Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Well it's official. I was going to head out somewhere tomorrow night, but now I'm gluing myself to the tv for the draft with a beer in hand. It could be a very entertaining day.

Why would you want to be anywhere else? The Draft is always one of the top TV highlights on my calendar.

I am just astounded at what the Flyers are doing. Dropping salary for a goalie is one thing, but blowing up the lineup? Richards and Carter are key elements in their success. I've heard that Richards was having problems with management, but I didn't think it went this far.

Somehow I don't think they're done...and I thought that WE would be the big movers and shakers tomorrow.

Sounds like my Brad Richards idea (10 years, $51 million with 11,11,9,7,5,3,2,1,1,1.)

I can't wait until the rare moment where someone signs one of those contracts and then turns in Nick Lidstrom, a guy who still thrives in his late 30s and later. Yeah, they will have signed that contract with the intention of buying the player out, but if you had a guy like Lidstrom locked up with a $1 million contract, why would you let him go?

I can't wait until the rare moment where someone signs one of those contracts and then turns in Nick Lidstrom, a guy who still thrives in his late 30s and later. Yeah, they will have signed that contract with the intention of buying the player out, but if you had a guy like Lidstrom locked up with a $1 million contract, why would you let him go?

The buyout cap hit during those last few years, not the extras added on, is actually not very low (the payment is, but not the hit), since it basically makes up for the fact that the cap paid was too low for the actual average over the not-bought-out years. You really hope for retirement or plan on demoting/trading the player if he drops off. However, should he be a Lidstrom-type, you are correct, it would be great. Of course, the cap will be $100+ million by then, so $5M might be the league minimum.

If that happened, the player would threaten retirement if the contract were not redone.

Acquiring M. Richards should take LA out of the B. Richards Derby since they still have to sign Doughty.

But could add Philly.

Also:

DarrenDreger

Joe Nieuwendyk asked Brad Richards to waive his no-move clause today. Richards declined.

Also, crazy thought -- Florida has to spend some money to reach the cap floor: Offer sheet Stamkos for the max salary allowed. Everyone who became Lightning fans due to Stamkos will just turn into Panthers fans, and his jersey will sell like crazy down there!

Also, crazy thought -- Florida has to spend some money to reach the cap floor: Offer sheet Stamkos for the max salary allowed. Everyone who became Lightning fans due to Stamkos will just turn into Panthers fans, and his jersey will sell like crazy down there!

I think Lalime would be a better fit for South Florida. He's old, slow to react, and doesn't see everything. Panthers should sign him for 7M.

TSNBobMcKenzie

Bryzgalov contract with PHI is done. 9 years, $51 million.

Do they have enough room to go after Brad Richards now to replace Mike Richards?

from Bob- Bryzgalov gets $48M in first 7 years of deal. $2.25M in Year in 8, $1.25M in Year 9. Let's call it a 7 year, $48M deal. It's 9 yrs/$51.5M.

B Richards has said all along he will not waive his NMC to move his rights. He wants to test free agency. Donno why it's making headlines again today.

Burke offered up a 2nd rounder for his rights, Richards said no. It's a once in a lifetime opportunity for these guys. You don't pass it up.

from Bob- Bryzgalov gets $48M in first 7 years of deal. $2.25M in Year in 8, $1.25M in Year 9. Let's call it a 7 year, $48M deal. It's 9 yrs/$51.5M.

But that doesnt mean he has to sign with them....

Archived