2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Sens trade G Brian Elliott to COL for G Craig Anderson...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354385

That one's a bit of a head scratcher. They at least had a future backup option in Elliot. Instead they'll just lose Anderson to free agency this year. It's not like they free up much money by dumping Elliot's salary. I don't know what the free agent market looks like this offseason, but I guess they throw Lehner to the wolves next year.

He hasn't had a good year, but for playoff depth and sandpaper. A 6th is next to nothing.

Yeah, it's nothing, but it does seem to be about right. Would you have given up much more for him?

Sens trade G Brian Elliott to COL for G Craig Anderson...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354385

Doesn't seem to make much sense from the Ottawa side.

Elliott is a 25 year old pending RFA. Anderson is a 29 year old pending UFA. It's not like they need Anderson for a playoff push as they have given up on the season.

Doesn't seem to make much sense from the Ottawa side.

Elliott is a 25 year old pending RFA. Anderson is a 29 year old pending UFA. It's not like they need Anderson for a playoff push as they have given up on the season.

Maybe they're going to push to resign him? Or maybe he will be moved to another team in a separate trade to be a backup down the stretch and can actually get a pick for him (if they couldn't for Elliot)? Only way it makes sense.

Colorado's definitely throwing in the towel. They dump a little money and also add a goalie who they will hold onto beyond this year. I can't find a single goalie on their roster who isn't a UFA headed into this offseason. So that at least gives them one option moving forward. Still, both teams could very easily wind up fighting each other to add a starter next year.

Colorado's definitely throwing in the towel. They dump a little money and also add a goalie who they will hold onto beyond this year. I can't find a single goalie on their roster who isn't a UFA headed into this offseason. So that at least gives them one option moving forward. Still, both teams could very easily wind up fighting each other to add a starter next year.

Bryzgolov & Vokoun both UFAs next year.

DarrenDreger Kaberle deal to Boston is expected to go down soon. 2 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

TSNBobMcKenzie Barring any last minute complications, this BOS-TOR trade should go down. Colborne and BOS's 1st? That's the rumor. We will see.

TSNBobMcKenzie It looks as though Tomas Kaberle has been asked to waive his NTC to go to BOS and there is every reason to believe he will waive it.

TSNBobMcKenzie Kaberle trade call happening now. No contract talks between Kaberle and BOS have taken place. Two willing parties, tho. Will at some point.

DarrenDreger Deal reported stands, pending trade call. Not a bad 3 weeks for Leafs. Two 1st rnders, prospects Colborne and Gardiner and NHLer Lupul.

Both Gardiner and Colborne are considered top prospects.

Bruins send Wheeler, Stuart to Atlanta for Peverley, Valabik. Then Colborne, 1st Rnd Pk & Cnd. Pk to the Leafs for Kaberle.

So now it's basically Kaberle and Seguin for Kessel. Bruins fans are going to have to start hating Jacobs less, I guess.

So now it's basically Kaberle and Seguin for Kessel. Bruins fans are going to have to start hating Jacobs less, I guess.

Depends on which first-round pick it is, Toronto's or Boston's.

I assume it's Boston's, meaning it is:

Kaberle, Seguin, and (likely) a top-ten pick for

Kessel and (likely) a bottom-15 pick.

If Toronto dives and Boston goes far, then the difference could be huge (like 5th vs. 25th type huge.)

Thanks to Toronto, the Bruins are starting to operate like the Patriots...I think Boston will be VERY good over the next few years.

Yes - note to Messieurs Regier (and Pegula): Take notice of the Bruins MO over the past few seasons. THAT is how you build a contender. One piece here, one there, stockpile a few draft picks, get a diamond-in-the-rough like Seguin. It's going to be real fun for the Sabres having to play them six times a year...... :wallbash:

If Toronto dives and Boston goes far, then the difference could be huge (like 5th vs. 25th type huge.)

Listening to the T.O. media it sounds like it's Boston's pick. Which makes sense because if the Leafs tank at all then it's another lotery pick.

Did Tampa just get Brewer?

Yeah, Brewer to Tampa. No word on what for yet. But Blues will be minus Brewer and Halak tonight.

TSNBobMcKenzie STL's Eric Brewer has agreed to waive his NTC to go to TBay. Deal will be completed shortly. 15 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

TSNBobMcKenzie SJ 2nd rd pick in 2012 in exhange for Ian White. CAR now has budget space to add another piece.

DarrenDregerbrock beukeboom and a 3rd round pick for Brewer.

Beukeboom a 3rd round pick in 2010

Did someone move the deadline to today and not tell anyone?

I thought I saw the conditional pick is a 2nd if the Bruins sign Kaberle or make the finals. So the Leafs may end up with two picks each in the first four rounds? Is that correct? I doubt Burke is done at this point. Jean-Sebastien Giguere, if healthy enough, can add to Burke's collection of picks and prospects. Right now the Leafs are about $24 million under the cap for next season. It is going to be really interesting from here on out for Leaf Fans.

Archived