Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

fan energy is important the players can feed on it, fan negativity doesnt help much. I am hoping that the HSBC is rocking for game 3 and 4 hopefully we win game 1 and make it uphill battle for philly. I just realized my 30+ years of hating philly has just come back on top of my hatred for the canes and their whiny fans.

Don't you think this falls under the umbrella of calling out the fans (throwing them under the bus may be too strong of a description IMO). I think that is what DeLuca was alluding to, Miller is politely chiding quiet fans to get off their hands and provide the same energy he knows the Flyer fans are going to provide.

I know y'all hate DeLuca's tone, but you have to admit, he stimulates conversation around here. And there are nuggets of truth in most, if not all of his commentary.

Stimulates? He couldn't stimulate me if he put on a teddy and asked me to call him Shirley. I read this guy all season long and never has he said something positive.

Stimulates? He couldn't stimulate me if he put on a teddy and asked me to call him Shirley. I read this guy all season long and never has he said something positive.

But he got you to respond and join the conversation. Like it or not, that is pretty much the definition of stimulates.

Did you read him all season....or from January until now?

I seem to remember in November....when game threads were 7 pages long, and 23 users would be on at 11PM, not 189.....that DeLuca was there.

Interesting how that works?

But he got you to respond and join the conversation. Like it or not, that is pretty much the definition of stimulates.

Just out of curiosity is there an "ignore" feature at this site? I seriously don't care to read any more posts from this guy.

Did you read him all season....or from January until now?

I seem to remember in November....when game threads were 7 pages long, and 23 users would be on at 11PM, not 189.....that DeLuca was there.

Interesting how that works?

Check my join date Mr.GODD, Post count does not indicate reading posts. And yes I did read back in November.

Just out of curiosity is there an "ignore" feature at this site? I seriously don't care to read any more posts from this guy.

Yep. It is in your user controls. Look in the upper right corner of your screen.

Enjoy the blinders.

Check my join date Mr.GODD, Post count does not indicate reading posts. And yes I did read back in November.

I see when you joined....and it wasn't so much directed at you as the point in general.

We had this little rodeo back in '07. The team is playing well, the fans are all medicated, and rocks start getting thrown at anybody who dares to question anything having to do with anyone on the Sabres.

DeLuca is probably one of a handful of posters who has contributed his opinions all along. Put him on ignore if you want, but I respect someone who watches and ENDURES this team 24/7, even if they complain about them....over Smiling Sally and her band of Pegula Patsies who show up when things are on the upswing.

Or enjoy being a fan?

You know what, I was going to go and try to explain why I think your POV is wrong but I won't waste the energy. I'll leave it at, there are 3 basic types of fans on this site, optimists, pessimists, and middle of the road types. But the one thing they have in common is that they are all fans. Yes, they ALL are.

But notice that the negative ones haven't made a habit out of calling out and bitching about the positive ones. And yes, the super positive ones are every bit as annoying as the super negative ones.

I see when you joined....and it wasn't so much directed at you as the point in general.

We had this little rodeo back in '07. The team is playing well, the fans are all medicated, and rocks start getting thrown at anybody who dares to question anything having to do with anyone on the Sabres.

DeLuca is probably one of a handful of posters who has contributed his opinions all along. Put him on ignore if you want, but I respect someone who watches and ENDURES this team 24/7, even if they complain about them....over Smiling Sally and her band of Pegula Patsies who show up when things are on the upswing.

I can understand that. I have had my heart torn out by these Buffalo sports teams for longer than I care to remember yet every year I'm back on their bandwagon and hope beyond hope that "this year will be our year". If that's being a Pollyanna then so be it.

You know what, I was going to go and try to explain why I think your POV is wrong but I won't waste the energy. I'll leave it at, there are 3 basic types of fans on this site, optimists, pessimists, and middle of the road types. But the one thing they have in common is that they are all fans. Yes, they ALL are.

But notice that the negative ones haven't made a habit out of calling out and bitching about the positive ones. And yes, the super positive ones are every bit as annoying as the super negative ones.

Criticism when warranted is to be expected. Criticism for the sake of being a critic is just Jerry Sullivan,

I can understand that. I have had my heart torn out by these Buffalo sports teams for longer than I care to remember yet every year I'm back on their bandwagon and hope beyond hope that "this year will be our year". If that's being a Pollyanna then so be it.

What I see from posters critical of the team is questions and opinions directed towards the team.

What I see from posters critical of critical posters is pure venom at times.

Ignore is great. If you think someone has nothing to add, or you want to live in denial from any truths that will pick at the scabs of your Buffalo inferiority complex....Ignore is the way to go.

I enjoy reading everyone here. There have been some posters that I cringed at, at first, but when i started to understand them better, find them funny or valuable. I've seen good stuff from you, only because I associate you with Kevin O'Neil with that name so I remember. In truth, the avatars help to remember.

Relax.....the Sabres are doing well. I don't see anyone saying they are disgusting or they want them to lose. Heck...go out and bet them. They're 15-1 to make it to the Cup. That's a pretty nice payday for someone who says they are the hottest team in the NHL and need to be respected.

HEY!! I resemble that remark.. :w00t: Sabres are going to sweep the Flyers. :nana:

What I see from posters critical of the team is questions and opinions directed towards the team.

What I see from posters critical of critical posters is pure venom at times.

Ignore is great. If you think someone has nothing to add, or you want to live in denial from any truths that will pick at the scabs of your Buffalo inferiority complex....Ignore is the way to go.

I enjoy reading everyone here. There have been some posters that I cringed at, at first, but when i started to understand them better, find them funny or valuable. I've seen good stuff from you, only because I associate you with Kevin O'Neil with that name so I remember. In truth, the avatars help to remember.

Relax.....the Sabres are doing well. I don't see anyone saying they are disgusting or they want them to lose. Heck...go out and bet them. They're 15-1 to make it to the Cup. That's a pretty nice payday for someone who says they are the hottest team in the NHL and need to be respected.

I will ignore the Buffalo inferiority crack and agree that the Sabres are doing well.

Criticism when warranted is to be expected. Criticism for the sake of being a critic is just Jerry Sullivan,

Who gets to choose when it is warranted? The negative posters opinions are just as valid as the positive posters opinions.

Who gets to choose when it is warranted? The negative posters opinions are just as valid permissibleas the positive posters opinions.

Fixed.

Just as you can't prove what's warranted, you can't prove validity. It's perception. You may think it's a valid argument, others may think it's being over-critical.

Fixed.

Just as you can't prove what's warranted, you can't prove validity. It's perception. You may think it's a valid argument, others may think it's being over-critical.

That is fair. And the point still stands.

Please save your energy, Thursday is a long way away.......Its like being a kid again, waiting to open presents on Christmas morning.......Granted you don't always get what you want, but smile you could be a leaf fan and the season ends early for them, 6 years in a row.

Archived