Sabres Vs. Flyers Round 1 Matchup

matter2003

I want to print these out and read them on the WGR 550 Whiner Line. They are hilariously ignorant.

No kidding. There's being passionate about your team and then there's that. I guess that's why philly has the rep they have.

The players have been sending a message back to Pegula ever since the day he took over as the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres.

"Mr. Pegula, we appreciate everything you do in an effort to help us on our quest to win the Stanley Cup"

Let the bodies hit the floor :ph34r:

Somethings got to give...

I don't think it oculd look any more even until you get down to goals for and goals against. Wow. Philly looks way stronger when you note those two stats. Until then it looked like an even matchup.

There's not a huge difference in those numbers though.

I don't think it oculd look any more even until you get down to goals for and goals against. Wow. Philly looks way stronger when you note those two stats. Until then it looked like an even matchup.

Both true. With as offensively challenged (and shaky on D) as the Sabres were earlier in the season, I have to wonder if those last two stats might not be close to even if you throw out Oct-Dec.

Keys to this series:

Buffalo's PP will have to stay at or near the 20% clip.

The defense will have to clamp down when Philly enters the zone, they are going to have to be much more physical.

The Buffalo fowards are going to have to be much more aggressive in the nuetral zone when Philly carries the puck through.

Miller will have to have a very good series given Buffalo's lapses on defense from time to time.

This being said, I am not a firm believer in the old belief that playoff hockey is different from the regular season. In point of fact, it's not. A hockey game is a hockey game, regardless, if Buffalo sticks to the fundamentals and stays true on the defensive and physical side of the game that is to be expected, they should handely win this series.

I say they do.

Buffalo in 6.

I don't normally troll but hey it's the playoffs. Some fan on the philly board just said the flyers are going to rip off Gerbe's head and piss in his scull. Stay classy philly....

Cryers board

From that HFBoards link:

Game 1 / 2 almost have to be Thur/Sat in philly looking at the building schedule.

Sixers play Wed

Soul plays Friday

The goal differential numbers indicates to me a good difference in team depth. In a long series that puts the Flyers at a distinct advantage I would think.

From that HFBoards link:

Game 1 / 2 almost have to be Thur/Sat in philly looking at the building schedule.

Sixers play Wed

Soul plays Friday

Here's hoping that if that's the case, Saturday's game is a 10am Pacific start so I don't have to get off work.

I don't normally troll but hey it's the playoffs. Some fan on the philly board just said the flyers are going to rip off Gerbe's head and piss in his scull. Stay classy philly....

Cryers board

Gerbe would then put his head back on drink their piss and go score the game winner, why? Because hes better than you philly. The more you beat on him the more he thrives.

maybe i am optomistic here, but I think that bufs defense is better than phillys. Granted they are not as seasoned but they are better as far as actual skill and ability going forward. Mike Weber is the most physical d we got an I feel like in the playoffs he could be a force. Myers and sekera are the keys to our def so if they can play good I think we can destroy philly.

Gerbe would then put his head back on drink their piss and go score the game winner, why? Because hes better than you philly. The more you beat on him the more he thrives.

HAHAHHAHAHA, that's awesome :clapping:

I hope the flyers fans come here and read this: YOU ARE SOFAKING RETARDED! Ive read comments from gerbe should die to we have no physical def, to the sabres are only desperate so thats why they won, the flyers have some magical playoff switch they can flip to become a monster killer.... shut up. The worst was the guy who was like we have home ice advantage so we will obviously win, yup against a team thats played better on the road I bet you will. Flyer fans are some of the most ignorant and self absorbed fans in sports so congrats.

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog." President Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Oh, and lest anyone forget a little lesson in history (no pun intended), try this.

HAHAHHAHAHA, that's awesome :clapping:

i just read the flyers board and i wnat them to go down in flaming pile of wreckage. The board made me angry grrrrr. I hope gerbs scores a big goal just so we can all laugh at the flyers. LETS GO BUFFALO SHOOT DOWN THE CRIERS! I MEAN FLYERS

maybe i am optomistic here, but I think that bufs defense is better than phillys. Granted they are not as seasoned but they are better as far as actual skill and ability going forward. Mike Weber is the most physical d we got an I feel like in the playoffs he could be a force. Myers and sekera are the keys to our def so if they can play good I think we can destroy philly.

definitely optimistic... in 2 years? This will probably be fact. On paper they are definitely superior to our D. Hopefully our heart can trump logic and put us into the second round. Definitely won't be the first time it's happened.

I am going to attempt to not argue with anyone on this board while the sabres are in the playoffs. Might offer an opposing veiwpoint but we all want the same thing and therfore the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Gerbe I hope wrecks the flyers and he could potentially be one of the most underated players on this team.

I would seriously love to see Gerbe score a hat trick in Game 1 just to shut them up...

I read thru most of that board, and I feel my IQ dropped 90 pts/second. there was no logic, numbers, or even statistical backing to half of those posts.

I'm so excited for this to start! LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

I would seriously love to see Gerbe score a hat trick in Game 1 just to shut them up...

I read thru most of that board, and I feel my IQ dropped 90 pts/second. there was no logic, numbers, or even statistical backing to half of those posts.

As much as DeLuca can be a real PITA on here sometimes, he actually posted numbers on here earlier in the thread to compare us against them. I guess the Flyers fans don't believe in doing that. Must be a testimony to the education system in the city of Philadelphia and the surrounding metro area.

i just read the flyers board and i wnat them to go down in flaming pile of wreckage. The board made me angry grrrrr. I hope gerbs scores a big goal just so we can all laugh at the flyers. LETS GO BUFFALO SHOOT DOWN THE CRIERS! I MEAN FLYERS

I know, I got to page 4 and was too pissed to read on. In regards to ur post regarding not arguing with anyone here I will also try that. After reading that board it's us versus them. Let's keep our allies close.

I know, reading that just makes you shake your head. Although it actually pumped me up more for this series after reading. LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!

As much as DeLuca can be a real PITA on here sometimes, he actually posted numbers on here earlier in the thread to compare us against them. I guess the Flyers fans don't believe in doing that. Must be a testimony to the education system in the city of Philadelphia and the surrounding metro area.

That's the truth haha.

That's one thing about this board that I love, is even in arguments, people throw statistics and logic out there to back their claims. there? I don't even know what I was reading. I would love to see someone get lit up like Umberger by Campbell...

Just seems justified now.

Archived