Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Mike Gillis has said that he's already had talks with an nhl gm who shall remain nameless. I know its a long shot with there being 28 other teams but is regier up to something. What do you like that vancouver has that we could use and what would they need of our roster based on their shortcomings this playoff finals? This is around the league and I didn't feel this needed its own thread since it is so speculative.

Keeping in mind that historically Buffalo and Vancouver seem to have a fairly good relationship trade-wise, and Darcy's post-playoff comments about Vancouver asking about Vanek near the deadline, I think there's a chance it could be Buffalo. I doubt Vancouver is still interested in Vanek, but I know Buffalo should be interested in a slew of Vancouver players! Maybe Vancouver is ready to part ways with Burrows, who some have said served as a distraction throughout the finals and threw off the Canuck's game. I doubt Kesler is available but that would be a stellar pick up if we somehow made it happen -- but again, I doubt Vancouver is just going to "blow it up" and start over.

Maybe it's something like Bieksa or Ehrhoff's rights for a late pick.

In what regard? Please elaborate.

Cody Hodgson is like Vancouver's Tyler Ennis -- he's not someone they're going to move just for the sake of moving, and his salary is virtually non-existent; so moving him just makes no sense.

I'm not too interested in Ballard personally, but Butler & Byron could probably get it done for him alone. Or either one + our first rounder. But I don't want to waste our most tradable assets on a guy who couldn't crack Vancouver's starting lineup. Not when there's a handful of UFA D who would be better.

I'm not too interested in Ballard personally, but Butler & Byron could probably get it done for him alone. Or either one + our first rounder. But I don't want to waste our most tradable assets on a guy who couldn't crack Vancouver's starting lineup. Not when there's a handful of UFA D who would be better.

Perhaps I am off in my assessment of Ballard, I viewed him as having negative value in the offer due to his play and cap hit ($4.2M). Therefore it was the Sabres taking Ballard's cap hit along with Butler/Byron/& Sabres 1st for Hodgson. Guess not.

Vancouver could use to drop the Ballard contract, who ended up being their #7 Dman, in order to have a chance at retaining Bieksa and/or Ehrhoff. To do so they may have to package him with another player. Something surrounding Hodgson & Ballard might be interesting giving the Sabres an NHL ready #2 center with upside. Not sure what it'd take in return. Smaller contracts and prospects perhaps?

Butler, Byron & pick #16 for Ballard and Hodgson?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/cody_hodgson

Two defensemen out in the finals and Ballard still wasn't in the lineup? He was more like a #9 defensemen for them. It really makes you wonder what happened there.

It seems to me that the best move Philly should have made is to trade Carter for Luongo. Both have big, long term contracts and both teams would have been happy. Schneider needs an opportunity to show his stuff and he is ready by all indications. Sign a good support goalie and then all Vancouver needs to address is their D.

But that didn't happen...(OK by me).

Keeping in mind that historically Buffalo and Vancouver seem to have a fairly good relationship trade-wise, and Darcy's post-playoff comments about Vancouver asking about Vanek near the deadline, I think there's a chance it could be Buffalo. I doubt Vancouver is still interested in Vanek, but I know Buffalo should be interested in a slew of Vancouver players! Maybe Vancouver is ready to part ways with Burrows, who some have said served as a distraction throughout the finals and threw off the Canuck's game. I doubt Kesler is available but that would be a stellar pick up if we somehow made it happen -- but again, I doubt Vancouver is just going to "blow it up" and start over.

Maybe it's something like Bieksa or Ehrhoff's rights for a late pick.

Like a 5th or 6th rounder. They're UFA's, no need to waste a pick. You just fire up the fax machine before 11:59am.

I want Sami Salo. I know he was out with injury but I think he would be a good veteran D signing. A less washed up Rivet.

I don't want anyone from Vancouver because they just finished a 105 game season.

I think when the Sabres picked up Spacek...it took half the season for him to get his legs after 24 playoff games with Edmonton in the Stanley cup.

I don't want anyone from Vancouver because they just finished a 105 game season.

I think when the Sabres picked up Spacek...it took half the season for him to get his legs after 24 playoff games with Edmonton in the Stanley cup.

But Salo only played 48 games this season. What then?

Like a 5th or 6th rounder. They're UFA's, no need to waste a pick. You just fire up the fax machine before 11:59am.

Maybe pegula bought a new fax machine so darcy doesnt have to keep waiting for the "market to set itself" and high speed internet and phone cuz that would help too.

HockeyBreak

The Florida Panthers have resigned forward Tim Kennedy.

Good for him.

He got a two way deal most likely with help from Dineen.

About this "hockeybreak" guy. He's like the new Ecklund, I'd be careful. He doesn't give anyone credit for the news but himself. i.e. He tweets Pacioretty's contract deal (2 yrs 1.65 cap hit with Montreal) and treats it like he's breaking the story. When in fact Pacioretty's verified twitter account tweeted it already. I'd be careful.

About this "hockeybreak" guy. He's like the new Ecklund, I'd be careful. He doesn't give anyone credit for the news but himself. i.e. He tweets Pacioretty's contract deal (2 yrs 1.65 cap hit with Montreal) and treats it like he's breaking the story. When in fact Pacioretty's verified twitter account tweeted it already. I'd be careful.

I realize, he does accurately report signings however & it was verified in a few places. I just chose his twitter because it was easier than posting a link.

As long as you know what you're reading and take it as such, just the same as hockeybuzz, it can be fun to read, share and discuss the rumors they're reporting.

I realize, he does accurately report signings however & it was verified in a few places. I just chose his twitter because it was easier than posting a link.

As long as you know what you're reading and take it as such, just the same as hockeybuzz, it can be fun to read, share and discuss the rumors they're reporting.

Hockeybreak has been exposed multiple times as a fraud. Harold and the purple crayon is a more realistic read.

He "broke" this one recently

"Jeff Carter has not been traded, while this could happen in the future it has not yet happened."

really?

I wonder how Burke hiring more Americans will go down.

There's a definite New England feel to that coaching staff now. I know a few people around here who have been pushing hard for Gordon lately, saying he got a rough deal out on the Island.

Archived