Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

just took a look at the nathan gerbe season rewind article on the team site... god i love that kid. Easily one of the most likeable guys on the team am i right?

You're right. Its hard not to cheer for the little guy who battles through.

just took a look at the nathan gerbe season rewind article on the team site... god i love that kid. Easily one of the most likeable guys on the team am i right?

"He's not goin' anywhere". He was one of the guys in on locker renovations. I doubt they dump him.

more important question, whens afternoon tea? Dinner? and Supper? Also if gerbe is frodo does that make Miller Gandalf (hes wise) or Myers (tall and freakishly thin)

Gerbe reminds me more of Samwise Gamgee. Ennis looks more like Frodo.

Imagine if he had been successful in buying a team and then fell flat on his face like this.

Admittedly I haven't been following the RIM/Balsille story closely, so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how he's destitute after leaving RIM (if that does turn out to be the outcome).

Seems to me it would have left him more time to focus on his toy.

Admittedly I haven't been following the RIM/Balsille story closely, so maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how he's destitute after leaving RIM (if that does turn out to be the outcome).

That's right. He doesn't stop being a billionaire, does he?

Yeah, I'm sure he's fine, but you'd have yet another team in the hands of a failed businessman. Thank god he never made that rico case against the NHL. :rolleyes:

Mike Gillis has said that he's already had talks with an nhl gm who shall remain nameless. I know its a long shot with there being 28 other teams but is regier up to something. What do you like that vancouver has that we could use and what would they need of our roster based on their shortcomings this playoff finals? This is around the league and I didn't feel this needed its own thread since it is so speculative.

Mike Gillis has said that he's already had talks with an nhl gm who shall remain nameless. I know its a long shot with there being 28 other teams but is regier up to something. What do you like that vancouver has that we could use and what would they need of our roster based on their shortcomings this playoff finals? This is around the league and I didn't feel this needed its own thread since it is so speculative.

Vancouver could use to drop the Ballard contract, who ended up being their #7 Dman, in order to have a chance at retaining Bieksa and/or Ehrhoff. To do so they may have to package him with another player. Something surrounding Hodgson & Ballard might be interesting giving the Sabres an NHL ready #2 center with upside. Not sure what it'd take in return. Smaller contracts and prospects perhaps?

Butler, Byron & pick #16 for Ballard and Hodgson?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/cody_hodgson

Archived