Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.

John D. Rockefeller

Don't find fault, find a remedy.

Henry Ford

Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act. Action will delineate and define you.

Thomas Jefferson

Do not fear greatness. Some men are born great. Some men achieve greatness. And some men have greatness thrust upon them. - anonymous

Lets find out who our sabres really are...

Game One: Thursday at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.

Game Two: Saturday at Philadelphia, 5 p.m.

Game Three: Monday, April 18 at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

Game Four: Wednesday, April 20 at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.

Game Five*: Friday, April 22 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.

Game Six*: Sunday, April 24 at Buffalo, 3 p.m.

Game Seven*: Tuesday, April 26 at Philadelphia, TBD

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/04/sabres-flyers-starts-thursday-game-six-in-buffalo-would-be-easter-sunday-matinee.html

WTF does "Joined in progress" mean - are we going to get screwed on Game 1? Or will MSG pick up the slack?

SERIES B #2 vs. #7

Thursday, April 14 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS-JIP

Saturday, April 16 at Philadelphia, 5:00 p.m. TSN

Monday, April 18 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Wednesday, April 20 at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Friday, April 22 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS (JIP)

*Sunday, April 24 at Buffalo, 3:00 p.m. NBC (HD), TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Philadelphia, TBD TSN

WTF does "Joined in progress" mean - are we going to get screwed on Game 1? Or will MSG pick up the slack?

SERIES B #2 vs. #7

Thursday, April 14 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS-JIP

Saturday, April 16 at Philadelphia, 5:00 p.m. TSN

Monday, April 18 at Buffalo, 7:00 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

Wednesday, April 20 at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS

*Friday, April 22 at Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m. TSN, VERSUS (JIP)

*Sunday, April 24 at Buffalo, 3:00 p.m. NBC (HD), TSN

*Tuesday, April 26 at Philadelphia, TBD TSN

twitter world says games will be on MSG for local viewers

So what, a guy in LA would only get Games 3-6 in full? Or will NHL Network carry the TSN games?

And crap. Crap crap crap. Game 6 would be right smack dab in the middle of Easter Sunday. I'll still be at church when the puck drops.....what the hell am I gonna do.....

So what, a guy in LA would only get Games 3-6 in full? Or will NHL Network carry the TSN games?

And crap. Crap crap crap. Game 6 would be right smack dab in the middle of Easter Sunday. I'll still be at church when the puck drops.....what the hell am I gonna do.....

I would recommend rooting for Sabres in 5! :thumbsup:

I'm in the same boat. Not in church but in the middle of nowhere with the wifes family. Don't even think I'll get WGR reception up there. Guess I can PVR it but so worried some idiot will tell me the score before that. Idiot, ok that's not Easter weekend talk, I appologize. Let's Go Buffalo in 5!

This will be a very tough matchup. Phl has to be the favorite for a lot of the reasons other mention. Depth of scoring. Shut down D with Pronger. More physical.

As posted earlier Hartnell has already gone on record saying they will be physical to try and disrupt Sabres puck carrying and speed. We can't change the team we have so I look at Montreals formula from last year of speed, team defense, strong goal tending, capitlalize on chances and some fortunate bounces.

Some pundits are also saying the Sabres are too young/green on the blueline for the playoff wars. Maybe that's just the advantage we need, to young and naive to know we are not supposed to be able to beat a playoff tested team like Philly.

With strong goaltending by Ryan I say thats a perfect storm for a first round upset and that the kids we be alright.

Some pundits are also saying the Sabres are too young/green on the blueline for the playoff wars.

I agree with the pundits. With Leopold in the lineup they are very inexperienced(Myers, Sekera, Weber & Butler). Without Leopold in the lineup(replaced by Gragnani), they better pray some of the blueliners are oblivious to the playoff pressures. If I was Lindy, I'd throw Morrisonn in there for Game 1 and hope he gets his act together.

SOO PISSED at the Sabres.com/Tickets.com ###### ticket system. Put me in some ###### ###### "line" where i'd be "randomly selected" to buy tickets. It's 9:30 already and I'm sure the tickets are long gone but I'm still in the queue supposedly.

I can't stand the way tickets work. Season ticket holders are selling $60 seats for $150 on stub hub. Cool. Glad you like the Sabres so much that you buy season tickets just to make a profit and not go to any games...

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

mods may as well just block my account for today cause anything I say is going to be in a rage of fury

SOO PISSED at the Sabres.com/Tickets.com ###### ticket system. Put me in some ###### ###### "line" where i'd be "randomly selected" to buy tickets. It's 9:30 already and I'm sure the tickets are long gone but I'm still in the queue supposedly.

I can't stand the way tickets work. Season ticket holders are selling $60 seats for $150 on stub hub. Cool. Glad you like the Sabres so much that you buy season tickets just to make a profit and not go to any games...

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

mods may as well just block my account for today cause anything I say is going to be in a rage of fury

I know I'm in the same boat, got on at exactly 9am and now I am stuck in waiting room limbo in order to get tickets to any of the games. By 9:30 there can't be anything left...

:censored:

Same here.. totally blows. I got tix last year in like three minutes online. This year.. sitting in the virtual waiting room. i wonder if it's even working.

Well I mean it does keep refreshing every thirty seconds... it could just be a macro running over and over again :oops:

except if your on dish you will be blacked out on VS and MSG and thats what sucks big time

I've already told my sister's Boyfriend (has Time Warner) that I'll be at his house to watch the games, and told him the schedule so he knows when to expect me...DAMN YOU DISH NETWORK! :wallbash:

Well I mean it does keep refreshing every thirty seconds... it could just be a macro running over and over again :oops:

I'm calling BS on the whole damn process.

"When you are selected you will automatically see a popup which you must click on to enter the site. You will have a very limited amount of time to respond to the popup otherwise you will have to return to the Virtual Waiting Room, so please remain near your computer. Make sure your computer speakers are turned on to hear periodic countdown beeps."

Whatever you say...

Whether I'm a STH or someone who bought tickets at the box office, why can't I have the choice of selling my tickets and make a profit off them? Maybe some people can't go to all the games or maybe they just don't want to go. It has nothing to do with how much I like the Sabres.

If you have a problem with this, become a STH. Until then...sucks to be you.

I'm calling BS on the whole damn process.

"When you are selected you will automatically see a popup which you must click on to enter the site. You will have a very limited amount of time to respond to the popup otherwise you will have to return to the Virtual Waiting Room, so please remain near your computer. Make sure your computer speakers are turned on to hear periodic countdown beeps."

Whatever you say...

Well the dude on 97 rock this morning that sat outside the arena box office since 9pm last night sure as ###### got tickets. I guess there is no beating the tried and true method of sitting outside and waiting.

he definitely isn't in a :censored: 'virtual waiting room'

Archived