2011 Trade Deadline Thread

Eleven

Chz gave me her permission, so here it is. Please keep this to announcing and/or commenting upon actual trades, like last year. If you've got a rumor you want to report, please start a trade rumor thread.

Per Chz per TSN: Anaheim acquires defenseman Francois Beauchemin from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 fourth round draft pick.

Chz gave me her permission, so here it is. Please keep this to announcing and/or commenting upon actual trades, like last year. If you've got a rumor you want to report, please start a trade rumor thread.

Per Chz per TSN: Anaheim acquires defenseman Francois Beauchemin from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for forward Joffrey Lupul, defenseman Jake Gardiner and a conditional 2013 fourth round draft pick.

I will miss Joe Bowen saying, "Beauchemin."

You sure don't give Eleven much rope. Let the guy live. A man has to be a man sometimes. He told me he can't even post on other boards now? What the hell.

Yeah, but she looks great in those thigh-high boots with that crop.

With NMC can't trade him without his consent.

Right, switched 'em.

CBA section 11.8

11.8 Individually Negotiated Limitations on Player Movement.

(a) The SPC of any Player who is a Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agent under

Article 10.1(a) may contain a no-Trade or a no-move clause. SPCs containing a no-Trade

or a no-move clause may be entered into prior to the time that the Player is a Group 3

Unrestricted Free Agent so long as the SPC containing the no-Trade or no-move clause

extends through and does not become effective until the time that the Player qualifies for

Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency. If the Player is Traded or claimed on Waivers prior

to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the clause does not bind the acquiring

Club. An acquiring Club may agree to continue to be bound by the no-Trade or no-move

clause, which agreement shall be evidenced in writing to the Player, Central Registry and

the NHLPA, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof.

(b) A no-move clause may prevent the involuntary relocation of a Player,

whether by Trade, Loan or Waiver claim. A no-move clause, however, may not restrict

the Club's buy-out and termination rights as set forth in this Agreement. Prior to

exercising its Ordinary Course Buy-Out rights pursuant to Paragraph 13 of the SPC

hereof, the Club shall, in writing in accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3

hereof, provide the Player with the option of electing to be placed on Waivers. The

Player will have twenty-four (24) hours from the time he receives such notice to accept or

reject that option at his sole discretion, and shall so inform the Club in writing, in

accordance with the notice provisions in Exhibit 3 hereof, within such twenty-four (24)

hour period. If the Player does not timely accept or reject that option, it will be deemed

rejected.

Chicago trades Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman & David Pacan to Florida for Michael Frolik & Alexander Salak. Seems like a win for Chicago.

Isles get their goalie from Phoenix, Al Montoya (former 6th overall pick) to NYI for 6th round pick.

Minor trade, mostly AHL players: Sharks acquire F Patrick Davis and F Mike Swift from NJD for F Steven Zalewski and D Jay Leach.

Chicago trades Jack Skille, Hugh Jessiman & David Pacan to Florida for Michael Frolik & Alexander Salak. Seems like a win for Chicago.

Isles get their goalie from Phoenix, Al Montoya (former 6th overall pick) to NYI for 6th round pick.

Minor trade, mostly AHL players: Sharks acquire F Patrick Davis and F Mike Swift from NJD for F Steven Zalewski and D Jay Leach.

Interesting trade for the Isles...I have been waiting to see if Montoya would get a chance somewhere to start...always thought he would be good. I guess we will see what he can do now.

Very interesting trade. Not sure which will be a better player, Skille or Frolik, but i really like Frolik's game. Chicago is a very gritty team and Frolik adds a lot of speed to their team. Also, interesting that Hawks former GM Dale Tallon, current Panthers GM, are making trades, since Tallon left on bad terms.

Very interesting trade. Not sure which will be a better player, Skille or Frolik, but i really like Frolik's game. Chicago is a very gritty team and Frolik adds a lot of speed to their team. Also, interesting that Hawks former GM Dale Tallon, current Panthers GM, are making trades, since Tallon left on bad terms.

Perhaps they think Skille can turn the corner. What was he, a top 10 pick about 4 or 5 years ago?

I'm scratching my head at this one.

This makes no sense for Florida. None.

This sounds like a serious cash flow problem.

Was thinking the same thing, because looking at the prospects that went also Chicago seemingly got the better of the three. Frolik was due a raise at the end of the year, and they won't have to pay Skille anywhere near what Frolik will be earning. Plus Skille was a Tallon draft pick (7th overall) while he was in Chicago.

Perhaps they think Skille can turn the corner. What was he, a top 10 pick about 4 or 5 years ago?

Yeah, i don't get it, either. Skille was a big prospect that hasn't developed. This was his break out year. He's failed thus far and now is shipped away. Skille is a year older and has 12 career goals, while Frolik has 50 career goals. Not exactly a trade to make for a rebuilding team.

Yeah, i don't get it, either. Skille was a big prospect that hasn't developed. This was his break out year. He's failed thus far and now is shipped away. Skille is a year older and has 12 career goals, while Frolik has 50 career goals. Not exactly a trade to make for a rebuilding team.

Frolik's just a baby. I think he's 22. I really like him.

Archived