Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Smyth denies he's asked to be traded back to Edmonton:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Ryan+Smyth+denies+asked+traded+back+Oilers/4977570/story.html

"Holy cow … that’s the first I’ve heard of that,” Smyth said in an interview.

“I have not asked for a trade. I have a year left on my contract. We’ve got some good things here,” said Smyth, who wouldn’t rule out a return here in the summer of 2012 as an unrestricted free-agent, but that’s if the Oilers wanted him. And it might only be a two-year deal for, say, $3.5 million per season.

From McKenzie's twitter:

TSNBobMcKenzie

For the record, I stand by my story 100 per cent. Totally accurate in every regard. Not much else I can say beyond that. Speaks for itself.

Jagr making his way back to the NHL. His agent Petr Svoboda saying that Detroit, Pens and one other team are interested. Svoboda : ``He’s really decided he wants to play in the NHL and he’s excited about it. He’s ready for the challenge.’’

Jagr making his way back to the NHL. His agent Petr Svoboda saying that Detroit, Pens and one other team are interested. Svoboda : ``He’s really decided he wants to play in the NHL and he’s excited about it. He’s ready for the challenge.’’

But I'm sure Jagr's interest only goes two teams deep.

Are you sure? I was told this Svoboda wasn't a player.

Yup, it's him. He works with another guy Del Duca and have over 15 NHL players (they do football, etc too) including Pavel Kubina, Robert Lang and Jiri Hudler.

His company name is Sportrust Associates International (they do Euro's too).

Yup, it's him. He works with another guy Del Duca and have over 15 NHL players (they do football, etc too) including Pavel Kubina, Robert Lang and Jiri Hudler.

His company name is Sportrust Associates International (they do Euro's too).

You scared me there for a second. Is he always complaining about the status quo?

Why not have the severity of the penalty for a hit to the head also be at the discretion of the Referee? You may or may not lose the hitter based on the discretion of the ref - but it is still only a 2 minute penalty.

RBC Center is no more. PNC Financial has acquired RBC Bank and there will be a name change for the arena.

Link

You would think that HSBC Arena may have a different name at some point as well since HSBC is trying to sell all of their banks in Upstate NY.

Archived