Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

LOVE the vids everyone!

+1 to all...

As for this series...honestly it's a toss-up (not trying to sound like a complete homer)

We've seen this Philly team 4x

Lost the first two 6-3 and 5-2...Both before Pegula sparked the fire under this team.

Next two, we win 5-3, and 4-3(OT).

Depending on which Sabres team shows up, depends on if we win this series, and how long it'll take.

I think this will be one of the longer East series' (well I think they ALL will be) and could be a 7 over 2 upset.

But Briere has Buffalo's #, as does Philly as a whole.

Some big questions to keep in mind heading into this...

- How does Miller look after his long rest and then the rest going towards Game 1

- Will players such as Stafford, Connolly, and Gaustad among others step up to the next level and play lights out.

- Flyers goaltending situation? Who starts in net for them? Will the goalie(s) get rattled?

- Flyers offense...how consistent will it be?

- Who wants it more will win this series; simple as that.

About a month and a half ago I'd think this is a very tough matchup and hope we didn't get swept. Philly has faultered down the stretch, Pronger is hurt (even if he plays beginning game 1 how will he be) and their goaltending is weak. We are by no means a favourite but I wouldn't be surprised to win this series.

I remember that match and because sabres were crushing the flyers at 6-0 abc decided to switch to the pens game instead

Watched that game at ESPNZone in DC, with a mix of Filly fans and Sabres fans. Well, the right guys were happy!

After some of the comments I found last night, Flyers fans have A LOT to be worried about...

wow.... All I can say is wow..... I read a few topics on their board and every single post made it seem like the world was literally ending. The negativity on that board makes me appreciate everyone here. For goodness sakes they went to the Finals last year and even win their division this year with the 2 seed and they're acting like they have already been swept in the first round of the playoffs. These two teams are complete opposites right now, that was an eye-opening experience. This has lead me to believe that Buffalo will handily win this series. Holy cow.

Archived