2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Arnott to Washington confirmed, per, dare I say it, Eklund.

Versus is saying he needs to waive his NTC.

Arnott traded for Dave Steckel, there's your market for Connolly. A 29 year old 4th line center.

I didn't mind this deadline for the Sabres, they actually bought this year rather than just reshuffling players (Kotalik/Moore, MacArthur/Torres). The team is actually better today than it was yesterday, and they have Boyes for more than just this season.

Somewhat disappointing, but then again there weren't really any moves that thought, "Jeez the Sabres should have been involved in that one." And before someone says Penner realize LA gave up roughly the equivalent of Kassian, 1st & 3rd round picks.

"Oh my God, Connolly is still here. What is Darcy thinking?"

C'mon people, with Roy out and the Sabres in the hunt, they can't trade their "Number One" center. Who would they play in his spot?

I'm sure they'll part ways during free agency and Regier will do some shopping in July with TP's dough.

Another "one and done" for the Sabres. I can't believe they couldn't even give Connolly away... You know, maybe it is because Buffalo just doesn't have any players that other teams want (that the Sabres would be willing to give up). Whatever the reason(s), I pray to God that we don't begin to hear excuses from the new owner echoing DR's "it's tough to trade" mantra. That would make me physically ill.

Well, I guess we finish the season with what we had, plus 1. Good luck to the Sabres!

"Oh my God, Connolly is still here. What is Darcy thinking?"

C'mon people, with Roy out and the Sabres in the hunt, they can't trade their "Number One" center. Who would they play in his spot?

I'm sure they'll part ways during free agency and Regier will do some shopping in July with TP's dough.

Agreed.

A question for all you doom and gloomers that are mad about today: What kind of moves were you expecting today? Were you expecting about half the roster to be overhauled and an instant competitor to be born?

Not instant competitor, but at least picks/prospects that could be used in the offseason to obtain more of the pieces for the Cup run in the near future.

A question for all you doom and gloomers that are mad about today: What kind of moves were you expecting today? Were you expecting about half the roster to be overhauled and an instant competitor to be born?

Check the trade tracker....other teams had no problems putting transactions together.

Insanity, craziness or madness is a spectrum of behaviors characterized by certain abnormal mental or behavioral patterns. aka, doing the same thing over and over with the same results.

In other words, how did trading away your 2nd round pick for a player and do essentially nothing else work out in the past? i.e.- moore, bernier, torres.

Not that i was expecting something different, just hopefully Dawwcy is gone after this year or at least goes and buys a set of SOMETHING in the offseason.

I would have taken the Arnott trade. Steckel has 11 points in 60ish games. I'm sure we could have threw TC at them.

I'm uncertain of his contract status so you can hang me on that if you need to.

Archived