2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Not worth its own thread (as I continue to wage my lonely battle against redundant thread proliferation), but Steve Bernier was waived by the Panthers: linkage.

That's 4 teams that have now given up on him in less than 6 NHL seasons. He's a 25-year-old forward with size and some skill -- there must be something wrong upstairs.

Not worth its own thread (as I continue to wage my lonely battle against redundant thread proliferation), but Steve Bernier was waived by the Panthers: linkage.

That's 4 teams that have now given up on him in less than 6 NHL seasons. He's a 25-year-old forward with size and some skill -- there must be something wrong upstairs.

Was this another big body Darcy let slip away and LR didn't know how to use?

So the Ballard trade boils down to him for a late 1st? Terrible job by the Panthers.

Was this another big body Darcy let slip away and LR didn't know how to use?

He is just built for the half-court offense, not today's up and down skating.

I'm still surprised to see him waived, though. You have to worry about the way

Florida is trying to dump salary.

But the opportunist says.....how much is Steve Wiess?

Is it just me or are there more trades leading up to the trade deadline this year than in years past?

Seems that more GMs are being active earlier. Don't know if it's a trend or an aberration. However, there are one or two exceptions.:wallbash:

I wouldn't mind picking up Schremp on waivers. He's dirt cheap and a center.

I think Lindy could turn his game around defensively. He was banished to 4th line duties while with the Islanders. He did see some 2nd PP unit time, but mainly on the point. I think this kid was mis used heavily. Couldn't hurt as his contract comes to an end at seasons end.

Just something to try at that center position short term with no risk and very little cost.

Wow the rangers are making moves... hey maybe we could send them connolly and get Dubinsky whos a RFA back... thats not selling thats investing...

and to the rangers, it would be rape. or is it "forcible rape?"

"let's ship out 19 goals, 43 points, and youth for 8, 26, and a glass jaw!"

Archived