Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Listening to Bettman press conference...

Winnepeg move hardly sounds celebratory....

Please buy tickets. It will only work if this building is always sold out.

We never should have left.

(no mention of Duds - I wonder if he survives the move...if not I would love to see him as Buffalo's director of Pro Scouting).

Average ticket price will be $80.

Cheapest ticket will be $39.

looks like they'll be wringing their new fans for every penny. Minimum prices of 39 for a single seat not to mention you gotta buy jerseys etc... this year will definitely tell how NHL hockey will fare in winnipeg.

(no mention of Duds - I wonder if he survives the move...if not I would love to see him as Buffalo's director of Pro Scouting).

Last question dealt w/ organization.

Head of True North said he's known Dudley for 15 years. Mentioned he's trying to find role for Moose GM in organization, not sure what the title or role will be. Has been kicking around roles w/ him for the last 2 weeks.

And ended w/ comment w/ something to the effect of "we owe it to Rick Dudley & the rest of that organization to get w/ them quickly because they have families, etc." Didn't sound like Dudley is in the long term plans. Which could be great for the Sabres.

Also, 13k STs must be sold by June 21. Bettman not willing to speculate what will happen if that deadline is missed.

Bettman told guy from Quebec not to get expectations raised.

Last question dealt w/ organization.

Head of True North said he's known Dudley for 15 years. Mentioned he's trying to find role for Moose GM in organization, not sure what the title or role will be. Has been kicking around roles w/ him for the last 2 weeks.

And ended w/ comment w/ something to the effect of "we owe it to Rick Dudley & the rest of that organization to get w/ them quickly because they have families, etc." Didn't sound like Dudley is in the long term plans. Which could be great for the Sabres.

Also, 13k STs must be sold by June 21. Bettman not willing to speculate what will happen if that deadline is missed.

Bettman told guy from Quebec not to get expectations raised.

Until he became GM in Atlanta, you would regularly see Duds in the press box for pro scouting. ....I agree, I didn't sense that he was part of their plans. Not going on much more than gut sense of the thing, but it also sounded like Craig Ramsay might be staying.

I thought I heard on one of the VS broadcasts that they wouldn't be the Winnipeg Jets, but the Manitoba Moose instead. I don't know if that was a sarcastic comment or not, but I'd rather it be the Jets.

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

CGY trades Tim Erixon (09 1st-rounder) and 5th rounder to NYR in exchange for Roman Horak and two second-round picks.

TSN article

Interesting move. Erixon is a really nice defenseman. Good at everything. A smart and disciplined player and a puck mover. I thought he looked good at the World championship.

I wonder why Calgary couldn't sign him. I bet he had better options in the Swedish Elite league.

Interesting move. Erixon is a really nice defenseman. Good at everything. A smart and disciplined player and a puck mover. I thought he looked good at the World championship.

I wonder why Calgary couldn't sign him. I bet he had better options in the Swedish Elite league.

Right - He didn't need to go to Calgary since he could make a good career in Sweden. So instead it looks like he strong arms them to go where he wants - which turns out to be for the team his father played for and probably his favorite team as he was born in Port Chester, NY.

Right - He didn't need to go to Calgary since he could make a good career in Sweden. So instead it looks like he strong arms them to go where he wants - which turns out to be for the team his father played for and probably his favorite team as he was born in Port Chester, NY.

At the same time 2 second rounders isn't a bad return for something you couldn't sign.

The biggest step towards the safety of the players since helmets became mandatory. :thumbsup:

"Both Colin and I believe it's time to take a fresh look at the standards that we use," Bettman told a news conference prior to Game 1 of the NHL Stanley Cup final.

"If we are going to move to harsher discipline, that change needs to send a clear message and we think it would probably be best to do on a clean slate."

"It would be unfair, inappropriate and simply wrong to suggest this reorgnaizaiton in any way is a diminution of Colin or his role," said Bettman.

Translation - You are so fired.

36 yrs old, he thinks he can be the mentor for the young guys like Subban. Getting the same $ as last year. Montreal must not be too keen on re-signing Hamrlik?

What can Gill teach Subban?

OK kid, when they come into the zone go REAAAAL slow and get REAAAL wide and keep them out of the slot. :huh:

Archived