2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Not sure who this guy is, still checking on reliability soooooo........

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

Kaberle Has WAIVED HIS NTC deal getting done 24-72HRS (Still working on the team he said Yes to) but he will be moved

Kaberle has informed Burke he will waive his NTC #Leafs #NHL deal is being worked on could be completed in 24-72HRS

Like I said, still looking at this cats background

U sound familiar.

I guess I am contractually obligated to ask this. Is this a trade the Sabres should have made?

As this sits this is Philly's #29th and #126 Pick in the 2011 draft.

As of now the Sabres have the #9th and the #96th as it sits, I'd say no way.

Now if it were the #39th 2nd round and #139th 4th round, I'd be fine with that.

As this sits this is Philly's #29th and #126 Pick in the 2011 draft.

As of now the Sabres have the #9th and the #96th as it sits, I'd say no way.

Now if it were the #39th 2nd round and #139th 4th round, I'd be fine with that.

I agree, I think he's more of the same of what is here already. Undersized, 20 goal per year type guy. Not worth a high first.

From a Montreal reporter L.A. Lariviere on twitter-

As I tweeted earlier, we've heard word here at the Bell Centre from reliable sources: #Kaberle has refused to waive no-trade to go 2

It's been noted several times that Kaberle has 1 team on his green light list, pure speculation on my part, but i would bet it's Buffalo.

That's a fair price for a guy with a year left.

He's not Marc Savard, but it is a fair price.

Seems like Ottawa fans are pissed that a good character player went for only a 2nd, and Boston fans are pissed that they traded a 2nd and all they got back was a guy like Chris Kelly. Not sure how to gauge it.

From a Montreal reporter L.A. Lariviere on twitter-

It's been noted several times that Kaberle has 1 team on his green light list, pure speculation on my part, but i would bet it's Buffalo.

From TSN:

Despite reports to the contrary on Tuesday afternoon, Toronto Maple Leaf Tomas Kaberle has not waived the no-trade clause on his contract.

However, the veteran defenceman has indicated to Leafs general manager Brian Burke that Boston may be a potentially favourable location for the veteran blueliner to go to.

While Burke does not need permission from Kaberle to talk to other teams, he will need the blueliner’s permission to trade him.

And while a deal with the Bruins may well be worked out, Kaberle may or may not provide Burke with another potential landing spot if a deal with Boston cannot be worked out.

http://www.crashthecrease.com/2011/02/15/kaberle-has-not-waived-no-trade-clause-may-do-so-for-boston-though/

Seems like Ottawa fans are pissed that a good character player went for only a 2nd, and Boston fans are pissed that they traded a 2nd and all they got back was a guy like Chris Kelly. Not sure how to gauge it.

It's a good deal for Boston. Depth at center is huge going into post-season.

Ottawa has raised the white flag, and rightly so.

I wonder if Nick Foligno is for sale? :beer:

That's what i'm saying. It's always been believed that Boston is the "one", but this is potentially 2 deals that he's rejected to Boston. Maybe he just doesn't want to go there and the news of him wanting Boston are false?

it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sabres pick up rentals in a weak attempt to improve, don't improve.. fans slay the team

Sabres do nothing hoping current team will gel together, don't improve.. fans slay the team

they have to hit the home run or else no credit

Sabres do nothing hoping current team will gel together, don't improve.. fans slay the team

I have no problem with the "stand pat" approach unless the Sabres are in a position where they are poised to make a serious run at the Cup. That is not the case this year.

The preferred time to improve the team is in the offseason, but DR can't seem to get the job done.

it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Sabres pick up rentals in a weak attempt to improve, don't improve.. fans slay the team

they have to hit the home run or else no credit

Is a "weak attempt to improve" (your words) that doesn't work a valid complaint in your eyes? It is in mine. Either make a strong move to improve or accept that you probably shouldn't be dreaming of playoffs.

And doing nothing can be the proper course of action. I don't think it would have been the proper course of action when you are a player or two away from being considered a Stanley Cup contender.

ETA- The criticism comes from Darcy choosing the weak attempt at improvement when he probably would have been better off keeping those draft picks AND doing nothing when the team had a great shot at being a cup contender.

From Dreger:

1) Failing a complete meltdown - which has scuttled at least one previous trade involving the Toronto Maple Leafs, Tomas Kaberle, and the Boston Bruins - there's strong belief that Kaberle will be traded to Boston.

It's unlikely the deal gets done today, but sources say it's close and say the deal doesn't hinge on Kaberle signing an extension with the Bruins.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

Archived