Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

Whether I'm a STH or someone who bought tickets at the box office, why can't I have the choice of selling my tickets and make a profit off them? Maybe some people can't go to all the games or maybe they just don't want to go. It has nothing to do with how much I like the Sabres.

If you have a problem with this, become a STH. Until then...sucks to be you.

I have no problem with them selling tickets to games they can't go to.. the problem is when one person or organization owns a set of 15 tickets in section 314 that have been on sale for EVERY SINGLE GAME.

also you should not legally be allowed to sell tickets for more than face value + processing charge.

Well the dude on 97 rock this morning that sat outside the arena box office since 9pm last night sure as ###### got tickets. I guess there is no beating the tried and true method of sitting outside and waiting.

he definitely isn't in a :censored: 'virtual waiting room'

Which is ironic because they made it a point to say "We urge you to buy online rather than show up or call the box office to avoid long unnecessary waits" blah blah in all their ads.

I've already told my sister's Boyfriend (has Time Warner) that I'll be at his house to watch the games, and told him the schedule so he knows when to expect me...DAMN YOU DISH NETWORK! :wallbash:

Wait...if this is the Easter Sunday Game 6, then why are we all in a tizzy?

If the series goes that far, that game is supposed to be on NBC. Am I missing something?

Wait...if this is the Easter Sunday Game 6, then why are we all in a tizzy?

If the series goes that far, that game is supposed to be on NBC. Am I missing something?

If any game is locally broadcasted, it will be blacked out on VS, and lately, the Sabres games that were on VS were blacked out anyways at my house (in Ithaca area)...

So I'm just not taking any chances, and I'm just gonna go watch the game elsewhere

Why?

Uh, is it not a retardedly obvious concept?

1. Buy ticket for $50

2. Sell ticket for $125

3. Repeat

4. Profit

Sorry but if you buy a ###### ticket you should buy the ticket TO GO TO THE GAME, period. Not to make money. If you can't go, sell your ticket for the price you paid and make your money back. Don't ###### rip people off and charge them twice or three times as much as you paid. It's because of stingy ass people like that the world sucks.

I got in, too. Nothing left in groups of 4 for any game, at least that I can afford.

yeah.. i got in too.. but not til there were only single seats available. looks like its stubhub for me.

I got one group of 3 for the Sunday game (looks like no church for me that day) and a couple of single seats for the monday and wednesday games...

1. Buy ticket for $50

2. Sell ticket for $125

3. Repeat

4. Profit

Sorry but if you buy a ###### ticket you should buy the ticket TO GO TO THE GAME, period. Not to make money. If you can't go, sell your ticket for the price you paid and make your money back.

I know that it sucks to have to pay more, but this is simple supply and demand. Say you go to a garage sale and buy some piece of junk for $5. Then you find out that somebody else values that piece of junk for $500 because it has sentimental value. Why not make a profit?

I know that it sucks to have to pay more, but this is simple supply and demand. Say you go to a garage sale and buy some piece of junk for $5. Then you find out that somebody else values that piece of junk for $500 because it has sentimental value. Why not make a profit?

That's completely different. No "piece of junk" has a set value. Even the stupid ###### you see on Pawn Stars are just estimated value, it will vary depending on who you ask. The league and teams SET a price on tickets... that should be what EVERYBODY pays, with the one exception being STH's should get a small discount. You should not be able to purchase a ticket with no intention of attending the event and re-sell it for twice as much. Nobody buys cookies at the store for $5 and goes and re-sells them for $15 because somebody likes that brand or something.

Has Lindy Ruff's name appeared in this thread before this post? I did a quick scan and didn't see it. Where is the pro-Lindy crowd? If he is the coach many say he is then he needs to be at the top of pluses on the Sabres side. Doesn't he?

Look, do me a favor and join a different sabres fan board will ya?

I agree with the pundits. With Leopold in the lineup they are very inexperienced(Myers, Sekera, Weber & Butler). Without Leopold in the lineup(replaced by Gragnani), they better pray some of the blueliners are oblivious to the playoff pressures. If I was Lindy, I'd throw Morrisonn in there for Game 1 and hope he gets his act together.

Yes an unexperienced blueline has proven to be a disadvantage for any team in the playoff's. That's why teams go out and get Prongers or Chara's. I agree in hoping the blueliners are oblivious to playoff pressure and I also agree that is why you play Morrison here.

I am also concerned about Sekera's upper body injury since against a physical team like Philly that is the part of your body that will take the most pounding. The backcheck and first pass zone exits will be the key to keeping the pressure off the young D. I have to wonder if Lindy has anything up his sleeve to try and counter this e.g. play 7 dmen and use one as forward.

That's completely different. No "piece of junk" has a set value. Even the stupid ###### you see on Pawn Stars are just estimated value, it will vary depending on who you ask. The league and teams SET a price on tickets... that should be what EVERYBODY pays, with the one exception being STH's should get a small discount. You should not be able to purchase a ticket with no intention of attending the event and re-sell it for twice as much. Nobody buys cookies at the store for $5 and goes and re-sells them for $15 because somebody likes that brand or something.

Ok, really bad analogy on my part. :) Yours is better. But let's use the cookie analogy. Let's say these cookies are REALLY good. The cookies are so good that many people are desperate to eat them, just for the experience. But you know that they're in short supply and only a few thousand boxes remain. I wouldn't blame you for buying a few boxes, keeping one for yourself, and turning a profit on the others.

Like I said, I more than understand your frustration, but I don't necessarily see profiting on tickets as shenanigans.

I have no problem with them selling tickets to games they can't go to.. the problem is when one person or organization owns a set of 15 tickets in section 314 that have been on sale for EVERY SINGLE GAME.

also you should not legally be allowed to sell tickets for more than face value + processing charge.

Funny how this wasn't a problem when no one thought the Sabres were going to make the playoffs. Maybe you should by some tickets in Philly? They are going for less than $80.

PTR

Has Lindy Ruff's name appeared in this thread before this post? I did a quick scan and didn't see it. Where is the pro-Lindy crowd? If he is the coach many say he is then he needs to be at the top of pluses on the Sabres side. Doesn't he?

Well, his counterpart is a pretty accomplished NHL coach, so it's not like there's the same spread that exists between Miller and Bobrovsky or between Briere and any of the Sabres' forwards (in terms of playoff productivity) or Pronger and any of the Sabres' defensemen.

1. Buy ticket for $50

2. Sell ticket for $125

3. Repeat

4. Profit

Sorry but if you buy a ###### ticket you should buy the ticket TO GO TO THE GAME, period. Not to make money. If you can't go, sell your ticket for the price you paid and make your money back. Don't ###### rip people off and charge them twice or three times as much as you paid. It's because of stingy ass people like that the world sucks.

What if I can't wait 12 hours in line for tickets because I have a job, family, etc., but someone else can? Isn't 12 hours of that person's time worth something? Can't he and I decide that I want to pay a certain amount for his time in getting me the tickets?

Now, there have historically been other issues with tickets sold to the public in these situations, in which the process has been corrupted and insiders direct most of the tickets to brokers without the public even getting a shot at them. I think you have a much more legit complaint in that situation. But not for the STH (who takes the risk of being stuck paying for lots of unwanted tickets) or the guy who waits in line and then re-sells his tickets.

Ok, really bad analogy on my part. :) Yours is better. But let's use the cookie analogy. Let's say these cookies are REALLY good. The cookies are so good that many people are desperate to eat them, just for the experience. But you know that they're in short supply and only a few thousand boxes remain. I wouldn't blame you for buying a few boxes, keeping one for yourself, and turning a profit on the others.

Like I said, I more than understand your frustration, but I don't necessarily see profiting on tickets as shenanigans.

I don't know for sure, but I'm actually fairly certain re-selling those boxes of cookies would be illegal, wouldn't it? (If for no other reason than that it's gotta be illegal to re-sell food products! :nana: )

I mean I understand that, sure, if you have something you can make a buck off of, who wouldn't sell it and make a profit? But when there's an extremely limited number of tickets and the organization decides that they'll charge $60 for them, it's completely unfair and pretty stupid that 1,000 people are going to buy tickets for $60 for the sole purpose of re-selling them for three times the price. I'm not saying they're BAD people for doing it, necessarily, but I think with the growth of online ticket resale place like stubhub it's just going to become more and more common for people to buy tickets w/ no intention of ever going to the event and resell them for profit. At least back in the day they'd have to actually go down to the arena to sell them, or have a very limited amount of potential buyers.

Whatever, I'm just pissed. 05-06 it was easy as pie to get tickets to every regular season game and three playoff games. then all of the sudden you couldn't buy a 300 level ticket for $100 in 06-07. Last year I went to 6 or 7 games and game 1 vs boston (bought from stub hub) w/ no problem, this year i made it to one game and playoff prices are thru the roof... the fairweather fans that litter this area can blow me.

I don't know for sure, but I'm actually fairly certain re-selling those boxes of cookies would be illegal, wouldn't it? (If for no other reason than that it's gotta be illegal to re-sell food products! :nana: )

I mean I understand that, sure, if you have something you can make a buck off of, who wouldn't sell it and make a profit? But when there's an extremely limited number of tickets and the organization decides that they'll charge $60 for them, it's completely unfair and pretty stupid that 1,000 people are going to buy tickets for $60 for the sole purpose of re-selling them for three times the price. I'm not saying they're BAD people for doing it, necessarily, but I think with the growth of online ticket resale place like stubhub it's just going to become more and more common for people to buy tickets w/ no intention of ever going to the event and resell them for profit. At least back in the day they'd have to actually go down to the arena to sell them, or have a very limited amount of potential buyers.

Whatever, I'm just pissed. 05-06 it was easy as pie to get tickets to every regular season game and three playoff games. then all of the sudden you couldn't buy a 300 level ticket for $100 in 06-07. Last year I went to 6 or 7 games and game 1 vs boston (bought from stub hub) w/ no problem, this year i made it to one game and playoff prices are thru the roof... the fairweather fans that litter this area can blow me.

It is only because of your repeated whining this morning that I am going to say this....

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Like I said, it sucks to be you. There's ways to get tickets if you really want them, like camping out overnight and being first in line or paying what the market dictates once all the box office tickets are gone. If you choose not to, watch the game on TV.

if you makes you feel better my stupid friend thought he was logging me out of sabrespace and himself in, Now instead of Being KTN4GM I am his bloody email address and I cant change it because it would go over my 2 name changes in 90 days.... But ya I agree its ridiculous what some season ticket holders do. I guy I work with buys tickets with these 2 dudes and one of the dudes always misses the game pretty much but then he wants face value for a ticket I know he only paid 40 bucks for... People kinda suck.

What if I can't wait 12 hours in line for tickets because I have a job, family, etc., but someone else can? Isn't 12 hours of that person's time worth something? Can't he and I decide that I want to pay a certain amount for his time in getting me the tickets?

Now, there have historically been other issues with tickets sold to the public in these situations, in which the process has been corrupted and insiders direct most of the tickets to brokers without the public even getting a shot at them. I think you have a much more legit complaint in that situation. But not for the STH (who takes the risk of being stuck paying for lots of unwanted tickets) or the guy who waits in line and then re-sells his tickets.

I like this line of thinking. It's a service and there's a market rate for the service (which rate is set by the market). Some people hire house cleaners; others hire people to stand in line for them.

Speaking of which, anyone know a good chimney sweep?

Fairweather fans are a fact of life. And they are often the ones who drive up prices when the team gets hot. But I don't feel sorry for you. That's the risk you take by not being a STH. The whole idea of being a STH is you get tickets for every game guaranteed, and if you can't go to a game you have the option to sell. And if someone is willing to give me $150 for a $60 seat I'm supposed to say no? Who shed tears for me when I was eating Thrasher and Islander game tickets back in November?

PTR

I really love this Sabres hockey team. The intensity level has been out the roof as of late and If we can hold on to the momentum, and with some solid Goaltending, Pegula could have his hockey dreams come true in a blink of the eye. ;)

and it couldn't happen to a nicer guy, or a more deserving city...GO SABRES!!!

Archived