Game Discussion Thread: Sabres at Flyers

nfreeman

The Sabres have SO many players who have yet to really appear in this series, that if there is a night, or a good 10-15 minute stretch, any one of them wants to step it up, it is in this game.

If, like, 2 or 3 of the usual AWOL players would just step it up a little, ideally during the first to take an early lead, then they'd be golden.

I'm not convinced. If this series has showed anything it is that the Philly forecheck is better than the Sabres Defense. They constantly pressure the puck handler and win the puck. Buffalo has not handled that forecheck yet. The only way for Buffalo to match Philly is to outhit them early and get a goal. I truly don't believe Buffalo can win any game they get behind in this series.

One of the Flyers referred to "puck luck" after Game 1. They clearly had "puck luck" in Games 2 and 3 but not 4. Scrambles in front of the net and loose pucks will determine Buffalo's fate in this series. The Sabres simply haven't shown the ability to sustain ANY real pressure in the Philly zone with the lone exception of the first ten minutes of Game 4.

This series looks so similar to the ECF versus Carolina. Buffalo is trying to win with Defense and shot blocks. Biggest difference this year is they have some gamers who are also willing to throw down and forecheck.

Philly will come out tonight fully prepared to win the game in the first 10 minutes.

Good teams win games. Great teams win games they should lose.

Good teams win games. Great teams win games they should lose.

So far, Buffalo has shown they are a good team. They have to earn great team. I do continue to think Philly is prime for picking.

So far, Buffalo has shown they are a good team. They have to earn great team. I do continue to think Philly is prime for picking.

I've had this feeling since before the series began - hence the reason why the Sabres play in this series has been, overall, underwhelming.

Has anyone noticed that Connolly leads the team in faceoffs and has played 20 minutes a game, easily the most among forwards?

Being on the #1 PK unit has helped that ice time quite a bit, I imagine. That said, he's played okay all series. One glaring mistake that I can remember (a turnover on a PP almost led to SHG against) but he has done his part on the PK. He needs to shoot the puck.

His PK and his positioning have actually been excellent.

I just wish he hadn't forgotten how to pass the puck.

There was a couple times during the last game where he just carelessly skated off the ice when the puck was in play by him. I really don't think his heart is in it. Hopefully he proves me wrong. LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!

This game is just looming in the back of my mind all day today. Wednesday night, I wasn't nervous in the least, and was very relaxed watching the game, almost as if I had come to terms that if we lost, at least we battled as hard as we could.

Today, that feeling is gone. Lots of nervous energy. 5-3 Buffalo.

Has anyone noticed that Connolly leads the team in faceoffs and has played 20 minutes a game, easily the most among forwards?

I can't get over how well he's done on faceoffs during this series. IIRC he was over 66% in the first game. Very Un-Connolly like.

I am beyond pissed off at the flyers. Let them come out acting like big tough guys. Tell me right now if they have guys who can step up to Goose, Cody, Monty, Kaleta, Weber, Grier, Myers and even Gerbe. Bring it on, I hope the flyers come out swinging that way we get the lead and then send cody after their entire team. I predict a sabres win and a fight between Ruff and Laviolette. To bad kassian can't be up for this game. Kick Their ***** LET'S GO BUFFALOOOOOOOOOO :wallbash:

This game is just looming in the back of my mind all day today. Wednesday night, I wasn't nervous in the least, and was very relaxed watching the game, almost as if I had come to terms that if we lost, at least we battled as hard as we could.

Today, that feeling is gone. Lots of nervous energy. 5-3 Buffalo.

Me too. I've been nauseous/nervous ever since I woke up. I also told myself that I would enjoy the Sabres just making the playoffs, that I wouldn't wish for any more this season.

But, jeez holy shizz I really want the Sabres to beat this low-life monkey butt scum sucking mutant fricken a$$hole team.

I have hated The Philadelphia Flyers since they sent my 11 year old self to bed crying in 1975.

PLEASE BUFFALO SABRES.....please kick these ###### to the curb. Please.

Me too. I've been nauseous/nervous ever since I woke up. I also told myself that I would enjoy the Sabres just making the playoffs, that I wouldn't wish for any more this season.

But, jeez holy shizz I really want the Sabres to beat this low-life monkey butt scum sucking mutant fricken a$$hole team.

I have hated The Philadelphia Flyers since they sent my 11 year old self to bed crying in 1975.

Me too please.

It's pretty bad around here right now...This area I live in is kind of a black hole of sports teams. Harrisburg is too far away to have only one allegiance. Lots of Pittsburgh and Philly fans here, but since Hershey is close, there are a lot of Caps fans.

This makes for a lot of dislike for the Sabres this time of year.

It's pretty bad around here right now...This area I live in is kind of a black hole of sports teams. Harrisburg is too far away to have only one allegiance. Lots of Pittsburgh and Philly fans here, but since Hershey is close, there are a lot of Caps fans.

This makes for a lot of dislike for the Sabres this time of year.

No one here even cares.

Quite a different sports mentality here from the one I grew up with in Buffalo. I'm not saying its bad...just different.

No one here even cares.

Quite a different sports mentality here from the one I grew up with in Buffalo. I'm not saying its bad...just different.

Same here. In this part of Ohio it's the Buckeyes and that's it. They don't even seem to know that there are other sports.

The Sabres have SO many players who have yet to really appear in this series, that if there is a night, or a good 10-15 minute stretch, any one of them wants to step it up, it is in this game.

If, like, 2 or 3 of the usual AWOL players would just step it up a little, ideally during the first to take an early lead, then they'd be golden.

Stopped holding out hope on that years ago.

No - What we see is what we get. Will it be enough? Time will tell.

Good thing is as long as these passengers remain passengers, they will likely be somewhere else next year.

Archived