2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

How does this make sense for Toronto?

Brian Burke has either lost it, or, has something up his sleeve.

For two years he's been saying the next 2 draft classes are weak and picks won't mean too much. And even last week he said something to the effect of "July 1st is our draft" saying they need to improve now on prospects, young players for the future, again, hinting the June draft won't mean much. Now, he's trading a guy for 2 picks. Very odd. Whatever floats his boat though.

I think Philly will get a goaltender.

They are loaded at Forward.

I heard just a few days ago they held discussions about Steve Mason from Columbus. And, RJ Umburger was asked to give an evaluation about several players on the Flyers. Doubt they could swing a deal without the pick and not sure why their GM is asking Umburger for assistance, i can't imagine that happens everywhere.

Not sure who this guy is, still checking on reliability soooooo........

incarceratedbob incarcerated bob

Kaberle Has WAIVED HIS NTC deal getting done 24-72HRS (Still working on the team he said Yes to) but he will be moved

Kaberle has informed Burke he will waive his NTC #Leafs #NHL deal is being worked on could be completed in 24-72HRS

Like I said, still looking at this cats background

Leafs fans are saying incarcerated bob is a solid source.

Speculation running rampant on multiple Leafs boards now as to where Kaberle is going (nothing new really), but apparently this source is as solid as can be.

I'll wait to see what transpires, but Burke has been a busy little bee across the lake over there.

Anyone heard a peep on Darcy doing anything or are we still in the :yawn: mode until Pegula takes over?

I guess I am contractually obligated to ask this. Is this a trade the Sabres should have made?

Dunno about that. He's not a great scorer (he is decent, but that's all), and this team has plenty of checking forwards and two-way guys. I like his game, but there are other Chicago alums that I'd rather see here. A first and a third is a little heavy for him, IMO, especially for a team that probably isn't making the finals this year. I think Versteeg is under contract through 2012, but I don't think too many here would have been that happy with him--especially given the trade cost. I think Toronto did well here, actually. It wasn't a fleecing, but Toronto got a good return.

I still hate Philadelphia.

got this from Creasy twitter and incarcenatedbob on twitter as well. Both really good sources!

Tomas Kaberle has informed Burke that he would lift his NTC for a few teams. Montreal, Boston, Rangers is all i have heard so far.

Deal should get completed in 24H - 72H

Keep it to actual trades, please. If it happens, by all means, post and/or comment on it. Thanks.

Archived