID=704

Here is the article:

"Friday, April 22, 2011

Posted: 10:53 a.m. | Updated: 4:45 a.m.

By Tim Panaccio

CSNPhilly.com

While Chris Pronger seems to making progress on his injured right hand, a source close to the Flyers’ defenseman told CSNPhilly.com that he will not be available to play at any point in this Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.

Officially, the Flyers are listing him as day-to-day.

Additionally, don’t expect to see Jeff Carter in any remaining games, as well. He has a severely sprained MCL ligament in his right knee and is wearing a brace.

Pronger is still experiencing pain in the fractured area around the right hand, the source said, adding he is still unable to take contact with the hand sufficiently to defend himself on the ice.

There is concern about what kind of impact he could have if he can’t even defend himself.

“The kind of game he plays, he can’t play with that hand right now,” the source said.

Pronger, the source said, has felt pressure from many sides, especially the media, to play in the series, but doesn’t want to compromise safety only to get re-injured and perhaps suffer another setback.

Pronger took slap shots for the first time in weeks at the morning skate but also was wincing at times.

“He has pain,” the source said.

In fairness, Pronger's slap shots Friday morning didn’t have as much authority on them as we’ve seen in the past. Pronger stayed on the ice after teammates left shooting pucks. He also declined interviews.

Pronger did take part in every aspect of the drills but as Matt Carle -- his on-ice partner -- said, the decision was going to likely come down to how much pain he had this morning and what he can tolerate.

Obviously, we know the answer."

There was more, but this is the relevant part.

So here's some GOOD news..

Hmm bad link. Says No Pronger, No Carter for rest of SERIES!!

www.csnphilly.com/04/22/11/So...004&feedID=704

Here is the article:

"Friday, April 22, 2011

Posted: 10:53 a.m. | Updated: 4:45 a.m.

By Tim Panaccio

CSNPhilly.com

While Chris Pronger seems to making progress on his injured right hand, a source close to the Flyers’ defenseman told CSNPhilly.com that he will not be available to play at any point in this Eastern Conference quarterfinal series.

Officially, the Flyers are listing him as day-to-day.

Additionally, don’t expect to see Jeff Carter in any remaining games, as well. He has a severely sprained MCL ligament in his right knee and is wearing a brace.

Pronger is still experiencing pain in the fractured area around the right hand, the source said, adding he is still unable to take contact with the hand sufficiently to defend himself on the ice.

There is concern about what kind of impact he could have if he can’t even defend himself.

“The kind of game he plays, he can’t play with that hand right now,” the source said.

Pronger, the source said, has felt pressure from many sides, especially the media, to play in the series, but doesn’t want to compromise safety only to get re-injured and perhaps suffer another setback.

Pronger took slap shots for the first time in weeks at the morning skate but also was wincing at times.

“He has pain,” the source said.

In fairness, Pronger's slap shots Friday morning didn’t have as much authority on them as we’ve seen in the past. Pronger stayed on the ice after teammates left shooting pucks. He also declined interviews.

Pronger did take part in every aspect of the drills but as Matt Carle -- his on-ice partner -- said, the decision was going to likely come down to how much pain he had this morning and what he can tolerate.

Obviously, we know the answer."

There was more, but this is the relevant part.

Very nice info....and that is great news to my ears, I was hopin prongs would play hurt. But ill take carter out!!! Buffalo needs to play inspired today and stay disciplined!!!! We will win!!!!

Archived